It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam: I Am Not A Common Criminal - I Demand To Be Shot Not Hung

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
IF you are going to take a persons right to live in this world for crimes, make it quick and painless. Advocating torture makes you a sadistic and violent thinking person.

DY, you ARE taking my suggestion WAY out of context. I am advocating that kind of punishment only to those who have clearly inflicted it upon others. Period. Stop acting so "more righteous than thou," and get a clear grip on what I am saying. If a guy shoots another on the street, shoot him as punishment. If he decapitates someone with a sword, then same for punishment. Make the perpetrator SUFFER, dammit, cause in every case the victim sure as hell did. What do you think the victim would wish upon his deathbringer if the victim somehow could be given a second chance at living, breathing life, which the friggin perpetrator still has at that point? It is not fair, never has been and never will be. A dead person can't punch back.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
An eye for an eye huh? You would have fit in perfectly around 2000bc. So much for advancing as a society.
Remember, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Remember, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

But it is fair as fair can be at a physical pain level. You people keep wanting to give the advantage to those who kill, maim, torture, and cause horrible suffering. And there is so much of it these days because the penalties are so damn lax. Rape and decapitate a 14-year-old girl? No problem, after it's all said and done, serve 20 years of a life sentance and you're out. The kid never had a chance. I am so sick of this mentality I could scream.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I would venture to guess, no real way to prove or disprove this, so here goes. Given that human nature remains basically unchanged for the last few millenia, I would guess that per capita, the numbers of people who maim, murder, kill, whatever, for their own twisted amusement is about the same it just wasn't thrust at us by the evening news.

Sick twisted pervs are nothing new, or strange. Eye for an eye does nothing to prevent such atrocities. It's sole use, if one can call it that, is as a catharsis for not only the victims, but society in general. Though I have mydoubts as to that...doesn't keep me from wanting to do something well drastic to such evil critters.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmericanBut it is fair as fair can be at a physical pain level. You people keep wanting to give the advantage to those who kill, maim, torture, and cause horrible suffering. And there is so much of it these days because the penalties are so damn lax. Rape and decapitate a 14-year-old girl? No problem, after it's all said and done, serve 20 years of a life sentance and you're out. The kid never had a chance. I am so sick of this mentality I could scream.

Is that my mentality? I didn't realize. Your psychoanalytical skills are greater than most since you can decypher that from a few keystrokes. [/sarcasm]

I haven't made any mention of possible punishments. And I'm sorry if something happened to soeone close to you ( I assume so, since you brought up a completely unrelated instance to express your anger). However, any punishment rendered should fit the crime, if that means death so be it. I'm not in favor of the death penalty in most instances, but if it's going to happen, it may as well be as quick as possible. Any extensive cruel or unusial punishment would be Un-American

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This thread has had it's day.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join