It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400,000 Muslims in Texas Equal 400 potential Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The truth Shots is . . . that is not going to be any real problems with religious groups in Texas.

Then we most also think that this are not all Arabs like other member already pointed out but actually they are American-Muslin converts, I don't think they will be turning radicals and joining terrorist groups either.

Now one problem that may arise of the growing population is the one related to towns and cities, if the majority population is of certain race, or religious group they will influence the way laws and regulations pertaining to their way of life is handle.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Yes, I will still feel the same way: That statistically, the chances were slim and that Muslims are not the largest threat to my welfare.

Now if only you could convince the US administration of that.

Will you still feel the same way when there is no Muslim attack on the US tomorrow, but there are hundreds of fatal car wrecks?

The fatal car wrecks and the rest of life at daily risk are going to happen anyway. But we don't need a bunch of opportunistic extremists complicating the matter. Not here, not there, not anywhere.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Then we most also think that this are not all Arabs like other member already pointed out but actually they are American-Muslin converts, I don't think they will be turning radicals and joining terrorist groups either.

Now one problem that may arise of the growing population is the one related to towns and cities, if the majority population is of certain race, or religious group they will influence the way laws and regulations pertaining to their way of life is handle.

While I agree with you to a point I am more concerned about the very same issues as this Professor is regarding faith based schools that could certainly alter the way individuals think.

Christian schools are perfectly acceptable but other faith schools, especially Muslim ones, are a big mistake and should be scrapped if the Government wants to encourage a unifying British identity, according to the man reckoned by many to be the world's leading moral philosopher.

Commenting on the damage that he believes is being done by Muslim, Hindu and Sikh schools, set up because the Government wanted to give them parity with Christian institutions, Professor Amartya Sen said: "I am actually absolutely appalled."

Trying to curb Islamic terrorism in Britain by going through Muslim organisations and defining the identities of immigrants only on the basis of religion had been another serious error.

Telegraph.co.uk

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Granted in the above example they are talking about immigrants, but the very same could happen with converts under the right conditions.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I simply refuse to believe that others are dangerous just because they think differently than I do.

If I did that, I would have to live in fear, be consumed with suspicion and mistrust, become prejudiced, and start believing that I am superior to others. I would then become the extremist.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I simply refuse to believe that others are dangerous just because they think differently than I do.

Can you be serious?

If the acts of 9/11 and subsequent events haven't convinced you of how people react to those who believe differently, try reading this:

The Black Book of Communism

Don't forget this:

Holocaust

[edit on 2006/7/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The beauty is you won't know who the "jihadists" are until it's too late. And since America will not change it's policies, those people will patiently wait until they see an opportunity to make an impact.

How about instead of trying to figure out which one will become a "fanatic," you take away the reason they become fanatics in the first place. And that is your meddlesome policy and dictatorship propping.

How about if America stops supporting the Saudi's and let the people rise up and take them down? How about if America stops giving money to Israel and loading them up with weapons so they can arrogantly stumble around slaughtering anything and everything that looks at them the wrong way? How about if America just withdraws from the Mideast and pays for oil whatever the price the people there want to sell it for?

Never, you say?

Alright. Then prepare yourself for the next wave of attacks that will undoubtedly come.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by AbuMusaab]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well Abu, I suppose if we didn't have to hear and see all your beheadings, anguish over your disregard for human life, your treatment of women like animals basically, and presidents who publicly announce over and over that they want to wipe other countries off the map and lie like hell that the holocost was fake- I could almost see where you're coming from. Yup, this is PTS, let's rock.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbuMusaab
How about if America stops supporting the Saudi's and let the people rise up and take them down? How about if America stops giving money to Israel and loading them up with weapons so they can arrogantly stumble around slaughtering anything and everything that looks at them the wrong way? How about if America just withdraws from the Mideast and pays for oil whatever the price the people there want to sell it for?

I wish I could think of a better response, but really, I'm at a loss for words and that's rare. Trust me.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well Abu, I suppose if we didn't have to hear and see all your beheadings, anguish over your disregard for human life, your treatment of women like animals basically, and presidents who publicly announce over and over that they want to wipe other countries off the map and lie like hell that the holocost was fake- I could almost see where you're coming from. Yup, this is PTS, let's rock.

Let's.

The taped beheadings were a warning to the invaders. They did not heed it, and now they are to their necks in sand.

Women are not treated like animals in Islam. Quite the opposite. These links have verses and ahadith (The Prophet's (saws) Teachings and Sayings)
Women's Rights in the Qur'an
More on Women's Rights

The President of Iran, while I disagree with his denial of what happened to the Jews under the hand of the Nazi's, is well within sanity to ask for Israel to be removed. Israel doesn't belong there. The violence will never, ever, ever stop as long as Israel is sitting there, and occupying that land. Period.

I saved "disregard for human life" for last, because this one requires more than a quick answer.

