It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Five Myths of The Israeli-Lebanon War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This article bangs the head of the nail just perfectly. He is saying basically what I have been trying to say but much more eloquently. He was on a Radio program with a "Semite Supremacist" who basically goes on about how arabs are trying to exterminate Israel. I guess he attempted to make excuses much like the Israelis or pro-israeli camp have here on ATS that Israel is more justified in what it does and is always right. The story about the reasoning behind this war has changed very much like the reasons given for US invasion of Iraq. The reasons change as though we are all mindless fools who forget what we were told just days before.

Horowitz’s response to every question, every development in the Middle East, whether it concerns Lebanon, the Palestinians, Syria, or Iran, is the same: “They want to drive the Jews into the sea." It’s as simple as that. Not even a superficial attempt at analysis; just the message that the Arab world is trying to finish off the genocide started by Europe. And if Laura is any yardstick, a lot of Americans buy that stuff.

Horowitz is keen to bang the square peg of the Lebanon story into the round hole of his claims that the “Jews” are facing an imminent genocide in the Middle East. And to help him, he and the massed ranks of US apologists for Israel -- regulars, I suspect, of shows like Laura’s -- are promoting at least four myths regarding Hezbollah’s current rockets strikes on Israel. Unless they are challenged at every turn, the danger is that they will win the ground war against common sense in the US

The first myth is that Israel was forced to pound Lebanon with its military hardware because Hezbollah began “raining down” rockets on the Galilee. Anyone with a short memory can probably recall that was not the first justification we were offered: that had to do with the two soldiers captured by Hezbollah on a border post on July 12.

Five Myths That Sanction Israel's War Crimes

Mod Edit: Reduced Excessive External Quote.

[edit on 26/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So, why do you think THIS time was the time for Israel to go with in with guns a blazing?

I still rmember clearly, the reports, of the first back and forth between the two sides.
I expected, as a lot of others may have too, esp. Hezbollah, that there would be a minor
tit-for-tat exchange..Just like always.

But now..We here reports from both sides, that each was stockpiling, and making ready, for a bigger battle. Which, now we know, is what happened.

What pulled the Bigger Trigger?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
What pulled the Bigger Trigger?

Actually I think is just the prelude to a much bigger thing to come.
I've been saying since last week that we shouldn't be surprised to see a massive set up Syrian, or Iranian [''terrorist''] attack on Israeli ground or on the US navy in the coming weeks or months. For me that's the sole reason for the attack on Lebanon.

Just an attack from Syria or Iran without any acceptable and explicable reason wouldn't be bought by the general press and public. Lets take Afghanistan, almost everyone living in Western countries agreed an attack was required to prevent ''our'' world against terrorism. Then Iraq came, which caused a lot more opposition.

Such an attack would boost the morale of the average Joe and thus, the support for another attack on Iran, not only supported and executed by the US and Israeli's, but also by many other countries.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't understand this, so if these arab countries aren't trying to destroy Israel than why do they continue to support the concept? Seems like you're just going around the corners of the argument. Hezbollah should have expected consquences for what they did, but I suppose it wasn't well thought out on their part. I see nothing wrong with what Israel is doing, they are securing the safety of their citizens and country.
And I see nothing there that contradicts this -jewish supremacist- about arabs wanting to -drive the jews out to sea-, they've tried it before and failed, what makes you think they aren't still trying?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I see nothing wrong with what Israel is doing, they are securing the safety of their citizens and country.

While I agree Israel should be allowed to rightfully defend its state, this self defense is out of proportion. There's no such a thing as self defense by bombing hell out of entire Lebanon, by using phosphor and cluster bombs in urban areas, and finally to get back your abducted soldiers.

Last month two US soldiers got abducted near an outpost in Iraq, one had been killed in the brutal attack committed by an Al Qaeda linked organization. The US and Iraqi forces are desperately looking for the two missing soldiers, but have they been bombing the hell out of each and every settlement where those terrorist might have been hiding? No. And I repeat it once again, the press and world wouldn't accept such an approach, while Israel is allowed to do so.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
So, why do you think THIS time was the time for Israel to go with in with guns a blazing?

I don't know. Maybe like the Palestinians they will get rid of them slowly, in little bits at a time? In lebanon they will take little bits at a time, 10KM here 20Km there, water, in Gaza it will be Gas and their ports along with the income, maybe a lot of it has to do with this proposed Oil pipeline they want to do? They are locked in between hostile countries..how do they get pipelines across them if they are no peaceful? You don't need their permission if you take it and its now yours. Tourism in Lebanon is excellent, why not get rid of the competition for a while, "Visit our beaches instead!", our hotels are in one piece. Why do your banking in Lebanon when you can come to Tel-Aviv? It could be a myriad of things.

Think about it. They thought they would have minimal backlash with Anti-muslim attitude so high in USA and amongst their supporters the Evangelical Christians. They didn't figure on the rest of the world saying anything as long as the USA backed them.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Israel is taking this approach in order to prevent Hezbollah from repeating their attacks. Israel is not targeting civilians but areas that Hezbollah is known to operate. Israel warned Lebanon civilians to avoid these areas, and it is unfortunate that some did not leave. However Lebanon's government should have realized that by never taking action against Hezbollah; retaliation against this organization would be met in their country and that is exactly what happened. Hezbollah should be taking responsbility for the destruction of Lebanon's infrastructure and lost life, not Israel.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Israel is taking this approach in order to prevent Hezbollah from repeating their attacks. Israel is not targeting civilians but areas that Hezbollah is known to operate. Israel warned Lebanon civilians to avoid these areas, and it is unfortunate that some did not leave.

ahaha Israelis complain when they have to hide in their bomb shelters. Israel is a good sport for telling people to leave their homes, food and all their belongings behind. How mighty generous of them.

new topics

top topics

join