It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The year 2038 problem(john titor)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I dont know where to post cuz the article that i am posting is a mix of current event and a future prediction.

If you have read john titor's claims that he has come from 2036 you will read something about 2038.I was searching john titor and accidently found it.
Well it seems that in 2038 on jan 19 all unix pc will have overflow problems
Here is the link
en.wikipedia.org...
www.deepsky.com...

n computing, the year 2038 problem may cause some computer software to fail in or about the year 2038. The problem affects programs that use the POSIX time representation, which represents time as the number of seconds (ignoring leap seconds) since January 1, 1970.

Times beyond this moment will "wrap around" and be represented internally as a negative number, and cause programs to fail, since they will see these times not as being in 2038 but rather in 1970 or 1901, depending on the implementation. Erroneous calculations and decisions may therefore result.

didn't john titor say somehing about 2038 about unix pc's having problems

Also in 2004 this mag hd an interview with the creator of the ibm 5110 and he was also suprised
www.postbulletin.com...

So what do you think.IS he real?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
We shouldnt worry as we are all going to die in 2012 anyway
as some threads on here would have us believe.

And even if we do survive we are all going to be spiritually enlightened supposedly so wont need computers and will instead revert back to the basics of good old telepathy

[edit on 25-7-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
as long as nothing new happens, why not take an old exposed hoax warm it up a lil and pretend that we dont already know it is a hoax.

might be fun for the simpleminds, no?

@warthog
ah i see you are the "Any 911 conspiracy debunk topics should be closed and the author banned" nutter.

so no more wasting my time with your strange delusions, you are the first person ever on this board i put on ignore, be proud!

[edit on 25-7-2006 by hoeon]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon
as long as nothing new happens, why not take an old exposed hoax warm it up a lil and pretend that we dont already know it is a hoax.

might be fun for the simpleminds, no?

That's deception, and technically a violation of the T&C...

Besides everyone and noone is a simplemind.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911

didn't john titor say somehing about 2038 about unix pc's having problems

Whatever the alleged John Titor said means nothing. Or haven't you heard he was proven to be a hoax/fake over and over?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I died in the Great American Civil War of 2005...

Behold, ATS's first Zombie poster!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've been a UNIX Sysadmin for 14 years. There is a 2038 issue with UNIX that is similar to the Y2K problem. UNIX counts the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970 and uses this number to determine the current time. The problem is that the memory allocated for the seconds will be used up in early 2038 (sometime in March, I think) and the clock will rollover to all 0's. This will cause all kinds of problems as we are thrown back into 1970.

It's going to be like the Y2K issues were. We'll take care of it long before there are massive power grid failures and banking system collapses and we all die.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint

And even if we do survive we are all going to be spiritually enlightened supposedly so wont need computers and will instead revert back to the basics of good old telepathy

check out the history channel tonight at 9PM for a show on the mayan prophecies

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Totality

Originally posted by thesaint

check out the history channel tonight at 9PM for a show on the mayan prophecies

i watched the end of it
seemed pretty interesting

top topics

join