Both sides are killing civilians, but the difference that you may mention is that while America killing of civilians is unintentional and collateral damage, the other side deliberately targets civilians.

I would disagree and make the following point:

When America targets a terrorist position and kills 100 civilians, those civilians were a sad casualty of the attack on the terrorists.

When the terrorists attack an American financial target, such as the WTO, those civilians are also a sad casualty of the attack on the American financial target.

And while we may deplore one side more and support the other, ask yourself this, which side is responsible for the loss of more innocent life?

AND if I may add, which one is more effective? It may just be perception, but I see it as the Islamic Resistance as a whole killing less innocent people in comparison to what I deem the "New Crusader Force" and having a much larger and more substantial impact.

America for example has racked up many civilian deaths, but to what effect?

[edit on 27-7-2006 by AbuMusaab]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Can you be serious?

Yes, I am completely serious. If I stereotyped all people based on the actions of a few it wouldn't be fair. How many of you, right here in this thread, would I have to start hating?

I don't condone the actions of the US government, I am not a Christian, and I think differently than many people in this thread. Does this mean I am dangerous?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Israel doesn't belong there. The violence will never, ever, ever stop as long as Israel is sitting there, and occupying that land. Period.

So be it, Abu. Peace is always an option, but if all you want is war, then war is what you shall have. America should never be misunderestimated.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't condone the actions of the US government, I am not a Christian, and I think differently than many people in this thread. Does this mean I am dangerous?

Maybe.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You know, the biggest problem with muslims, is that there government constists of chuch and state. That's the biggest problem in the middle east. There governments are run by church and state. Anyone knows that a successful government HAS to divide church from state to properly function. That is exactly why we have too many "extremists". They must divide the church from the state. It's unfortunate that the only way they can mentally survive is letting there religion supercede there politics. Major problem.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The taped beheadings were a warning to the invaders. They did not heed it, and now they are to their necks in sand.

A warning eh? If they can get close enough to an Amercian soldier, then by all means have at it- get yous a few more trophies. The point is Abu, we don't BEHEAD people. At least not after the guillotine was decommissioned. It's considered barbaric, inhuman, and flat out rude. Rude!
Instead we prefer to decapitate them with high powered machine guns, MOAB's and DU rounds. Easier clean up: no need, they are obliterated into small pieces.

And we have asked for numbers on how many extremists have died, but unfortunately there is no one left to give us a number. But this much we do know: there are thousands more Jihadis buried under that sand than American necks sticking out of it. Sorry bout dat.

Women are not treated like animals in Islam.

If you made me cover my body from head to toe in that heat, I most definately would be a terrorist. And if I couldn't go to school cause it was the law, then you betcha: I'd be a suicide bomber.

The President of Iran, while I disagree with his denial of what happened to the Jews under the hand of the Nazi's, is well within sanity to ask for Israel to be removed. Israel doesn't belong there. The violence will never, ever, ever stop as long as Israel is sitting there, and occupying that land. Period.

Removed is one thing, bud, WIPED OFF THE MAP is another. No dice. That's calling for genocide, and frankly the Islamic world is lucky they are not playing ball in Glass Park by now. You do know what happens to sand in a nuke explosion, yes?

When America targets a terrorist position and kills 100 civilians, those civilians were a sad casualty of the attack on the terrorists.

When the terrorists attack an American financial target, such as the WTO, those civilians are also a sad casualty of the attack on the American financial target.

If the Jihadis were dumb enough to assemble as an army in uniform and stay away from civilian targets to protect their families, I doubt there would be many civilian casualties at all. The american military is forced to kill civilians, just like Israel in Lebanon, BECAUSE THE COWARD ASS EXTREMISTS USE CIVILIANS AS SHIELDS, and hide amongst them. They have no respect for even their own family's lives! :shk: And to boot, they intentionally attack civilian targets to drum up the fear factor in the population. Sad, very very sad. The lowest form of life, below amoeba.

And while we may deplore one side more and support the other, ask yourself this, which side is responsible for the loss of more innocent life?

The loss of ONE innocent life is too many. Both sides can go to hell as far as I am concerned, and probably will. Take a good look at my signature, friend.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Israel doesn't belong there. The violence will never, ever, ever stop as long as Israel is sitting there, and occupying that land. Period.

What gives anyone the right to say who belongs where, we are all humans are we not? Also how can you say for sure they do not belong there? Keep in mind the Muslim faith did not exist while the Jews did in BC. Now with that said and knowing there is roughly 500 years if not more before Islam was born, what gives Islam or Muslim nations the right to dictate who belongs were?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
wellwhatnow

No, you are not dangerous or any more dangerous than me that understand your point.

You are just taking the chance to bring issue than many Americans do not want to heard or even know about it and never even lose some sleep thinking about possibilities, reasons and why the middle east is in such much trouble.

The muslins in America are majority American borns. Islam is becoming more important in America as its numbers grow, especially among Black Americans.

