It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phones work on planes!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not a big surprise to me.
I always thought that people could'nt use cells on phones so as not
to bother other passengers.

I don't think cells will be allowed for use on planes, atleast with current trechnology, really just because it's;
1. Really annoying to other passengers to listen to someone gabbing.
2. Quieter on a plane than in alot of places, and people wont want there conversations overheard.

Maybe when newer tech. cell phones come out where you dont have to talk, atleast where others can hear you, they'll be aceptable.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
but cell phones have allways worked here on flights. The arguement was initially that they affected flight systems - but talking to one of the major operators O2 here i found out that the principal concern was actually overloading the cell matrix. Put in easy terms if you use one of the new phones you activate the grid you are in - activate a phone in the air and you activate many grids and potentially this would through the network into a loop. Not sure this is the truth but just one thought given me by a senior network tech. As a matter of rule - BMI my airline of choice allow cellphone use until the doors are closed - and after the seatbelt sign is off on landing - though i have fallen asleep on a flight and left mine active and received texts and emails throughout a flight without incident.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
and if you dont allow usage - then why have skyphones in the back of seats in most major US airlines - that also smacks of use our tariff not your own (its 60% more expensive to use a sky phone than my cell)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Many hospitals have active jamming equipment now (and some military bases such as Ellsworth Air Force Base, SD...but don't ask me how I know that) so they block all cell phones from their network on entering the building.

It has nothing to do with pagers and everything to do with heart machines and other very sensative EEG type equipment that is affected by those freqs.

In a plane, there is no active jamming equipment. They just request you have them off.

I alway hear people saying planes fly too high as well. Not true. Analog is about 10 miles and digital is about 5 miles (hence they use more towers for coverage) for the signal. 30,000 feet is just over 5.5 miles.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My main suspicion is not whether cell phones can be used, it's what was suposedly said.

For example...

"Mom? This is Mark Brigham."

Do you say your full name when you call your mom?

Then there this...

"Wireless communications networks weren't designed for ground-to-air communication. Cellular experts privately admit that they're surprised the calls were able to be placed from the hijacked planes, and that they lasted as long as they did. They speculate that the only reason that the calls went through in the first place is that the aircraft were flying so close to the ground ( www.elliott.org...

Expert opinion within the wireless telecom industry casts serious doubt on "the findings" of the 9/11 Commission. According to Alexa Graf, a spokesman of AT&T, commenting in the immediate wake of the 9/11 attacks:

"it was almost a fluke that the [9/11] calls reached their destinations... From high altitudes, the call quality is not very good, and most callers will experience drops. Although calls are not reliable, callers can pick up and hold calls for a little while below a certain altitude" ( wirelessreview.com...)

globalresearch.ca...

But anyway, just because cell phones would work, doesn't mean the ones from flight 93 were real. There's more oddity than just whether they'd work or not.
Why were there no calls, other than one, on the other flights that day?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There were other calls from other flights. The stewardesses on flight 11 had called. And there was a call or two from 175.

The only phone call I find suspicous on 9/11 was Barbara Olsen's call.

The ones on flight 93 did not seem suspicous at all.

Mrs. Bingham said that it was in character for her son to introduce himself that way. as he tended to be of a professional mindset even when speaking to family.

Ive called my mother and used my full name before.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just goes to show" experts" can be wrong , at least those you cite.Surprise!.That or fluke is not rare in their dictionary!It seems that they really on mean that they were not designed to work that way.Lots of things work ,other than the way they were designed.Plenty of people seem to have used them or seen it happen!Those are facts.Not Speculation! As for Mark B.What you are thinking is sad.The mans last call to a loved one, and you think it is BS.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Duhh]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duhh
Just goes to show" experts" can be wrong , at least those you cite.

But you know that the "experts" you cite can never be wrong?

My favorite 9/11 call: "Mark Bingham": "You believe me, don't you?"

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The phones can work! I tend to look for real experts,not secret informants,or spokes people.Easier to judge facts.How dare you attack what Mark says.It was an emotional time with his mother.That is pathetic.You are no judge of how to handle those last moments.Back on topic.What do you think about cell phones on planes?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trash_Bag_Helmet
ive had people call me from airplanes, i was kind of shocked that it worked. i have always been under the assumption that cells dont work from planes. i saw a study someone did where they said there is only like a 2% chance a phone would connect if a call was placed in the air. ill try to find it somewhere

Duhh observed 2 cell phone calls while he was on the plane. If that study was telling the truth, it would be very unlikely that he would have observed what he did.

the probability of him observing those 2 cell phone calls is .02*.02=.0004
.0004 is 1 in 2500.

CELL PHONES WORK ON PLANES. THE STUDY IS A LIE, AND SO IS WHAT 911 RESEARCH HAS SAID ABOUT CELL PHONES.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duhh
The phones can work! I tend to look for real experts,not secret informants,or spokes people.Easier to judge facts.

Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about the researchers "on our side" in general, and not just on this issue. I have no issue with the statement that cell phones will work on planes.

How dare you attack what Mark says.It was an emotional time with his mother.That is pathetic.

Sue me.

I know I sure as hell wouldn't be asking my mom if she believed me if I was about to die on a plane. Whether or not she believed me would be the least of my worries -- she'd KNOW soon enough.

Psychology of lying: those who are telling the truth will expect others to believe them, especially when there is no reason to believe they are lying. Those who are lying tend not to make those assumptions.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
My main suspicion is not whether cell phones can be used, it's what was suposedly said.

