It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame Hezbollah for the deaths of the UN workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As long as Hezbollah sets up and shoots its missiles at Israel from
residential and other should be safe areas, like a UN position, innocent
people will continue to die. I think I read somwhere that this strike
actually killed a Hezbollah leader. What was he doing at a UN position
in the first place.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Uhm...

For starters, the UN OP was not being used to fire rockets. At least, I haven't read anything of the sort. Have you got a link that backs that up?

Secondly, what's this about a Hezbollah leader being killed in the strike? Haven't read that anywhere either. Where do you get your news? Can you share your source with us?

I think you're probably mistaken..as I've seen nothing to indicate that what you've said is true.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Please read this link which will show Hezbollah hides weapons in mosques
and turns residential houses into war rooms, also uses citizens as human
shields.
www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 26-7-2006 by u4itornot]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The fact that they engage in unsavory and despicable acts that endanger the GP is not up for debate.

What I take issue with is the factual basis for your earlier statements.

Show me that rockets were fired from the UN OP. Show me that a Hezzbolah commander (or whatever) was killed in the attack on the UN building. I don't think you can show me those things, because I'm fairly certain they didn't happen. Based on my reading so far, nothing of the sort has even been theorized, nevermind proven.

Your link does not pertain to those questions. It's also incredibly biased. If another nation invaded your country, and you resisted their occupation, would you take kindly to being labeled a terrorist? I think not...

Militant, maybe, or guerilla. Most likely though, you'd refer to yourself as a member of the resistance. The words we use delineate the boundaries of our thought process...

I only wonder if you have the same opinions of the French resistance, during WW2. They disguised themselves as civilians, they used public buildings and private homes as shelters, they endangered the GP simply by existing. Countless innocents died because members of the resistance had to protect their organization by any means necessary, to insure that France would not remain in the hands of the fascists.

You can't argue with a man determined to defend his country from foreign attackers. There simply is nothing you can say to him that will make any sense, in the context of the reality he's living in.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
u4itornot

It seems that the communications between the UN and Israel regarding their location and been the outpost one that has been in that location since the 40s . . .

I kind of question you blaming hezbollah . . .

After all the UN claim that it was not rockets been launched in the proximity of the post when Israel targeted not only one bomb but three to their position . . .

Occurs this is still developing and Israel already has gave a very nice and regretfully statement about the deaths of the UN members.

One country still doesn't buy into the regrets and is filling a complain to the UN against Israel. . .

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ok. Blame Hezbollah for the firing of missiles from Israel that hit UN workers? Hezbollah is a completely terrible organization, granted, but where in the world are you getting this going without links, sources, or even a largely backed opinion of your own? This is like saying that guns kill people. No. People kill people, but sometimes they use guns. A gun doesn't get up, mosey on down to a victim, and start firing. Neither do Israeli munitions. This is absolutely silly unless you can provide some sort of credible source to back up your claim.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So you find that Hezbollah should be held responsible for Israel's carelessness?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Especially considering this

news.bbc.co.uk...
UN peacekeepers in south Lebanon contacted Israeli troops 10 times before an Israeli bomb killed four of them, an initial UN report says.

The post was hit by a precision-guided missile after six hours of shelling, diplomats familiar with the probe say.

Let's blame Hezbollah for Israel blatently ignoring calls to halt from the target.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Who believes that what is printed, aired, whatever is 100% unbiased, actual truth? Not I; not for one second. Every, and I mean EVERY, media outlet has a "slant". Unfortunately, John and Jane Doe are left to filter and sift through so much slant and propoganda that there is no way to confirm or deny accusations unless one was ACTUALLY there. We are not getting the WHOLE story from EITHER side...

Well...that's my opinion at least...because I'm not (as well as John and Jane Doe) directly involved enough to know the facts.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Read the article from this link and you will find that Hezbollah has put
rocket launchers next to UN sites.
www.kansascity.com...:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's interesting, that article does indeed say that the UN has reported guerillas positioning rocket launchers next to UN posts.

Apparently in an effort to draw Israeli fire, and provoke international outrage, forcing an Israeli pullout.

I wonder why this isn't anywhere else in the news? For such a major story, it's getting the cold shoulder from the mainstream media. Maybe it isn't true?

I don't know, still need more information. Thanks for posting that link though.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
MEGA KUDOS to wyrde for actually checking the other side of the story...seriously.
If I still had my WATS, this is where it would have been used...just for simply seeing the other side of the fence.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupefied
That's interesting, that article does indeed say that the UN has reported guerillas positioning rocket launchers next to UN posts.

Apparently in an effort to draw Israeli fire, and provoke international outrage, forcing an Israeli pullout.

Isn't that soooo

So now we have UN willing targets to die for the cause of the UN conspiracy against Israel pull out

That is amazing !!!!!!!!WyrdeOne, I guess I am stupefied more than petrified from the new information.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
If I was a Hezbollah squaddie, the first place i'd be hiding would be the close proximity of UN outposts, so i find it credible that Hezbollah was operating in the vicinity of the OP.
OP Personel was unarmed so they pose no threath to Hezbollah, even if they operate very close to the OP. OP personel was in a shelter so they may have not noticed the Hezbollah presense.

Ps. My second hiding place would be as close to Israeli Artillery positions i could be, they ain't shelling their own A**es

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I can understand why Israel dosent want the UN or any one else telling them how to handel the situation. However the government of Israel should have expressed there point of view thou political measures. An deliberate attack on a UN compound is just plain stupid all military aid should be cut off to Israel can prove with independent evidence that Hezbollah were in and not near the UN compond.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
@u4itornot

Its like saying its not hilters fault for the holocaust rather the poor punters who made the gas.

Is it that had really to hard comprehend murder is murder ?. Israel murdered 4 innocent UN workers ITS THAT SIMPLE. Now please dont come back and say "ohh well Hezbollah did so and so bah bah..etc " Cause it just makes you look like a immature child.

Just admit it Hezbollah and Israel are both terrorist organisations the only difference is Irsael has the funding to spin there CRIMES BETTER

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Let's analyze the Kansas article:

In the article, Israel’s ambassador to the United States, Daniel Ayalon, is the one who has accused Hezbollah militants of positioning rocket launchers beside U.N. sites.

This has apparently been reported by U.N. officials in recent days, he said.

I'd like to know:

1) Where the report is from the U.N.

2) What do they call "beside U.N. sites"? Are we talking a few feet, a few hundred feet or a few thousand feet?

If these links and details can't be established then the Kansas city article is pure propoganda, sensationalism, lack of research or assumptions.

I'm actually interested in this info if someone has it.

If Hizb'Allah are positioning their launchers right next to UN outposts (ie within approximately 10 feet - a distance that would probaly be considered the tolerance of a precision guided missile) then yes, I blame Hizb'Alllah. However, if I was a UN observer and Hizb'Allah had a rocket launcher within a few feet of me, I certainly wouldn't be hanging around.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
As long as Hezbollah sets up and shoots its missiles at Israel from
residential and other should be safe areas, like a UN position, innocent
people will continue to die. I think I read somwhere that this strike
actually killed a Hezbollah leader. What was he doing at a UN position
in the first place.

well I just finished reading Valhall's blog and there is an excerpt in it from an article where it says:
"over here, everybody is Hezbollah..."

I think that might shed some light on blame...thats if your dishing it out?

blog.abovetopsecret.com...

really is great reading and the ending is fantastic...

If we consider that statement, guess the deaths of all the civilians, UN x 4 and the attack on ambulances really starts to make sense!?

top topics

join