It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Targets and Kills U.N. Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN is reporting that Israel bombed a U.N. post and murdered 4 U.N. Observers. U.N. head says that attack was "apparently deliberate."

What is it going to take, an American being killed before Israel is stopped?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Kinda funny in a painfull way is something at the bottom of that article.

It says "Israel is opening Aid corridor".

Then you see that Israel is shooting at and blowing up Red Cross ambulances (1 group of over 20 that was comming from Sauidi Arabia as an announced aid package was attacked and 2 seperate ambulances from the Red Cross were blown up, resulting in several deaths) and now they are shooting at the UN posts and killing UN people.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingMongolBlueHat
www.cnn.com...

CNN is reporting that Israel bombed a U.N. post and murdered 4 U.N. Observers. U.N. head says that attack was "apparently deliberate."

What is it going to take, an American being killed before Israel is stopped?

100 Americans could die and the U.S. government would not do a damn thing to Israel.

Ever heard of the U.S.S. Liberty incident?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Do you have a source that says the UN called the attack deliberate?

It doesn't say anything to that effect in the article, does it? Did I just miss it?

The way the UN tells it, the IDF had been firing in the vicinity for days, and this attack landed directly on the post. Just because the attack landed directly on the UN Post is not, in itself, an indication that the attack was aimed at the post.

I think the IDF has nothing to gain by blowing up peace-keepers. I also think the IDF knows that.

If the UN plans on existing in various combat zones, though, they had better be prepared to take some fire.

That said, this was really unnecessary. I believe the primary responsibility rests with Israeli forces, after all, they're the ones lobbing explosives this way and that. They had better be damn sure they're aiming their weapons properly. The IDF bears responsibility for their actions, but I doubt there will be any restitution, any change in tactics, likely just another hollow apology.

How many Lebanese civilians dead already? Over 350?

Israel doesn't give a damn about them, and neither do the guerillas. Truth be told, what this world needs most is an alliance of the non-aligned, a massive body of individuals who are sick and tired of bearing the brunt of this nonsense.

These idiots want to blow each other up for the rest of eternity, fine, but leave us out of it. Go off to the desert and kill each other to your heart's content, but LEAVE US OUT OF IT. We just want to be left alone, the vast majority of us. We want food, and shelter, and safety, and to Hell with agendas and ideologies and political maneuvers and religious mandate.

Seriously, how many more innocent people have to get run down and destroyed by these war machines? We don't want these things, we don't support them (though we do tacitly, with our silence and our tax dollars), we don't benefit from them - we just bleed, and suffer, and die, so that a select few can profit and live comfortably.

Maybe I'm just in the wrong business..maybe I'd feel better about all this death and destruction if I was in the business of selling aluminum powder or shell casings or tiny electronic FC components at 3000% mark-up. Pfft....

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sorry already posted. Please add you comments to this thread: politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

join