I don't think that I should be worry about any of these Americans after becoming muslins will support Hezbollah, Hamas or Al-qaida.

I don't believe that been muslin will make them turn agains the US or be the worst enemy of Israel.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
AbuMusaab, just let it all out. I am eating this up.

I'll give you something. Let's say that I agree with you about Saudi Arabia to a point. Oil sales helps to prop up the govt there, but remember it is the house of Saud there that is in charge of reforming or not. Not the US. Anyway, I'll go along with you on that. What happens if there is reform? More theocracy? Wahabi becomes mainstream? What will the excuse be then to continue the spread of Islam by the sword? See, what some of us see, and what others don't, is that this isn't about oil, land, freedom. None of that. It is about spreading the Word.

I'll tell you this much. What the middle east has seen up to now is a war based on politics. The US has not been pushed yet, not really. So rise up when the time is right. You have no understanding of the real culture of America. Not the America that lives outside of NY and LA, and not the indoctrinated at universities. If it is brought on the ground inside our borders, it will end in such fury as the Koran could have no words for. The cells will rise but once. And don't forget the conservative Christians. There you will have people fighting for their safety, way of life, and for their faith.

One thing the world has always missed about the US. We have a tremendous capacity for violence. What the world has seen up to this point has been civil and restrained. Force the US to take the gloves off, and Islam may but be a memory.

Tell me. What would Julaladin Rumi have to say about all of this? I think he would just laugh, and say that none of it mattered. You have missed the Message.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

So be it, Abu. Peace is always an option, but if all you want is war, then war is what you shall have. America should never be misunderestimated.

We are well aware of what America is capable of, and we, of course, do not "misunderestimate" her. Perhaps it is you, who should not underestimate us.

Originally posted by maximusX
You know, the biggest problem with muslims, is that there government constists of chuch and state. That's the biggest problem in the middle east. There governments are run by church and state. Anyone knows that a successful government HAS to divide church from state to properly function. That is exactly why we have too many "extremists". They must divide the church from the state. It's unfortunate that the only way they can mentally survive is letting there religion supercede there politics. Major problem.

Islam is the Code of Life. It cannot be separate.

Originally posted by shots

What gives anyone the right to say who belongs where, we are all humans are we not? Also how can you say for sure they do not belong there? Keep in mind the Muslim faith did not exist while the Jews did in BC. Now with that said and knowing there is roughly 500 years if not more before Islam was born, what gives Islam or Muslim nations the right to dictate who belongs were?

For the record, belief in God has existed since Adam. The land of Palestine has switched hands several times. If you consider coming and taking a land legitimate, and that the new owners of the land are now called the rightful owners of that land, then it can only be considered fair for someone else to try and take that land as well.

America took it's land from "Native Americans." Now they don't exist (except in extremely small numbers, and are appeased with money, gambling, and alcohol). If they had a sense of honor about them, they would be conducting guerilla operations against the occupiers until every last one of them has perished, instead of sinning themselves into oblivion.

Muslims will not go down like the Native Americans. Muslims cannot be defeated. We know death will catch us one way or another and the good among us fear not their meeting with the Creator. You on other hand fear death (your own, at least), and avoid it all costs.

If one finds victory in life, and in death, they cannot lose.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't believe that been muslin will make them turn agains the US or be the worst enemy of Israel.

Marg you might want to visit this site and read the links that are enbedded in this pargraph on the site. It clearly shows we already have American Muslim converts acting as terrorists and I am sure with some further research one could find many more similar instances.

In an article and blog just this past week, I reported on fifteen American Muslim converts who have either engaged in terrorism or been convicted of trying to do so. In a follow-up piece, I listed another fifteen American converts to Islam suspected, arrested, or indicted of terrorism. That's thirty converts. I have not counted the immigrant Muslims and their offspring implicated in terrorism, but here is some information that hints to their numbers:

Source

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Let me add one more thing.

Outside of the third world, there is a reason Muslims are kept in enclaves. It is to keep them blind to the real world, and under the influence of Mullahs and Sheiks who wish to corrupt their faith for the sake of their own power. This is the way of those who have ambition. Were there supposed to be more hijackers on September 11. I think there were. And why they did not show up is because they saw what freedom is. They saw ideas not spoon fed to them by religious leaders. They saw McDonalds and TV and the ability to make a life for themselves, outside of religious repression, yet able to follow their faith if they chose. So what poor captivated people who are in the US waiting to be unleashed, are only that way because you will not allow them outside the gates of the compound.

This is why you have tube bombings in the UK. Murders of film makers in the Netherlands. Riots in Paris. You are allowed to isolate the poor from the truth. And doing so, you isolate them from their own humanity. And you isolate them from Allah. So, follow your way, but know that the truly faithful are the ones who see all options, and choose their faith out of love, not desperation.

That is what you will never understand about America, and that is why you will never defeat her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join