It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for a SuperMarket/Amusement Ride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This has been and idea of mine for a long time. It will probably never take off in every part of the globe, but here it goes:

Amusement ride/Supermarket

The premise is this: people generally don't like to go food shopping. This can be especially true for people with younger kids.

Why not then turn the store in to a feature ride complete with cars that have the capacity to carry groceries. The different aisles in the store can feature entertainment designed to sell the products in a more animated or multimedia way. The products themselves can be delivered to the shopper either by having the shopper stop the car, and loading the car him/herself OR have the shopper shop in advance at the front of the store at a kiosk, and have store personnel (even robots) help with putting the groceries in the cart.

The employees at the store can dress to the theme of the ride or the store theme.

This is pretty far out, but the more people come to expect things that are painless and less work, the more entertainment and multimedia is going to creep into everyday activities.

In order to pay for the additional of running the amusement park/grocery store, there could be an annual membership fee to shop there (like at a discount place like Sam's Club) or there could be a one time admission fee.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
While not as incorporated as your idea, go look at the St. Paul Mall of America in Minnesota. They have an indoor roller coaster and other things for the kiddies...so that way mum can get some shopping in and intertain the kids. Not the only giant mall to do this, either.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm hoping for something that offers food shopping for consumers either on an occasional or regular basis. I'd like to see the ride itself be fused with the activity of shopping for food. My thoughts were that if product branding was able to work on a subliminal or pervasive scale, why not go about it at the overt level as well. The only difference would be is you'd be offering the products (foods, groceries, etc.) while also offering an even more fun way of buying them.

I know my kids have grown out of the fun of the plain old shopping cart. To borrow from an East Coast chef, let's "Kick it up a notch!" The balance between novelty and utility would have to be met, of course. I'm trying to figure out how this would all play out, to honest.

join