It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Israel the real terrorists.. on steroids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
According to a CNN.com article, Israel is killing over 10 Lebanese civilians for every 1 Israeli civilian killed.

www.cnn.com...

At least 375 people, most of them civilians, have died and at least 727 have been wounded in Lebanon, officials with the Lebanese security forces said Monday.

In Israel, the death toll is 39 -- 17 of them civilians and 22 soldiers -- according to the IDF.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by openfire]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
CNN.......there's a balanced news source! Do they mention that those Lebanese counted as "civilians" might have been firing rockets minutes before? What do you think, CNN is going to tell you how many "militants" were killed? They are already biased as hell in their reporting....every Lebanese child killed is paraded around the media like crazy, yet nothing is said about the Israeli children killed or injured in the rocket attacks.
Israel is doing what she has to do. She's already taken her constant pummeling from the bullies, and now she's kicking them back. Funny thing is, Israel isn't doing enough! She needs to take it all the way to Damascus and Tehran! This is war, and there are bound to be "civilian" casualties....Especially when your enemy is hiding their rockets among "civilians" that don't do much to say that they can't!
I can't believe the way the American media is playing this out as Lebanon being the victim. Hezbollah came into power because of its following. The Lebanese government is responsible for its citizens as much as any other country is responsible for theirs....
Israel on sterhoids? Not even close! She's just swatting flies right now. She hasn't brought out the Orkin man yet!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
How can you displace over half a million people with nowhere to go, bomb and kill civilians and not be a terrorist nation?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

CNN.......there's a balanced news source!

Then tell me what is "a balanced news source" according to you (i'm going to guess, you're about to say FOX arn't you ?).... Here's an balanced fact: balanced news is NON existant in this word.

Call me crazy but IMHO even CNN is reporting this conflict more from the Isreali point of view then the Lebanese. As are all american newschannels.

You can keep ignoring it and deny it, but it's a reported and confirmed fact that in order to get 1 or 2 captures isreali soldiers out (which is obviously not the point of Isreal's OFFENSIVE actions) Isreal is bombing random Lebanese civilians who have nothing to do with Hezbollah.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by XyZeR]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The terrorists are in southern lebanon and are called hezbollah.

If they did not attack Israel....in Israel......I reapeat in Isreal........ then this would not be happening.

There is a UN statement to disarm hezbollah. Yet to be carried out.

If hezbollah wants to start a fight then the fight will be brought. Just don't cry when the person you fight with goes further then you wanted them too. Because that is called being a wuss. If you want to fight then fight.

Lebanon should not allow a militia of hezbollah in southern lebanon. It is not the national army of lebanon. And yet the hezbollah militia is making war with a soverign nation. (which is supplied and surported by Syria and Iran.)

Is Israel being heavy handed. Yes.

But the hezbollah started this, and if they want to set a cease fire time table is laughable.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The word most people (including myself) seem to use for them is a lot stronger than 'terrorists' and the words 'insane', 'foul', 'vile', and 'they're on borrowed time' seem to be mentioned a lot, too.

Israel several decades ago lost any credibility it had managed to amass. Only the fact its citizens (regardless of where they live and regardless of what nationality and religion they pretend to be) own and dictate to the media has saved israel's skin thus far. But, as usual, they've gone to far, too often, too long and have taken the whore media, insurance and banking organisations, politicians etc. down with them. No-one associated with israel has the respect of anyone any more. Oh, yes, while I remember, the word 'scum' seems to be used a lot now, with regard to israel and its widely dispersed people/propagandists.

It's coming and when it does, the famous whining will get a slap across its mouth this time, rather than the sympathy the lies earned last time. I wouldn't donate a half cent to save israel if it was burning to the ground.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
In reply to your question on what I feel a "balanced" news source is, I would NOT say it was Fox. My answer would be H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. (not the history channel, but history itself). It might be a little confusing, but I know mainstream media can paint anyone to be a pretty picture/victim/a**hole if they so choose.
Israel has to be the "fiesty" one when it comes to responding to attacks on its people. After all, if you were surrounded by bullies, your puny self isn't going to get anywhere by taking a few punches. Its Israel's unfortunate position that they could be "obliterated" very easily was it not for the Israeli military's reputation as a tough S.O.B.! They get that reputation because they've always reacted to "wuss punches" with an uppercut back! Israel has always maintained its "defensive" position, which to anyone who can see past the headlines, is all the more credible when you got the bullies around her openly saying its their goal to wipe her off the map! I've never heard of a radical jew, but I've heard of several radical Muslims! Lebanon, quit your whining. You should control your citizens and not harbor these "Hezbollah" retreads.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
How can you displace over half a million people with nowhere to go, bomb and kill civilians and not be a terrorist nation?

My point exactly. I believe about that many Israelis WERE in bomb shelters away from their homes while Hezbollah rockets were being lobbed at them. I DO believe these rockets weren't aimed at military targets, but randomly at cities' general populace. Its true. LEBANON, harboring HEZBOLLAH, a TERRORIST group, must be a TERRORIST NATION!

[edit on 28-7-2006 by CreeWolf]

top topics

join