It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I entered a comp. on About.com called the 2006 Photo Hoax Contest. I didn't think i would do well at all due to the fact that it would have been the first time i used photo-shop to do anything complicated or of this type. What a shock i got this morning when i checked, only to find i had come 5th out of thousands
Some of these peoples work was amazing.

I am really happy and proud now as i didn't think it was that good of a job that i had done.

Here is the pic i entered:

It was made up of a school hallway pic and a model out of a clothing catalogue, with lots of filters and effects.

If you would like to see the picture on About.com use the link below. They have put the top 65 up and I'm 5th

2006 Hoax Picture Results

Well i just thought i would share my good news, unfortunately i didn't finish high enough to win a prize but 5th out of 1000's isn't too shabby.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Congratulations PW, good skills man.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That's really cool, Pickle. Well done!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
congrats man. 5th out of thousands, eh? i'd be interested to see who came in first! you did a mighty fine job on that one.

*edit* - damn! beating this one would have taken something absolutely spectacular!

[edit on 26-7-2006 by 25cents]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The winner was a person called Takeshi Yamada who did some amazing work.

Here is the winning one, a really good job if you ask me:

Winner

Thanks all for your kind comments

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Pickle...

wow!

Great job man.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Congrats PW! That's quite the achievement! I would've bumped you up AT LEAST one place, cause the human-face-fly isn't that good. Yours is better.

Dae

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
But you should have [finished post 3 hours later due to friend popping by...] at least got 4th, 'cos that bug sucked!

Congrats Pickles!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies.

I have just found out that fourtean times wants to use the picture in there magazine, the article is on hoax photos.

Dae

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
I have just found out that fourtean times wants to use the picture in there magazine, the article is on hoax photos.

ohmigawd ohmigawd! Thats just awsome!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yes Pickles, congratulations on your good work there!
Where did you actually put her legs?

'well done''

helen

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Cool picture Pickles. And congrtaulations!! You would have a bright future in animation if you chose that field I would say.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thank you very much Kelter.

I am hoping to go to collage in September to learn how to do this properly and build websites. Something i have wanted to do for a while.

At the moment i do them for fun along with Avatars for ATS members, but it would be nice to do it for a living.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Gosh Well Done You!!!!!!!!!!!

That Reminds Me I Need Your Help With Photo Shop I Shall Talk To You On Msn!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Good job there, pickle!

With your obvious talents, I'm surprised that you have'nt submitted any entries in our Photo Edit Contest here on ATS.

And hey, thats great news about Fortean Times!

new topics

top topics

join