It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stewart/Colbert in '08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
the daily show's john stewart is:

intelligent
informed
creative
charismatic
and has experience with public speaking

same applies with mister colbert

WHY shouldn't they run?

they have more than enough money to do so

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I assume they're both talk-show hosts, although I have to confess I haven't heard of either of them.

What are their "credentials" to be president (not that you seem to need them any more)? Do either of them want to run? Can they raise a lot of money? What are their views? What parties do they belong to?

I'd like to find out more.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

WHY shouldn't they run?

they have more than enough money to do so

they arent politicians first of all, they are hardly the most qualified for the job, all those things you listed are not exclusive to colbert and stewart, and a couple million dollars is hardly enough to run for president. and last, i really dont think they would want to. theyre comedians. and also, only about a million or so people watch the show everynight. thier following isnt that big. i love colbert and stewart but i would never vote for them. and i think thats how most people would feel too. good idea but totally unrealistic

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
here are the reasons that they will not Run for President:
1.They are FAKE news hosts.
2.Do you thkin that any party will nominate.
3.The world already thinks of this country as a joke.

But if they were to run I would vote for them for Steven Colbert, John Stewart is a Liberal.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Stewart and Colbert probably wouldn't even vote for themselves
We'd also lose two valuable television personalities that we need to keep us giggling. Plus, taping a comedic television show for millions of dollars a year is probably more tempting than going prematurely grey doing a ridiculously stressful job for a measly $400k!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Truthiness of your thread is clogging up my internet tubes.

While I am a huge fan of both the Daily Show and The Colbert Report I have to agree with the other posters on this thread that John Stewart and Steven Colbert would probably be the first to admit that they shouldn't run for office.

I'm pretty sure this thread was started in a light hearted fashion, but it is fake news, very funny fake news but fake news none the less.

As for Colbert, that guy is a dead perfect parody artist. If you took out the audience laughter on that show and ran it on fox news I doubt people would be able to tell he wasn't being sincere.

Good stuff but just comedians.

I personally don't trust any politicians on the left or the right. But I think a strong democratic ticket would be Edwards/Obama.

I think a good republican ticket would be Powell/McCain or McCain/Powell.

Though when I say good I should point out that I only mean it in the sense of giving the candidates a good chance of winning.

I personally don't trust anyone who thinks they're smart enough to run an entire country.

But hey somebody has to do it.

My ticket would be any two cast members from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". Now those are funny people.

All just my two cents.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Stewart is funny, but he doesn't check his sources. If it looks bad for people -
mostly bad for republicans - he runs with it. Some of his 'news' has been proven
false. Example - that fake note that Bush supposedly wrote to Dr. Rice asking
for permission to go to the bathroom during a meeting. The note was proven to
be fake .. it didn't even match his handwriting. It was photoshopped. However
Stewart ran with it, and even after it was proven to be false he never retracted it.

They are funny guys but just like many of the politicians (that's what they are
turning into) I wouldn't want them running the country.

Guiliani 2008 .. that's who I'm going with.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you want a comedian, how about Mencia??

or Jeff Foxworthy?

I think its time for a Mexican president- dont you?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good point, dgtempe!

Can I put you down as an Alberto Gonzalez supporter?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well given a choice between Ahnold Schwarzenegger and Stewart/Colbert

I'd have to go with Stewart/Colbert.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'd vote for them. For sure.

new topics

top topics

join