It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is Wrong...Facts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I doubt each and every point in the article. As Val pointed out, the cattle part is crap, as you figure one acre per head, but you take the cow to market around 450-500 pounds. I seriously doubt they only get 150 lbs of meat off them.

Species become extinct, that is the natural order of things - get over it and stop blaming us for everything. The Spotted Owl is a perfect example of Eco-freaks knowing nothing. After all the lost jobs and tree saving, the Spotted Owl is still going by the wayside. Guess what. The Barred Owl, a larger and sturdier owl, is taking its place. Nature isn't losing anything.

The individual that wrote that is probably the same type that cries and wets themsleves when forests are thinned and cut. He'd probably accuse Bush of making his logger friends wealthy by doing so. Since the idiots have cows over logging, we now have fires that don't just clear the underbrush, but burn the entire forest to the ground. Such fires are unnatural, but are created by well-intentioned eco-freaks.

Pass me the steak sauce and a beer.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
o my goodness this will make me stop eating beef. wait no it wont. i love beef and i aint stoppin. you didnt say anything bout piggies? i also like pork. i say the only solution is america kills everyone else on the planet and uses their country as a dump. that way i will be long dead by the time the trash starts to fill up.

Eat Pig!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
For #'s sake people, there's nothing wrong with eating meat per say, but the #ing horrible treatment of animals before they are killed to provide us with something that we, in this day and age, don't really need to eat is #ing atrocious.
Get some bloody perspective, you're funding the slavery, torture and murder of another living creature. it's not like you're running around, hunting animals to survive, I have no problem with that.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I doubt each and every point in the article. As Val pointed out, the cattle part is crap, as you figure one acre per head, but you take the cow to market around 450-500 pounds. I seriously doubt they only get 150 lbs of meat off them.

Species become extinct, that is the natural order of things - get over it and stop blaming us for everything. The Spotted Owl is a perfect example of Eco-freaks knowing nothing. After all the lost jobs and tree saving, the Spotted Owl is still going by the wayside. Guess what. The Barred Owl, a larger and sturdier owl, is taking its place. Nature isn't losing anything.

The individual that wrote that is probably the same type that cries and wets themsleves when forests are thinned and cut. He'd probably accuse Bush of making his logger friends wealthy by doing so. Since the idiots have cows over logging, we now have fires that don't just clear the underbrush, but burn the entire forest to the ground. Such fires are unnatural, but are created by well-intentioned eco-freaks.

Pass me the steak sauce and a beer.

Actually the large, unnatural forest fires are caused because certain idiots don't like the idea of there being smaller, natural fires.
Forest fires are supposed to happen, they lear the area ready for a new growth, otherwise there's a massive build up of dead woo and even bigger fires occur.
By the way mate, four out of every five forest fires are started by people, through smoking or not putting out camp fires properly, etc.
Nature doesn't need us to give it a helping hand, it'll work everything out on its own.

Oh and why don't you go tell the Dodo and the hundreds of other species that have become extinct through HUMAN interference that animals are just supposed to become exctinct?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sorry folks, but I'm a total carnivore.. Nuthin' like a big beautiful steak, bacon-wrapped filet minon, Lobster and prime rib, bbq ribs, pork chops, bbq chicken, grilled salmon.. all of it! Bring it on! I'd honestly float away if I could only eat bird food.. Not that I don't love salad and all of that.. my metabolism's just way too fast to not eat meat.. And I agree with one of the other posters that God made cows to eat! Oh yeah, and there ain't nuthin like a marlboro after I finish my steak and eggs. So pour me some coffee and pass the ash tray!
Salute!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Damn it ECK Now I'm hungery. Man theres nothing like a good prime rib. And what would thanksgiving be without a turkey or Chrstmas without a ham. Keep the animals dying because man they taste good.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Sorry folks, but I'm a total carnivore.. Nuthin' like a big beautiful steak, bacon-wrapped filet minon, Lobster and prime rib, bbq ribs, pork chops, bbq chicken, grilled salmon.. all of it! Bring it on! I'd honestly float away if I could only eat bird food.. Not that I don't love salad and all of that.. my metabolism's just way too fast to not eat meat.. And I agree with one of the other posters that God made cows to eat! Oh yeah, and there ain't nuthin like a marlboro after I finish my steak and eggs. So pour me some coffee and pass the ash tray!
Salute!

