It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Fears Full-Scale War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia's king has warned the current crisis between Lebanon, the Palestinians and Israel could spark a full-scale Middle East war.

King Abdullah has also pledged $500m to rebuild Lebanon and $250m to help the Palestinians.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.sky.com...

King Abdullah is restating the words spoken by many in the Middle East that, these "fires" could launch into full scale war in the Middle East.

For this to happen, some will tell you that Israel will have to strike against Syria or Iran (which is very hard to determind and unlikely at this moment in time)

(But i have notice, that the media isn't focusing on the Middle East too much)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
(But i have notice, that the media isn't focusing on the Middle East too much)

yes... quite odd that. I have noticed this. Isnt Murdoch a zionist? He owns every satelite bar one? (

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If the king SSOOO wants to stop the problem, why does he not offer to help stop the hezbolla terrorists-nah...

If he wants to pledge money, how about some for the innocent cillivns who have been killed or wounded in Israel-nah...........

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Whats your point. If you watch Sky News, which is owned by Fox and Murdoch, you will see that it has been by far the most balanced of the news corporations, even more so than the BBC which is anti-israel.

Just because you are freinds with some Zionist, this doesn't mean he shares the same views or wholeheartedly accepts manipulating the news coverage. Theres only so much he can do, he's not the editor, and he can't control thousands of employees who have their own opinions and ultimately dictate the interviews, video reports etc

mod edit: removed un-needed mass quote

[edit on 25-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
Whats your point. If you watch Sky News, which is owned by Fox and Murdoch, you will see that it has been by far the most balanced of the news corporations, even more so than the BBC which is anti-israel.

Just because you are freinds with some Zionist, this doesn't mean he shares the same views or wholeheartedly accepts manipulating the news coverage. Theres only so much he can do, he's not the editor, and he can't control thousands of employees who have their own opinions and ultimately dictate the interviews, video reports etc

mod edit: removed un-needed mass quote

[edit on 25-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

Fox and Sky are not fair at all in my mind, and I am a conservative. With the on going problem in the ME right now, I think the CNN news channel is doing the best right now. I like to flip between the major news outlets so one channels propaganda doesn't get to me.
CNN has been fair to Israel that the war was needed but goes into Lebanon to show Israels destruction, some times to innocent civilians in apartment buildings or shops. I do not have BBC to watch sooo... no opinion on them being "anti-Israel"

EDIT: Just like to add that the King is a cheap bastard, offering 500m to the death and destruction when he pays out ungodly amounts of money to his over extended family with the BILLIONS he makes off oil and our stock market.
He just doesn't want to upset the market as it might effect poor poor Saudi.

[edit on 7/25/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
If the king SSOOO wants to stop the problem, why does he not offer to help stop the hezbolla terrorists-nah...

Maybe, just maybe...its fear of starting a major war in the area? Saudi Arabia has no links or communication to Hizballoh too, so thats why everyone is pressuring Syria to do something (cause they have the ties). Please Lebanon government isn't really far off from breaking and being taken over by Hizbollah, he is helping to keep the pro-west and pro-israel government in power.

If he wants to pledge money, how about some for the innocent cillivns who have been killed or wounded in Israel-nah...........

So, "innocent" only means Israel? thats not nice thinking. Israel recieves huge aid from America and more Lebanon innocent people have been killed (but its not about "who has more). I don't know why you making out the Saudi King to be a terrorist supporter? he is giving billions to help rebuild Lebanon (which the government isn't to blame for the crisis)(Hizbollah are)

So why are you making him to be a bad person? The Saudi King is extremely pro-west and is praised for building ties towards the west and now you are attacking him because he is helping to rebuild an Arab country and protect their vunerable democracy?

why are you being so bias towards Israel?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The Saudi kings are concerned about the old enemy, the shi'ites, considered apostates by many orthodox muslims, shi'aism is illegal in Saudi Arabia. The shi'ites, infact, are the perennial favourites of sunni islamic conspiracy theorists, they are sort of viewed as like illuminati or some such, satanic agents in clandestine operations against the state and religion and society. That, undoubtedly, is what is motivating the S'aud King now, shi'ite Hezbollah, backed by the Ayatollah of Iran and the Nosarii in Syria.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You bet your butt he's scared. This "king" just like the ones in Syria and Iran is scared too.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
You bet your butt he's scared. This "king" just like the ones in Syria and Iran is scared too.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

Again, what has the Saudia King got to be scared of and why are you lining him with Syria and Iran? just cause he is an arab, doesn't mean he is terrorist

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No it just means his britches are full of sugar.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

So why are you making him to be a bad person? The Saudi King is extremely pro-west and is praised for building ties towards the west and now you are attacking him because he is helping to rebuild an Arab country and protect their vunerable democracy?

I did not make out to be a bad person-just clearly one sided and biased in his views/help.

I think it is great he wants to help Lebanon-really. My concerns are, that the money will end up going straigh to the terrorists pocket.

Also, his threats of war against Israel, but not a DAMN word about stoppiong the terrorist hezbolla-nah why be fair and reasonable.

So what we have is thus-Saudia Arabia threatas to declar war on Israel unless it stops defending itself-dn:

So we also habe NONE, NO, NADDA, NOTHING, interms of threats agains the terrorist hezbolla

Thats right, Bad Israel, jow dare you defend yourself and your people

Just sit there and be nurdered by terrorists and don't fight back and bye the
way-no one is going to help you either.

So just laydown and let the terrorists just kill you all

Is it any wonder why Israel ignores them???????

top topics

join