For example...

"Mom? This is Mark Brigham."

Do you say your full name when you call your mom?

Then there this...

"Wireless communications networks weren't designed for ground-to-air communication. Cellular experts privately admit that they're surprised the calls were able to be placed from the hijacked planes, and that they lasted as long as they did. They speculate that the only reason that the calls went through in the first place is that the aircraft were flying so close to the ground ( www.elliott.org...

Expert opinion within the wireless telecom industry casts serious doubt on "the findings" of the 9/11 Commission. According to Alexa Graf, a spokesman of AT&T, commenting in the immediate wake of the 9/11 attacks:

"it was almost a fluke that the [9/11] calls reached their destinations... From high altitudes, the call quality is not very good, and most callers will experience drops. Although calls are not reliable, callers can pick up and hold calls for a little while below a certain altitude" ( wirelessreview.com...)

globalresearch.ca...

But anyway, just because cell phones would work, doesn't mean the ones from flight 93 were real. There's more oddity than just whether they'd work or not.
Why were there no calls, other than one, on the other flights that day?

Are you kidding yourself? If cell phones do work, then yes, theres a very high chance they worked on flight 93, and therefore a very high chance that the calls from flight 93 are real. You seem logically flawed in the head, I bet you would belive you have a better chance of winning the lottery than George w. bush actually being a real person.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bob2000
Are you kidding yourself? If cell phones do work, then yes, theres a very high chance they worked on flight 93, and therefore a very high chance that the calls from flight 93 are real. You seem logically flawed in the head, I bet you would belive you have a better chance of winning the lottery than George w. bush actually being a real person.

Flawed in the head? Because I suggested the calls could be faked?
Pls don't make assumptions about what I believe, you have no clue what I believe.

If you can't discuss the subject in a mature manner, then I will not waste my time answering your stupid questions.

You can tell it's summer break time huh? You are on ignore...

Yeah 'You do believe me don't you?'...

bsbray is right. Ask a cop...If a perp says 'I swear to God it's true', or ask if you 'believe me' 99% chance they're are lying.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Psychology= bunch of overpaid idiots sitting at a convention deciding on what they are going to bill their patients for, till the next convention.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So whats your point? And what does that have to do with cell phones?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ANOK was posting while I was typing my definition of psychology. Still thinks the calls were faked. ANOK, you do realize that at least TWO of the calls from Flight 93, were from last minute passengers. I.E. They didnt know they were going to be on Flight 93 that morning, at least until they got to the ticket counter. SO, you think the conspirators discovered the last minute passengers, found samples of their voices, found a way to replicate said voices enough to fool their relatives AND cloned their cell phones in two hours or so? If you believe that, I have a bridge I want to sell you.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
BsB,it's funny you didn't quote the last part of my statement.You know the part about you being no one to JUDGE how some one should behave.When they are about to die.I hope you never share the same nitemare, Mark must have been going through.If you do,I hope while terror is making you shat yourself,you remember to try,and not act strange.Because there are people giving a critics sermon about you behavior later.Second if the phonecalls were really made by this perfect voice morph,why are the MIB acting so out of it?Please have some respect for the dead.I know this is off topic ! Done Now.Back to regular program schedualNot just you ,but you brought it up! BsBy

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Duhh]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hey Bsbray introduced the "psychology of lying" into the thread. Not me, I only introduced the definition.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Im not supprised that they were able to use their cell phones, but i am supprised at the length of some of the calls. as i said before a plane travelling at 500 mph will pass within the range of one cell to another very quickly and would increase the rate of calls dropped by quite a few %. We have to remember that a cell, depending on its size, output and range can be anything from 5 miles to 10 miles for some of the bigger cells or nodes. That 5-10 miles isnt on a flat plane it will extend quite a ways up, maybe not to its maximum but quite high enough to get 1 or 2 signal bars on your average mobile, depending if its dual, tri or quad band. Also there are things like battery strength etc to factor in as well. But yes it is quite possible to use a mobile on an airplane.
I do agree that some of the calls were abit strange, i peronaly have never introduced myself to my mum by my first and second names on the phone.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
ANOK was posting while I was typing my definition of psychology. Still thinks the calls were faked. ANOK, you do realize that at least TWO of the calls from Flight 93, were from last minute passengers. I.E. They didnt know they were going to be on Flight 93 that morning, at least until they got to the ticket counter. SO, you think the conspirators discovered the last minute passengers, found samples of their voices, found a way to replicate said voices enough to fool their relatives AND cloned their cell phones in two hours or so? If you believe that, I have a bridge I want to sell you.

Yeah, another axample of the CT's screwy logic. THey actually beleive in coincidences more than they accuse the official beleivers of doing. On top of that, their logic is off, and they choose to beleive that improbable events are more likely then probable ones ie. they choose to beleive that that cell phone calls were fake even though it would be a miracle if a cell phone didnt work on a plane, lol.

We now know cell phones work. This could be considered new evidence supporting the inevitable: the conspiracy is a lie. When this evidence arrived, the probability of "cell phone calls being fake=true" just went down. given this information, we now know it is VERY UNLIKELY that the cell phone calls were fake, and now very likely that they were real.

CELL PHONES WORK-ANOTHER HOLE IN THE SWISS CHEESE CONSPIRACY THEORY.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by bob2000]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join