Well firstly god didn't make anything because god doesn't exist and secondly cows weren't just put here to be eaten, they just are.
You get eaten when you die, does that mean that you were only put here on this planet to be eaten?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
By the way, I do eat meat, but only free-range organic meat from animals that haven't been tortured to supply me with what is really a luxury food.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBenoit
Damn it ECK Now I'm hungery. Man theres nothing like a good prime rib. And what would thanksgiving be without a turkey or Chrstmas without a ham. Keep the animals dying because man they taste good.

Dude! I totally forgot about those!
I love animals just like the greeners, but some of 'em just taste too damn good not to eat!

Seriously, though, I don't give a rat's azz what other people eat - and it burns me up for vegetarians to be tellin' me how to.. and tryin' to make me give up smokes. Mind your own frockin biznezz, please. If I die younger I die younger. Thank me for being less of burden on the social security system. Some things, friends, are just good for the soul.

Anybody got a Bud light?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Well, I understand the suggestion of that, but look at my second post. Most of the acre is just to grow grains for feed, and of course the cow has to graze somewhere. 75% of grain shipped to third world countries, is for cattle feed. So much of our land in the USA is used to feed cattle, and much of the land 'damage' is to produce these grains.

That stat was from 1995 I think, but still holds most of it's value, and the article was not so much killing animals, and eating meat. The pesticides are an issue, as well as land use, and animal treatment. As a note, as much joking will be pointed my way for this, pigs are one of the most intelligent mammals on earth! Yet we grow them like corn, and treat them sub-level, and slaughter them by the thousands. And yet is is not the heathyest things for your body, as a 60 year old may tell you or a doctor.

Also many of the other points had little to do with what we eat, or the health effects. If you were to read below the first few lines, you would also notice a demonstration of waste, consumption, and pollution by us, and our government.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, those facts are pretty amazing....

*slices another piece of juicy steak, and dips it into Mesquite marinade...*

Yep, truly eye-opening...

*scoops up some french-cut green beans sauteed with bacon pieces...*

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any
By the way, I do eat meat, but only free-range organic meat from animals that haven't been tortured to supply me with what is really a luxury food.

What the # is "free-range" organic meat? I'll pass on that weird #. Just hand me a big ass #en slab of juicy steak, some sauce, and a glass of Pepsi. I figure, since the animal is already dead, mine as well eat it instead of sitting around crying and bitching about it.

Besides, its natural anyways. Are you going to complain n # about bears killing fish to eat? I doubt you would. Well humans just kill animals so we can eat as well. Sorry we don't go up to the cows and ask them politely if we can kill them, then gently kill them with love. Wolves attack sheep so they can eat, wolves just rip the mother #er apart and eat his ass. Same thing with humans, just kill the damn animal and eat it.

I hate these "save the animal" pussies who eat #in trees everyday so that a few animals can live another week longer. All animals are going to die, everything dies. A # load of cows die everyday naturally, but those are okay right?

Just stop bitching and eat some #in meat.

[Edited on 10-29-2003 by 10DeadInside10]

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
moby? i dont believe anything he has to say as he seems to have a self depricating attitude, almsot as if he hates being human yet sits in a technologically advanced music studio full of plastic and makes his music.

the guy simply isnt in touch with reality. he's stuck in a studio seeing the world through rose colored glasses.

i would also love to know where he gets all his figures from! 1 million species gone from the rain forests???? his source for this is what? there's more biodiveristy in dirt than ANY forest or jungle to begin with. i would also like to have his source prove this.

its not a secret he is not just vegetarian but anti meat. him and others like him wanting everyone to live THEIR way of life is pretty ignorant and intolerant but they dont see it that way.

i eat meat and i love eating meat. i realize that it was once a living thing but even fruits and vegetables are living things, since all life is sacred or should be considered sacred can we accuse vegetarians of murder when they eat a tofu burger? (its absurd i know but thats how absurd their stance is, one killing is ok but not another, its not consistent logic)

moby sits in a studio and plays with keyboards and samplers and types up these little op-ed type articles and people buy into them without ever questioning what he's saying.

now i almost hope eminem catches him in a dark alley as much as i dislike eminem.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The list has several inaccuracies and of course is one sided in many ways.

