It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex in Outer Space

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by marg6043

Occurs it will be the very rich the first ones to do the deed.

Nah. They'll set up a mining colony on an asteroid, pay double oil rig wages - and let peons work out the messy details.

Without death benefits.

Lol. Sounds like something out of Star Wars...from the mines on Kessel.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
this thread brings to mind a semi related question....

We all know the first chance people get they're gonna hump like rabid monkeys in space.... But my question is does anyone have any guesses on when we'll see the first space "home movie" heh.

I mean you look at all the videos people will buy that'd be one helluva way to finance your vacation

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CalmStateOfMind

Originally posted by soficrow
.. They'll set up a mining colony on an asteroid, pay double oil rig wages - and let peons work out the messy details.

Without death benefits.

Lol. Sounds like something out of Star Wars...from the mines on Kessel.

I was thinking of an old Sean Connery movie.

...Can't remember the name tho.

apc

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think that was Outland. Where someone loses pressure in their suit and his head splits open. But I don't recall any sex scenes to compare. There was a hooker though.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I think that was Outland. Where someone loses pressure in their suit and his head splits open. But I don't recall any sex scenes to compare. There was a hooker though.

You're right - "Outland" - the base had gravity and everyone took sex for granted.

But. IMO - industry is moving towards mining asteroids - and they will NOT spend $ to create gravity.

...So. No sex? Or what?

apc

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sex sure... but all female workers would probably be required to get the shot, or men would be required to be chemically castrated for the duration of their stay. In all reality the latter would likely have the fewest complications. The ratio of men to women would probably be heavy towards the men, so imagine a prison movie when a woman strolls down the cell block...

Now if couples were to be employed on the same rock, then the former route would probably be best. I just can't see any mining outpost making the required infrastructure expenses to support a pregnancy and especially not delivery. Way too dangerous... much safer to just keep it from happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join