It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ Lawyer = Feminist Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Cross-dressing NZ lawyer challenges 'boys' club'
A male lawyer who appeared in a New Zealand court dressed in an ankle-length skirt, lace stockings and a diamond brooch said he was protesting against a male bias in the country's justice system.

Rob Moodie, a former New Zealand Police Union secretary, stunned the courtroom yesterday when he appeared in women's clothing at a hearing related to a long-running case involving the death of a man in a bridge collapse on a North Island farm.

Mr Moodie said he wore the two-piece women's suit because of what he described as a boys' network in the court room.

"I'm objecting to the male ethos that is dominating this case and from now on I'm going to be dressing as a girl in my daily life," Mr Moodie told Reuters.

"It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't seen the gung-ho attitude in this case. The more this goes on and the deeper the cover-up gets, the frocks will get prettier," he said.

Mr Moodie is married with three children but said he had a strong female gender bias.

"The sexes are not opposite, they're complementary," he said.

www.abc.net.au...

oh what a guy!!!
I wish I could have been there to see it!!

ruddy glass ceiling!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Is he a feminist or a cross-dresser with a lawyer's flair for justifying and defending himself.

No matter, either way it's a beauty of a challenge to social morays; women dress in pants all the time, but it's harder to take a step down on the social pecking order and wear a dress when you can easily convey all the advantages in a well tailored suit.

Now, if only we could dress all those mid-eastern men in burkhas.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by clearwater]

join