It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King Offers Lebanon $1.5 Billion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The King of Saudi Arabia has offered Lebanon a $1.5 billion aid offer.

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has promised to give $500m to Lebanon to pay for reconstruction.

He also approved $1bn for the Central Bank of Lebanon to support the economy.

The Saudi monarch warned that Israel's military offensives in Lebanon and Gaza could ignite a war in the region.

BBC News: Saudi king offers Lebanon $1.5bn

I may not like the man and the company he keeps but that is a very generous offer.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Also the King of Saudi Arabia has clearly stated that if Israel's arrogance prevents a peace settlement or cease-fire that there is no other option but War.

"Saudi Arabia warns everybody that if the peace option fails because of Israeli arrogance, there will be no other option but war," he was quoted as saying by state media.

From the same source

Egads, that is some serious talk. Saudi Arabia's comments are more than likely shared by Egypt. Two close US allies threatening out right war on Israel should peace talks fail due to Israeli arrogance? Uh-oh

Could this be the only way the United States government can squeeze Israel without the AIPAC goons ravaging Congress?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
King Abdullah should give an ultimatum that unless all hostilities cease and negotiations start within a given time, Saudi Arabia will begin to turn off the oil supply

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Same BS tripe again and again!!!!!!!!!

Why
Doesn’t the king of Saudi Arabia say than unless Hezbollah stops-nah-let’s not stop the murdering terrorists-he will declare war on Israel (so typically ignorant)

Saudi Arabia does not exactly have the "military might to do anything". If they directly support the murdering terrorists-they should get their country to look like Lebanon

When will someone-ANYONE have the balls to say-Hezbollah-stop or we will join Israel and wipe all of you out in 1 week-nah-everyone wants to support murdering terrorists.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Saudi Arabia does not exactly have the "military might to do anything". If they directly support the murdering terrorists-they should get their country to look like Lebanon

Saudi Arabia have 100's of modern fighter aircraft, f15's in both the c and strike eagle variant , and tornados , as well as a variety of modern naval vessels , whether they could be bought to bear against Israel or not is a another kettle of fish.

Egypt has a huge army with hundreds of american tanks , and dozens of f16 fighters , they should not be under estimated , despite what happend in the 6 day war.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Isn't it great ?????

This is the first time I ever heard that saudi offering money where something is gone wrong.

I never heard any middle east country & CHINA coming forward and helping out where disaster struck. I am not against muslim countries but all muslims counrties will help only when other muslim country is in trouble. else they don't care.

CHINA on other hand don't care at all about what happens in world as they don't care to help anyone.

Originally posted by subz
The King of Saudi Arabia has offered Lebanon a $1.5 billion aid offer.

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has promised to give $500m to Lebanon to pay for reconstruction.

The Saudi monarch warned that Israel's military offensives in Lebanon and Gaza could ignite a war in the region.

BBC News: Saudi king offers Lebanon $1.5bn

I may not like the man and the company he keeps but that is a very generous offer.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by netscape
I never heard any middle east country & CHINA coming forward and helping out where disaster struck. I am not against muslim countries but all muslims counrties will help only when other muslim country is in trouble. else they don't care.

Is that so? What about the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami and its aftermath?

You can see from Wikipedia that China and muslim countries did contribute to the relief effort. Even North Korea did.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
my bad I missed out of that. I am sorry abt that.

but Indonesia is muslim country. this might be the one of the case.

Originally posted by Count

Is that so? What about the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami and its aftermath?

You can see from Wikipedia that China and muslim countries did contribute to the relief effort. Even North Korea did.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

500m for the infrastructure
1b for the banking system
...the King has been Americanized as that formula suggests...
lets see if he hires Halliburton to do the repairs in Lebanon.

I think the 1b is in those fiat petro-dollars that Saudi is crammed full with...
no big strain on them, but it looks good in the PR sphere.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

my bad I missed out of that. I am sorry abt that.

but Indonesia is muslim country. this might be the one of the case.

As I recall, the largest donors in $ were Muslim countries to Katrina disaster

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
why didn't he spread that money out to his own poor people? the powerful arabs want to support their own ideologies before their common people. it's sad, but just the way the world is now today. not just arabs, but with the americans as well...

new topics

top topics

join