It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Mexico launched rockets into U.S?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Lets say Mexbollah (as an example) started launching rocket attacks into the U.S

What would be the outcome in this situation?

The reason I ask is ALOT of people are against Israels current actions. But if the tables where turned and it was U.S territory being hit with rockets, would your views change?

For the record this is NOT a pro-Israeli thread - Personally I think BOTH sides have done their fair share of wrong in this ongoing conflict.

But its easy for us who sit in safety of our homes, behind our monitors, in countries without war, to make opnions of the current situation.

But what if the tables where turned and it wasn't Israel Vs Arab nations, But Mexico and the U.S ?

I mean really the same situation, where you had a group Mexbollah, launching rocket attacks, hiding in heavily populated area's of Mexico.

What would you expect the U.S Govt to do?
How would you expect them to respond?

Can you give any examples of how you would LIKE them to respond ...

Mod Edit: misleading title

[edit on 7/26/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well the obvious answer is to overfly the mexican rocket launchers and level Mexico city

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Nahhh... you gotta remember, Texas separates Mexico from the rest of the US. Enough said?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, wouldn't that also create the prerequisite of the United States going into Mexico and claiming an area to be part of their country, while displacing the people who lived there? Oh wait, that does sound familiar, doesn't it? I think I realize more than ever why the US gov't and the Israeli gov't are so tight.. Birds of a feather...

When a country commits atrocities, it is unrealistic to believe that some form of retaliation would not occur.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
not the sam situation!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
No way, Niteboy, does the US want the border lands of Mexico. If they became part of the US, then all the maquiadoras there would have to pay minimum wage and have OSHA/union standards, which is why the companies there moved there in the first place to have a better quality of corporate life. No, if we claimed those lands, then all the manufacturing plants there would have to move further back into Mexico, across another border.
OTOH, if those border lands became ours, maybe we could trade them for, let's say, Puerto Vallarto, Acapulco, Cancun...

Mexbollah...oh, oh, they're here already...I see my neighbor with a fire cracker...duck! Actually, I thought we would have more trouble from our Norther Neighbor...Canbollah launching curling stones at us.

Seriously, if Mexico ever wanted to go to war with us, then it would be a colossal failure of US diplomacy.

What if, what if...what a distraction.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You may also want to look our for the wigs and glue-on nails flying out of San Francisco from Dragbollah! They're a dangerous bunch, I can attest.

Burgin, I see what you were trying to get at, but the circumstances are so different that the analogy is more of a distraction than something to work off of.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Texas would protect us !

Then Mexico would become the 51st State.

Hmmm, the United States of North America.

Sounds really good.

Look out Canada.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Accepting, in this hypothetical situation, that a terror group called the the "Mexibolah" existed, if frequent missile attacks were launched from Mexico into the United States, I think that things would go this way;

First, the U.S. would place demands upon the Mexican government to stop these attacks and to disarm this hypothetical terror group.

If the Mexican government was unwilling or unable to disarm this terror group, then the U.S. government would be forced to take action to stop the missile attackes themselves.

The U.S. would probably utilize satellite imagery to pin-point Mexibolah rocket sites. The sites that Mexibolah typically used would be placed under surveillance, using drones and, on the ground, special forces units. When terror activity was noticed, the sites would be destroyed along with active missile-launching crews.

If terror activity continued. That is, if missiles continued to rain down on Southern U.S. states, one could reasonably expect that the U.S. government would use means to use active surveillance; special forces, c.i.a. infiltration, drones, and paid informants to identify, map and catalog Mexibolah strongholds, officers, supply depots and individual members.

I would expect that, in advance of any further escalation, surgical strikes as well as key assasinations would be used to eliminate as much Command and Control facilities and personnel as possible.

Should attacks against the U.S. continue -- especially if Americans were kidnapped -- then the Mexibollah Terror Group as well as the Mexican government could clearly expect that the U.S. would marshall forces and direct an attack against the Mexibollah Terror Group through an air and ground invasion.

Ironically, I can envision that there would be striking parallels between the events in Lebanon and this scenario. Bombing populated areas would be necessary if the terror group, Mexibollah, was hiding weapons, munitions and personell in the midst of populated centers.

Whereas I can't envision Israel trying to to destabilize or overthrow the Lebonese government and it's fragile democratic system, I can, on the other hand see the U.S. trying to overthrow and replace the inept and outwardly corrupt Mexican government with a new regime. Strangely, I don't believe that the U.S. goal in this would be to set up a "puppet regime" but a regime that actually was not corrupt. Corruption, I would have to say, is one of the prime reasons why Mexico is a country that is locked in a cycle of poverty. To bring corruption down to "acceptable" levels is almost paramount.

Mexico is a rich country through resources and geographical position. These riches have been mismanaged and the "spoils" have never had the opportunity to "trickle down" to the common man creating a vast class of people enmeshed in poverty and discontent -- the seeds of Mexibollah's existence, no doubt.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
Lets say Mexbollah (as an example) started launching rocket attacks into the U.S

What would be the outcome in this situation?

The reason I ask is ALOT of people are against Israels current actions. But if the tables where turned and it was U.S territory being hit with rockets, would your views change?

Depends on why America started bombing Mexico and whether they were involved in gross violation of human rights and UN resolutions in the Baja Strip

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We've alread had a similar situation. Pancho Villa was the leader of a murderous mexican criminal gang that would raid villages and towns in the Southern US, and then retreat into Mexico. The US sent Blackjack Pershing with a commando army to invade mexico and take care of Villa's cabal.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What I expect the government to do, and what I expect of the government to do, are two different things. But they have the same answer, immediate retaliation with a quick cease fire. Once country [insert country name] realized who they were launching missiles at, the table turns for them.

I suppose most people here, judging by the Israel threads, would expect the US to convene with the UN and reach a general agreement that both sides much acknowledge each other existence before a preliminary peace brunch can be scheduled to decide on locations to select committe members to sit on the pre-peace humanitarian rights panel. Then after this has been completely, maybe most people would expect the US to speak before the UN General Council to ask for appropriations to speak to all the members of the UN regarding [insert country name]'s refusal to not only acknowledge their exitence but their refusal to stop the missile attacks, which at this point has been happening for 15 straight years, due to an inconfidence vote by the ethics committe to promote a member and representative to speak in front of the UN General Assembly to petition a case for motion to form a strategic humanitarian review committee...etc, etc,...

Besides, if Mexico did fire at the United States, we know how to shoot down our missiles from the 1970's.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nogirt
What I expect the government to do, and what I expect of the government to do, are two different things.

ummmm...ok, if you say so.

I think benevolent tyrant pretty much summed it up.

BTW...If such a scenario did happen....There would never be a UN cease fire.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
mexico has rockets?

it'd give the minute men something to do haha.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
yea...mexico would definately be the first new addition to the american union. it would surely be a suicidal move

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I agree Devolution,

the american Army is far superior to the mexicans and their crazy hats

the war would be over quickly

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i think it would be more likely to see a false flag launch from cuba, with connecting dots in iran & venezuela.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hell forget "mexbollah" I say we do it just for the fun of it. I want to see how quick we could take over and destroy the mexican military (that's funny to say..mexican military)..to make it more fun..I suggest we send the New York Police Department instead of our military. I bet even they could take out mexico's military..it'd be hilarious..

but anyway..on topic..if that happened..i would expect and would WANT a fierce annihilating strike on mexico..i dont care who is in the area..just bomb it all..nuke em..i dont care..we'll take out two problems in one..illegal immigrants and terrorism..lets do it

new topics

top topics

join