What would I expect?

I do agree on one thing though we eat too much meat period and this is not just an issue as suggested by the original poster but more a health issue for people period.

I am more of a teary eyed environmentalist than the author because I believe that eating plants is killing living things too.

Top that lefties!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It has some controversy behind it but there has been some research that points to your blood type being a big factor in what food you metabolize best. I think it is a valid argument but it does not mean of you are type O to never eat wheat or of you are type A that you should never eat meat. It is a guideline that gives you an idea of what works best for your body. Here is a link.

Eat Right for Your Blood type

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm the kind of person who eats both meat and vegetables, and when I read comments like:

For frock's sake people, there's nothing wrong with eating meat per say, but the frokin horrible treatment of animals before they are killed to provide us with something that we, in this day and age, don't really need to eat is frokin atrocious.

Sure we don't need to eat meat, but most of us still do. Its part of many people's culture, our surroundings- the way we live. It was a slow development and evolution to produce as much meat as we do now today. Its not just a small settlement of 50 people that need to be fed.

Get some bloody perspective, you're funding the slavery, torture and murder of another living creature. it's not like you're running around, hunting animals to survive, I have no problem with that.

I can't help but feel a little offended at that remark. As if I have done something wrong. These poor animals that have been bred in live stocks just for one reason, food. We don't pluck them out of the woods or fields where they naturaly live untill they are nearly extinct, but as time progressed the demands grew(of course), and we developed a means to feed everyone with the very food our ancestors ate.

and

Well firstly god didn't make anything because god doesn't exist and secondly cows weren't just put here to be eaten, they just are.

Cows were "put here" because of evolution. The original species of animals that lead to the modern day bovine survived through time and has a place on Earth, like many other animals and plants. Man came along and hunted when he could, and lived off of their harvested food from their gardens and dried beef during the winter months. This went on all across the world for a very long time.

Judging by the statement only: "cows weren't just put here to be eaten, they just are.", you could also say plants weren't just put here to be eaten, they just are."

Plants, animals, and rocks exist for many reasons. Thats just how things work.

You get eaten when you die, does that mean that you were only put here on this planet to be eaten?

Things that happen here aren't always executed in a linear fasion. Its not eat and then be eaten, create and then be distroyed. Sometimes it happens to different orders and/or new sequences. The fact we have the inteligence to create flying machine and soap to clean ourselves doesn't make us on the same level as an animal that grazes on grass and relaxes under the shade, or fly in the sky and make nests for their new born.

I'm not against anyone who opposes eating meat, nor do I dislike them, but I just saw some of those comments as biased in some way, and they didn't feel like they had much depth.

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Wow, those facts are pretty amazing....

*slices another piece of juicy steak, and dips it into Mesquite marinade...*

Yep, truly eye-opening...

*scoops up some french-cut green beans sauteed with bacon pieces...*

Stop Gazrok! I'm starving!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mr Rad:

you said:

Things that happen here aren't always executed in a linear fasion. Its not eat and then be eaten, create and then be distroyed. Sometimes it happens to different orders and/or new sequences. The fact we have the inteligence to create flying machine and soap to clean ourselves doesn't make us on the same level as an animal that grazes on grass and relaxes under the shade, or fly in the sky and make nests for their new born.

I'm not against anyone who opposes eating meat, nor do I dislike them, but I just saw some of those comments as biased in some way, and they didn't feel like they had much depth.

I say:

sorry to disappoint you dude but that is how it is here. You want perfection get on your knees and pray to get out.

No matter what happens in physicality I can assure you it will never achieve any level of perfection such that it will please all the lefties or politically correct or other such mindsets.

sad but true IMHO!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would have no problem going out to a pasture and killing a cow so I could get a steak. That would be a great business.
Humans are hunters, maybe not all of us have in them, but some of us have the need to kill our own food, be it fish, pigs, deer, whatever moves, ect.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm not looking for perfection, but when I read a comment like

"Get some bloody perspective, you're funding the slavery, torture and murder of another living creature. it's not like you're running around, hunting animals to survive, I have no problem with that. "

I'd like to see some reason behind thats all :/

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join