It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Watchlist is Nothing More than a Fraud!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Marshals: Innocent People Placed On 'Watch List' To Meet Quota

You could be on a secret government database or watch list for simply taking a picture on an airplane. Some federal air marshals say they're reporting your actions to meet a quota, even though some top officials deny it.

The air marshals, whose identities are being concealed, told 7NEWS that they're required to submit at least one report a month. If they don't, there's no raise, no bonus, no awards and no special assignments.

"Innocent passengers are being entered into an international intelligence database as suspicious persons, acting in a suspicious manner on an aircraft ... and they did nothing wrong," said one federal air marshal.

More...

This is pathetic!!!

See also:

"Watch" lists

US Terror Watchlist Grows to 80,000 Names

325,000 Names on Terrorism List

Pentagon says improper data in security database

[edit on 24-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i'm sure we all end up on the watch list..it will just be re-named to something like a national data base of citizens or something. based on the info that the govt as on you, ie, health, credit, bank, property, purchases ect, you will have some type of catagory that you will be put into .....

we are slowwly being set up for a society that labels everybody as some type of threat......

start running now...................

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, when you hear "terror watch list" you think it must be a list that's being populated as people "earn" their way on to it...whodda thunk it's a list being DE-populated as everybody has to defend their way OFF of it. (yeah, I'm assuming there's some way off of it...silly me.)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Here's another good thread on the quota system the Air Marshall's have, Air Marshalls Forced to Meet Quota.

On a side note. Last week I tried send some money to a friend using Western Union and MoneyGram (online) and both times I was told that I was flagged for security concerns due to recent federal mandates since the Patriot Act was put in to place or whatever and that I would have to physically go to a WU or MG location to send money. Anyways, I cancelled my transaction with WU-online and tried again and it work just fine.

I think Valhall said it best, people don't "earn" their way on the list anymore. It's not as "glorified" (for lack of a better word) as it used to be.

Sporty

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

On a side note. Last week I tried send some money to a friend using Western Union and MoneyGram (online) and both times I was told that I was flagged for security concerns due to recent federal mandates since the Patriot Act was put in to place or whatever and that I would have to physically go to a WU or MG location to send money. Anyways, I cancelled my transaction with WU-online and tried again and it work just fine.

Okay, you guys just keep teaching me all this stuff to watch for (lmao). A few months back I read on here where some one was talking about paying off their credit card (in full) and the payment ended up taking a month to go through. So upon asking about this they found out that paying a big sum of money on your credit card sends a flag to the feds and ya ya ya.

Well, I got a bonus in the first quarter of the year and I paid off my credit card and low and behold - it took a month for that payment to actually go through!

Which means I'm probably on the list now. I truly can't win for losing.

[edit on 7-25-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Delete

Sorry, wrong thread

Sporty

[edit on 25/7/2006 by SportyMB]

new topics

top topics

join