It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this section of the board needs better moderation!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
to: Amuk, kinglizard, DontTreadOnMe, intrepid, WyrdeOne, junglejake, Amorymeltzer, sanctum, pineappleupsidedown, Hellmutt, AgentSmith, SpittinCobra, 12m8keall2c, the 3 amigos and anyone who is pissed of by the situation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

why is this thread still open, and why is the kid allowed to fool around in the ufo-section for the second time?

why is every noob allowed to post obvious hoaxes for the last 3 or 4 months?

are you even interested to keep hoaxers and jokers away from the ufo-section?

are you even interested in the serious investigation of the UFO-phenomenon?

why is it still alowed to discuss cases that were debunked as hoaxes(Titor, Billy Meier,...)?

Why is serpo an exception?

Why are topics allowed were people state that aliens are angels or demons, i dont want to read this crap here it clearly belongs to the religionforum?

i am sure(i know) that many people who are interested in the serious investigation and research of the ufo-phänomenon are very unhappy with the current way this boardsection is moderated.

please discuss and act.

Thx
Hoeon out.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by hoeon]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
[unnecessary quote of Entire previous post removed]

Another option would be for you to find another forum.

So what if people think aliens are demons/angels? I think that belongs in the alien forum... its ABOUT ALIENS!

If you don't like what someone posts, DON'T READ IT. Let the Mods do their jobs, they certainly have the werewithall to do it without your taddle-tailing.

[edit on 7/25/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Question:

How can you determine the difference between "obvious hoaxes" and legitimate sightings/encounters when every single post that has ever been on this site lacks the evidence to make headline news?

It is all speculation, no?

backtoreality out.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i dont discuss with people who find the use of nazi-imagery funny.

To all others: please read the thread i ve linked before you judge my post.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just based on the 'warns' I've received in this forum, I would have to say the moderation is just fine.

This is a monster site and the moderators can't be everywhere all the time. And frankly, I think they are willing to let some 'on the edge' kind of stuff slide just for the entertainment factor. IMO.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Let the Mods do their jobs, they certainly have the werewithall to do it without your taddle-tailing.

I agree with some of what you wrote, but disagree with the above statement. There's nothing wrong with pointing out something to the mods if you feel it's warranted. They can't be everywhere all the time. I would, however, suggest using u2u or the Complain button rather than creating a post about it.

hoeon- In this case, going to the mods isn't wrong, but I believe your method is incorrect.

And yes, I've seen the thread you're on about. No problem ignoring it.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon

Such a serious lad......

Anyway, back to your question, perhaps it would have been better to express your views regarding moderation of this forum by utilizing the "complain" feature above.

Further, as expressed by the admin many times, we don't call new members "noobs" 'round here....for obvious reasons.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I believe that thread has been moved to Below top secret. I understand there are a few people posting hoaxes, but that will happen with any discussion board.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
LOL....

Everyone must check out the link on the original post...just check out the pictures. That's freaking hillarious, man! I don't even know how you can complain; all other claims are just as outrageous, they are just given a thicker coat of mysticism in order to prevent 'definitive debunkability', if you will.

In the eyes of some, this is blasphemy--an outcast chipping away at the credibility of the 'true believers' on this site. To the rest (of the 290,000,000 Americans) this is one extreme to the wide and hillarious spectrum that is UFO believers.

[EDIT: s-s-s-spelling]

[edit on 25-7-2006 by backtoreality]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyesofbear
I believe that thread has been moved to Below top secret.

Good catch, it's now in "Jokes, Puns and Pranks".

sdp333- looks like we registered the same day, but I'd have to know what time before I called you a noob.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

When/where did I say that I find nazi-imagery funny?

Ah... my clever little avatar. Well... I certainly dont find Nazis or Nazi-imagery funny. It's called a political statement and yes, I suppose I (and others) might get a chuckle out if it but it's definately NOT funny that such a clear and obvious comparison can be made.

Not very nice to automatically dismiss someone because of their avatar. But you obviously don't seem to have the open-mindedness that many other ATS posters seem to have. Must be why you're against them posting. Damn 'noobs'. Speaking of noobs... you've only been here since January. Where do you get off calling other people 'noobs'?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

sdp333- looks like we registered the same day, but I'd have to know what time before I called you a noob.

awwww...you have more points than me. i'm slacking....

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
awwww...you have more points than me. i'm slacking....

Yes I glommed a slew during the Great Tagging Debacle of 2006.

Firebat, I don't think the OP's a Hogan's Heroes fan.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I totally agree with you Hoeon, `why` is really the question, the answer is simple,
The more discredit you give a thread, the more confusion sets in killing all intelligent discussions about the real issues at hand.
That keeps the UFO question at status quo.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A Moderate Proposal

i am sure(i know) that many people who are interested in the serious investigation and research of the ufo-phänomenon are very unhappy with the current way this boardsection is moderated.

