It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Detector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have been curious about getting a metal detector and was wondering if any of you guys or gals have used one? If so do they work pretty well? Are they worth the effort? I don't expect to go find a gold bar but would like it to be somewhat entertaining. Also if you have done this what are good spots.

And last but not least what have been your best finds?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
hi mate..yeah..i used to have one..it was wicked..found loads of cool stuff...

most interesting thing i found was a 1950's BSA motorcycle and a really ornate brass table lamp in a wood and a pair of wagon wheels of an old gypsy caravan.

i never took it very seriously but a pal of mine found a couple of bits of roman jewellry which he sold for a good few thousand quid to a dealer in chester U.K

i think technology has probably moved on a lot since i owned mine, mine would only go to about 2ft deep with small objects,having said that though how deep do u want to dig? lol.

good luck.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

most interesting thing i found was a 1950's BSA motorcycle and a really ornate brass table lamp in a wood and a pair of wagon wheels of an old gypsy caravan.

You found a WHOLE motorcycle with a metal detector!! That's crazy!!

Me and husband have just fun looking with our metal detector when we go to the beach. The fun is in the hunt! Some people may say it looks a little dorky but who cares......

join