It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel "Ignored" UN Troops Pleas To Stop Firing So Close To Them

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie

I was speaking to what was shown on Al Jazera, not what Hez does. Just pointing out that it is a succsesful tool in the ME. I will say that I can have more than one enemy, understand their differences, yet put them in the same bag in the end.

Therein lies your problem. The PR machine prevails, no one thinks, innocents die and we're all OK with it because someone somewhere around the world did something. That's not only flawed logic, it's sad. :shk:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
marg is absolutely right.

It has become increasingly clear to me that there is absolutely no point in discussing these things with Israel's apologists. Israel could bomb downtown Detroit, and they would find some sly way to defend it, like an army of drones repeating the same talking points ad nauseum. ("After all there are a lot of Arabs in Detroit you see, Israel had to defend itself against the subhuman Arab menace", blah blah blah...)

As I said a week ago, you would have more luck talking to a rock, or a potato.

One can only hope it comes to open civil war here, so I can get some target practice instead of wasting my breath trying to reprogram an army of talk radio-controlled robots. People who think there is no other solution than force and violence need to face some force and violence of their own, and see how they like it.

[edit on 7/27/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
OK. Fine. Here is an example of UN hypocrisy:

A United Nations observer was seriously wounded in southern Lebanon by Hezbollah fire, a UN spokesman said Sunday.

"One unarmed observer in Lebanon was seriously wounded by small arms fire in the UN position in Maroun al-Ras. He has been evacuated to the nearest hospital in Israel," UNIFIL spokesman Milos Strugar said in a statement.

Strugar added that the observer seems to have been wounded during clashes between Hezbollah and Israel Defense Forces troops.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.haaretz.com...

Where is the outrage? Where are the resolutions?

Members of the Hezbollah terrorist group attacked three United Nations observers and two U-N peacekeepers in southern Lebanon. The observers -- from Ireland, Norway, and France -- were assaulted with rifle butts. A separate U-N peacekeeping patrol came to their defense.

U-N Secretary General Kofi Annan and U-N Security Council President Sergey Lavrov of Russia condemned the Hezbollah attack. Mr. Annan said the increasing violence along the Israeli-Lebanese border could have "serious consequences for peace and security in the region." Attacks on Israeli civilians and on unarmed international observers are particularly reprehensible.

Hezbollah is one of the terrorist groups identified as a particular threat to the United States. Hezbollah receives aid from Iran and Syria, including training, weapons, and political support. The organization is known or suspected to have been involved in numerous terrorist attacks directed at U.S. interests. These include the suicide truck bombings of the U.S. embassy and the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut in 1983, which killed more than three-hundred people. Hezbollah was responsible for the kidnapping of Americans and other Westerners in Lebanon. The group also attacked the Israeli embassy in Argentina in 1992.

In recent weeks, Hezbollah has repeatedly shelled Israeli civilians and military targets in Israel and on the Golan Heights. These attacks violate the U-N’s Blue Line, which was delineated after the Israeli withdrawal from southern Lebanon. Hezbollah has been reinforcing its fighters near the border and stepping up its attacks. There is a real risk of escalating conflict. That is why U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell traveled to Beirut and Damascus on April 15th -- to convey the message that restraint is essential.

U-N Secretary General Annan condemned the attacks by Hezbollah. "There seem to be efforts coming from Lebanese territory to deliberately create instability along the [U-N boundary]," he said. "It needs to be made clear to Hezbollah and others who may be involved that attacks across [this border]. . .are violations of [U-N] Security Council resolutions and are not acceptable." As Secretary of State Powell said, "It is critical for those who support peace to act immediately to stop attacks across the [Israeli-Lebanese] border."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.ibb.gov...

That was 2002! And what does Kofi say? "There seem to be efforts coming from Lebanese territory to deliberately create instability along the [U-N boundary]," he said. "It needs to be made clear to Hezbollah and others who may be involved that attacks across [this border]. . .are violations of [U-N] Security Council resolutions and are not acceptable."

Four freakin' years! Well, this is the end result. The UN had no problem blaming Hez, as long as nobody did anything about it! Well here you go. The resolution is imminent, and the UN at best has been a stumbling block. At worst...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

One can only hope it comes to open civil war here, so I can get some target practice instead of wasting my breath trying to reprogram an army of talk radio-controlled robots. People who think there is no other solution than force and violence need to face some force and violence of their own, and see how they like it.

[edit on 7/27/06 by xmotex]

You really have no idea who the posters are that you are referring to. So please save the generalizations and veiled threats for someone that you can talk to in person.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
hogtie, that is really one side of the story.

Double standards with Israel and the U.N.

