It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NDE and the Silver Cord????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A very interesting article dealing with near death experiences and the presence of a silver cord connected to the body at the head of an individual this cord is severed by the angel of death at the time of death,
At least thats the interpretation of one person...

The silver cord protects us in many ways. At the time of a violent death, like a severe auto accident, the silver cord is severed before impact so the person will feel no pain. That really brought a lot of comfort to me to know that my son did not feel pain at the time of his death. During the dying process, the cord becomes thinner to where it finally is severed. The soul is released.

www.near-death.com...

[edit on 24-7-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This story freaked me out...........

A boy, woke up and got out of bed during the night. Whilst walking along a hallway he became "aware that something was amiss." On turning around and looking back toward the way he had come he saw what appeared to be a thin cord of light leading from him back to his bedroom. Naturally concerned, he followed the cord back to his bedroom only to discover that he was still asleep in his bed. He had no recollection of how he returned to his physical body.

whoooaa what an experience

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow thats really interesting about the silver cord being severed at the time of death. I've never really thought about that. I believe I have had an oobe before but I've never seen a silver cord, but i know others have. Here's a thought ...maybe the people who can oobe should take a look at their own cord and see how thin it is. Maybe that will give them an idea of how much time they have left on earth?? Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Interesting post The_Sentinal, ive always been interested in oobe and plan on taking up the quest to experience one some time soon. There is a wealth of information on the topic here at ATS which i have bearly made a dent in, i have heard many recolections of the silver cord here and on other sites concerning oobe. I have seen supposed pictures of people outside their bodies as well with the cord shown, im not sure where the pics are but i know they are somewhere here on ATS. Anyways good post :
:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by captinofcats
Interesting post The_Sentinal, I have seen supposed pictures of people outside their bodies as well with the cord shown, im not sure where the pics are but i know they are somewhere here on ATS. Anyways good post :
:

I'm wondering if people who didnt see their cords had the presence of mind to even look for them and mayby just didnt notice them, some of the incidence on this site give cause for more questions than answers. But i still think it's cool anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know this is a little off-topic, but interesting none the less.

Didn't I see the silver cord on Donnie Darko?

If you haven't seen this movie, please do....It was one of my favorite movies. If you rent it, watch it more than once. It's like watching a totally different movie, the second time around.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interesting find as though when I was younger(in my teens) I was in a program with a kid who said that he studied and practiced with out of body and trances and such. He said that a chord was attached to the bellybutton if I can remember correctly. He also said that the more you practiced, the further you could go. He too said that if the cord were to become detatched, the physical body would die.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Great thread. I had an OOBE about 20 years ago and saw my silver cord. At the time, I was going through a very difficult situation and feeling utterly hopeless about my life. My guardian angel came, took my hand and pulled me out of my physical body. I was able to go right through walls, windows, etc. and look down and saw some beauitful cities. I became entangled in the cord and tried to yank it out. My guardian angel quickly admonished me and told me never to do that again, then she told me I needed to go back into my body.
I'll never forget that experience.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Not sure if this has already been discussed but the silver cord is part of Astral Projection. Seems to be sort of a life-link between Physical and Subconscious worlds...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trudginup

Saw Donnie Darko. He had a gel-like attachment, good movie. watch it twice. Won't make sense the first time.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

top topics

join