It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most evilest creatures on the planet: Mosquitoes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Mmk, well I realise that everyone gets mosquitoe bites and all, but I gotta say mosquitoes in the last 30 hours have officially become the thing I hate the most.

I went outside at about 3am last night, because it was cool outside, and there's a heatwave of srots. So anyways I go out there for about 20 minutes, and I come back inside and go to sleep until 9am, well I wake and I find 10 bites on my legs alone, and in total on my whole body 31 red itchy bites.

So, because of this I now vow to create a poion to destroy the mosquitoes of the work, and make everyone happy at the same time.

I am curious, how many people get bitten this many times in a short amount of time?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Kakadu in the northern territory of australia during the wet season. Not only are they huge but they attack in great numbers. Hers something you can try to take your mind off the pesky little buggers.
Make a game of it , when one lands on your arm wait for it to insert probiscus then tense your muscles. If you do it properly it will not be able to remove it, it will continue to fill up with blood and if your able to hold it in long enough it will explode!!

Hehe.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Make a game of it , when one lands on your arm wait for it to insert probiscus then tense your muscles. If you do it properly it will not be able to remove it, it will continue to fill up with blood and if your able to hold it in long enough it will explode!!

Hehe.

lol !!! OMG that's sick mojo, I can't bear to have em on me for even that long IF I see em. Cool game tho!
U know I often hear people speak in fear of our bugs and insects and spiders back home in Australia but I have to tell U all that we ain't got nothin on Japan. Yes, Japan!

I too get attacked and often, and I am allergic so I swell right up. I am SO hating having to live here because they seem to have some kinda super-mosquitoe that just loves my flesh.

Just recentlyI looked like I had 2 knees on each leg and extra elbows as well as bigger boobs and eyes on my booty cheeks after applying calamine lotion
lol

In all seriousness, I can't stand getting them because they hurt me more than they itch and just make me miserable.
I have to wear OFF! in this house at the moment (rainy season at the moment as well as hot and humid ughhhhh) just to get to sleep because along with the mosquitoes they have some kind of lil tiny fly/flea or something that bites too!
And they only bite me! not my husband but only me and I wake up in the morning every day with little bites all over me.

If anybody knows what these things are I am referring to and how I can protet myself other than spraying OFF! Every day and night (it repels the husband too *sigh*) I would be VERY appreciative!

I can't stand to be here much longer and I'd hate to have to leave my hubby and go back home over this
(lol)

[edit on 24-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It must be that you beautiful females smell so delicious. My wife also gets constantly bitten while i can be sitting right next to her and not get one. perhaps it has something to do with pheremones(sp) or the fact that a males skin would generally be harder to penetrate than a females ?

When in Fiji last year my better half was also attacked by very small flea like buggers, almost ruined the trip.

best of luck, would love to visit Japan too one day.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My wife get bitten, my daughters get bitten... aznd my middle daughter is allergic, so in the summer she always has her allergy medicine with her. And my girls ar also in Girl Guides. (They're at camp this week, so I hope no mosquitoes discovers them).

Me? I guess mosquitoes don't like my blood, because I hardly ever get bitten.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Mosquitos........

Well I remember reading an article about them a few weeks ago...

SCIENTISTS are determined to even the score with mosquitoes by developing bug repellents using chemicals in human body odour that the insects hate.

They have isolated chemicals in the odour of people who don't get bitten and hope to use them to improve controls to prevent the spread of insect-borne diseases such as malaria, dengue and yellow fever in developing countries.

The Rest

So I guess for at least two years,we just have to bear with getting bitten .
There are a few natural remedies that can also help with bites and not getting bitten...
Vinegar helps the bite.....it stops the itching.

Here are is a list of what should be 'eaten' to not get bitten....

Oil of cedar, eucalyptus, pennyroyal, rosemary, goldenseal, tea tree oil, calendula, soybean, plus garlic and brewers yeast.
mosquitoes don't like B vitamins, in particular thiamine which is B1.
If you eat brown rice, brewers yeast, wheat germ, black strap molasses, or fish, these will supply you with B vitamins.
Or you can take a good vitamin B complex before your outing.
Avoid eating sweets, fruits such as bananas and all sweet fragrances as these can attract mosquitoes.

Source
And plants to keep the Mozzies away

They also seem to like to 'humid' places and where there is water and humidity also makes one sweat, and mozzies are attracted to sweaty people, so sweat mixed with perfumed bodies get bitten more often.

Also something about what colours a person wears, seems to attract mosquitos..

helen

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

As bad as they are, they are needed.
Sure they leave an itchy bite, and they also spread disease. But these little buggers feed untold millions of bats, birds, and insects.
Removing them from the ecosystem would be a disaster for the entire world...

I say we should love the mosquito and revere it's place in the food chain.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow, I did'nt even think about mosquitoes in other countries..wow I'm really stupid today.

Anyways, I did'nt think I'd get any responses to this, sorta more like a little rant, but hey, it's all good.

(Stops self before he says "hizzouse")

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
mate you are SO right...there's nothing worse than having a massive mosquito biting you when you're hands are full...I once watched a BITING FLY bite into my skin and then felt the stinging pain as blood oozed out of the bite area...I love animals but there's absolutely NO love for mosquitoes and biting flies (whcih are much worse) for that matter. THey are evil little creatures that have no use at all...annoying is too light a word to describe these little monsters. On a summer night, do NOT go outside unless you want to be eaten alive. :shudder:

They can get kinda 'drunk' on blood though..and then its punishment time muahhahahahaha

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have a story that beats you guys down. One time my friends and i were running around causing mischief. One of my friends got the idea to throw an apple at a car. Car stopped and we ran. Well aftr some running i got seperated from my friends and low and behold here comes the cops. So i jumped into a little thing near a river to hide. Thank god thats where mosquitos nest
. So I'm sitting there hiding from the cops and mosquitoes are feeding on me because i couldnt move.
. Anywho by the end of the night i counted literally like 70 mosquito bites on my right arm alone.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Shi'ite man, that must have really sucked.

Did you look like a red version of that michelin tire thing/pilsbury doughboy?

[edit on 7/25/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
nah. looked like i had smallpox more than anything. Imagine their suprise when i walked into school the next day

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I hate those little bastards!

I can't find the link, but I remember reading on a site that they prefer to bite people who have/are:

Anglo-saxon.
Female.
Blonde Hair.
Blue Eyes.
Here's the Kicker: Smelly feet.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To hell with the eco system... those little bastards need to go extinct!

Besides, Hawaii's eco system was just fine before white men brought over mosquitos, snakes, rats, etc.

new topics

top topics

join