There is shows the amount of crimes Israel has commited, and the amount of in-action from the U.N.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Therein lies your problem. The PR machine prevails, no one thinks, innocents die and we're all OK with it because someone somewhere around the world did something. That's not only flawed logic, it's sad. :shk:

Innocents were dying before this. They've tried doing nothing, and it just ain't workin'. The difference is, the hand-sitters are all out of ideas.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
And you've still not responded to my post hogtie. Convenience?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I was speaking to what was shown on Al Jazera, not what Hez does. Just pointing out that it is a succsesful tool in the ME. I will say that I can have more than one enemy, understand their differences, yet put them in the same bag in the end.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
hogtie, that is really one side of the story.

Double standards with Israel and the U.N.

There is shows the amount of crimes Israel has commited, and the amount of in-action from the U.N.

You're right. It does show that Israel has participated in the violence prior to this. I concede that, and I don't think anyone will dispute that Israel has participated. But I wll say that it only backs up my thought that the UN is useless.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

[You're right. It does show that Israel has participated in the violence prior to this. I concede that, and I don't think anyone will dispute that Israel has participated. But I wll say that it only backs up my thought that the UN is useless.

Have participated? Check this Source i provided in the other thread showing the number of resolutions agaisnt Palestine is 0 and the number of resolutions agaisnt Israel is atleast 65.
They didnt participate but incited the violence for along time.

Also the U.N. may be useless in situations of war crimes etc, but that does not justify the killing of four U.N. soliders.

[edit on 073131p://upThursday by wang]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I can't help it that you think when I say enemy that you think I mean civilians, instead of Abu Sayyaf, ETA, Islamic Jihad, Hez, Ham, Al Q, IRA, and FARC. Of course innocents die, and who's glad about it? The sad truth is that disputes with this much divisiveness do not get settled peacefully. The perverse horror is that at no time in history has war actually been less costly to the civilian population, little comfort that is to the suffering. But that is the way the world turns, and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it except run for office or own an oil company. Nobody chooses politics that is not ambitions, and no ambitious person has ever been harmless.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Have participated? Check this Source i provided in the other thread showing the number of resolutions agaisnt Palestine is 0 and the number of resolutions agaisnt Israel is atleast 65.
They didnt participate but incited the violence for along time.

Also the U.N. may be useless in situations of war crimes etc, but that does not justify the killing of four U.N. soliders.

I said participated, and that's as far as I go. I think my stance on this throughout the entire thread has been pretty clear. The UN is biased.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I can't help it that you think when I say enemy that you think I mean civilians, instead of Abu Sayyaf, ETA, Islamic Jihad, Hez, Ham, Al Q, IRA, and FARC. Of course innocents die, and who's glad about it?

Im horrified to say this but their are plenty of people happy that innocents are dieing, extremist zionists are happy, any white-surpremecy group is happy, and then your local neighbourhood racist if happy.
Dont underestimate racism.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I can't help it that you think when I say enemy that you think I mean civilians, instead of Abu Sayyaf, ETA, Islamic Jihad, Hez, Ham, Al Q, IRA, and FARC. Of course innocents die, and who's glad about it?

Im horrified to say this but their are plenty of people happy that innocents are dieing, extremist zionists are happy, any white-surpremecy group is happy, and then your local neighbourhood racist if happy.
Dont underestimate racism.

You left out Islamic fundamentalist. Why was that?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You left out Islamic fundamentalist. Why was that?

I assumed we were talking about innocents in lebanon thats all, but yes your 100 percent right islamic fundamentalist are happy when Isralei innocents are killed.

I am in no way pro-islam, or pro-zionists. Im agaisnt any extremist views.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I can't help it that you think when I say enemy that you think I mean civilians, instead of Abu Sayyaf, ETA, Islamic Jihad, Hez, Ham, Al Q, IRA, and FARC.

I didn't say this, you did. Are you standing by it? Are you bunching ALL muslim groups together?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I didn't say this, you did. Are you standing by it? Are you bunching ALL muslim groups together?

*sigh* They are not all Muslim groups. And they are not the same. But once they are considered a threat, the result is the same. So yes, I am standing by it; whatever it is that you think I said. I'm not sure anymore.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You really have no idea who the posters are that you are referring to. So please save the generalizations and veiled threats for someone that you can talk to in person.

Same here, buddy.

In the words of a famous idiot, "bring it on"

However, it wasn't intended as a threat, simply a statement of fact.

Push people far enough, and they'll push back, shockingly enough.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

*sigh* They are not all Muslim groups. And they are not the same. But once they are considered a threat, the result is the same. So yes, I am standing by it; whatever it is that you think I said. I'm not sure anymore.

BTW, this thread didn't magically disappear either. You words are here.

Propaganda is a BAD thing. Renounce it.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Same here, buddy.

In the words of a famous idiot, "bring it on"

However, it wasn't intended as a threat, simply a statement of fact.

Push people far enough, and they'll push back, shockingly enough.

Ok, ok. Peace?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join