It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals in Haifa zoo in danger...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Buba the bear is not well. She has been locked inside for most of the past nine days and the effects are beginning to show. "She has developed an abscess on her leg and I am worried about her," said Dr Etty Ararat, the director of Haifa Zoo.

Like all the mammals at the zoo, Buba, an eight-year-old Brown Syrian bear, has been confined to her concrete sleeping quarters for her own safety as the city is bombarded by missiles from Lebanon.

"The bears are not stressed by the air raid sirens but they don't understand why they have to be inside all the time," said Dr Ararat.

The staff at the zoo cannot take any chances. Sirens sound repeatedly throughout the day and where rockets have landed the effects have been devastating.

The animals are let out under supervision for short periods, but when the alarms sound they are hurriedly ushered back in.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel has the right to defend itself against Hezbollah and their supporters, but if they take it as far as bombing a zoo than my support of Israel would go down the drain in an instant. Animals are 100% innocent in this matter. Though at this point it seems Israel hasn't hit the zoo, and they better not.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hmmmmm.....dont get me wrong being a proud animal lover, but women and childen are dying all around, Buba the bear is going to have to take a back seat sorry.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
People aren't innocent

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Israel has the right to defend itself against Hezbollah and their supporters, but if they take it as far as bombing a zoo than my support of Israel would go down the drain in an instant. Animals are 100% innocent in this matter. Though at this point it seems Israel hasn't hit the zoo, and they better not.

well...I dont think Israel is going to hit the Haifa Zoo cos Haifa is in ISRAEL!

lol

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
um, the missles are coming from lebannon. it would appear that hezbollah is the one endangering animals to my eyes.

furthermore, i agree that women and childrens lives come before that of animals. i understand that the animals are completely innocent, but i'd much rather my pet died than a family member.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Like I said I already support Israel, but that zoo should be spared!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
um, the missles are coming from lebannon. it would appear that hezbollah is the one endangering animals to my eyes.

Though at this point it seems Israel hasn't hit the zoo, and they better not.

wow...the first statement have been a typo then, eh?

[edit on 26-7-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
maybe i should start reading the full articles, huh?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would have thought the zoo would have been bombed by israel even tho it IS in Haifa...there are hezbollah GORILLAS hiding behind innocent animals don'cha know!

CX

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Can't we send those idiots from the Animal Liberation Front that usualy do more harm than good into Israel to get these animals.

Now that would be a target i'd support!

CX.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Can't we send those idiots from the Animal Liberation Front that usualy do more harm than good into Israel to get these animals.

Now that would be a target i'd support!
CX.

Now that is a really intelligent response isn't it!!!!!! Seriously, this isn't funny and if you can't say something sensible why make a comment at all. People (and yes) animals are dying please show some respect for both.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I fail to see the point of locking animals up. If rockets are falling from lebanon, the animals may well be killed inside as out!
That said I feel for them too, many must be disturbed by it.
Lets hope they survive ok. Cant imagine too many israelis are visiting the zoo at the moment.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The animals have been locked into their night cages at the Haifa Zoo for a reason. If, by some unfortunate chance, the fences are damaged by a Hezb'allah missile attack, the possiblity exists that one of these wild animals could escape.

It's one thing for a monkey or some such other, relatively harmless, creature to escape and run free in the Israeli city of Haifa but it's another story altogether when a creature like a leopard or a lion to be on the loose. It's tragic enough that people and children are endangered by the missile barrages but the animals are sequestered to prevent additional tragedy. Typically, if a wild animal attacks and kills a child or adult, it is put down. The enforced encagement is to help prevent this sort of thing from happening and, frankly it is a rational thing to do.

Please note, I'm not entering any opinion on keeping animals in zoos. That is not the topic of this thread and is, most likely, a worthy topic for discussion elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well that makes sense, but still, if their compound is damaged in the night by rockets, they may still escape.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

?????? You do know Haifa is in Israel right?!!

No offence to animal lovers out there everywhere, but isn't any HUMAN suffering that is occurring over there take precedence over animals. I know .... I'm human-centric.
EDIT: guess I should read the whole thread before restating things again. LOL

People aren't innocent

So there are not bystanders involved in this at all?

[edit on 26-7-2006 by pavil]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hezbollah is terrorizing the animals now? Shame on them! How low can they go? I hope Israel does away with them, and no, I don't feel pity for dead terrorists!!!!!! Bless Israel and their zoo.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I wonder if Lebanon has a zoo? Are lebanese animals as important as israeli animals?

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Torn]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
torn, that depends on wether they're kosjer or not, i guess...

Anyway, why this outcry? forgot that thousands and thousands of animals are killed constantly for our breakfast/lunch/diner/shoes/whatever?

Oh yeah, the ones in the zoo are much furrier and cuter...

mr J

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Good point Jones, however it might also be considered that some may be highly endangered species. Well noted.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
People aren't innocent

Children Are Innocent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join