I think this thread is evidence enough that at least one member isn't happy with the way the forum is moderated.

Serious research into Aliens & UFOs is, of course, commendable. Personally, I wish there was much more of that and much less of the hoaxes and silliness.

The problem is that sometimes what is dismissed by some as a hoax or silliness might actually turn out to be something important.

The moderators of this forum have a very difficult job.

On the one hand they will be criticized for not being more strict about what can be discussed here, while on the other hand if they are strict about it, they will be accused of “suppressing the truth”.

Ministry Of Truth

Who among us can honestly claim to know the truth about Aliens & UFOs? And who has the right to decide what members should or should not accept as truth?

Such decisions must be left to each individual member. We as staff must never dictate them.

Yes, hoaxes, jokes and silliness will find their way into this forum. When they are identified as such, we'll take appropriate action.

In this case -- in response to the complaint you submitted (which was how I first heard of any of this) -- we did, and invite any member who doesn't like something to likewise submit a complaint.

We review all complaints and act on them according to the T&C.

But I hope you can understand why there's a reluctance on the part of mods to reject threads simply because they don't match someone's idea of “serious”.

For my part, I would rather give a hearing to outrageous claims that later turn out to be false than turn away an “outrageous claim” that later turns out to be true.

If that's bad moderating, I'll take the hit.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i understand that it is not easy to decide what is allowed to discuss about and what not.

but my statements were not about what i or anyone sees as "serious" but what is already debunked or an obvious hoax.

like this:

ol´billy is my "favorite" hoaxer (i hate him with a passion), he was the real starter of the ufo-hoaxes, the one who really discredited and hurt the field, and it is still tolerated to discuss him here.

you people decided rightfully to stop discussion about the serpo-hoax why can the woos still fantasize about billy meier, because mulder used one of his pics as a poster in his room?

compare what meier did to ufology with for example somebody faking a religious miracle and getting caught. the religious members of the board would be very angry about such a scenario, and the hoaxer would be tarred and feathered.

i am still open for discussion about Whitley Strieber for example, i do not believe he was abducted, i believe he is shizoprenic or a lyer but i might be wrong, he was not debunked, so i keep an open mind.

to me the alien-ufo thing is kind of an alternative-religion(am i alone with this, dont think so?), i dont believe in a god but i believe in life on other planets and maybe some answers from these life(the answers to the big questions).

and last but not least the frequent angel-demons contribution, if somebody sees something and he thinks it is from hell or heaven what does it have to do with aliens or ufos?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by hoeon]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't discuss with people who find the over-use of vowels in their web-identities funny. But in your case, I'll make an exception.

to me the alien-ufo thing is kind of an alternative-religion(am i alone with this, dont think so?), i dont believe in a god but i believe in life on other planets and maybe some answers from these life(the answers to the big questions).

and last but not least the frequent angel-demons contribution, if somebody sees something and he thinks it is from hell or heaven what does it have to do with aliens or ufos?

As a poster/hoster of a skunkworks thread about angels, demons and UFO's, I can tell you that I have about as much respect for UFOlogy as you have for religion. You yourself note the obvious connection between fervently held belief systems (good job, by the way), yet you poop on anybody else's right to note the connection YOU YOURSELF noted in your last post!

Well, too bad for you that this is a marketplace of ideas; what has value here is whatever hoi polloi feel like discussing.

Not that you're interested, but I'm a fan of Charles Hoy Fort, the Original Gangster of inexplicable phenomena, and his assertion was that any theory tells us more about the speculator than it does about the phenomenon witnessed.

Surely you are familiar with Eric Von Danniken's "Chariots of the Gods"? which is a book about the connection, observed or actual, between supernatural legends and extra-terrestrials. Yet in your estimation, I shouldn't be posting about him. . . .

It's been said many times, many ways:

If you are so sure what doesn't belong here on ATS, then go start your own website, and exclude ALL OF US from it. We'll all be happy, then.

cheers.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It is a conspericy site and people are allow to post their thoughts and opinions-even if they differ from yours.

Even if something has been debunked to your satisfaction, it may not be to eveyone else. that might even be the conspiricy-it is real but false info says it is a lie

Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Less above replies and that of Majic, a moderator.. let's rock on. UFOs and EBEs are a difficult subject as what's important to write from one member may not be so important to another, I feel.

But I try to grip every little or big thought on the subject from the new UFO researcher to the older more intricated member. Just to see if I can learn something. Over the years it's been at times that one little thought that helped me get over a particular EBE/UFO riddle.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

... if somebody sees something and he thinks it is from hell or heaven what does it have to do with aliens or ufos?

It means that the person feels aliens are from heaven or hell, I guess.

Since this theory is getting a ton of play, you've had ample opportunity to develop a good debunk. Once you have clearly revealed your proof that aliens are not angelic or demonic, I'm sure the posts will stop.

I'm kind of a noob, but I think this forum is about speculation and debate.
...and you don't really seem to be in to either of those things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join