It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

85,000 points up for grabs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
For those members who might have the writers bug and a need for some serious points, the awards for the present writing challenge have been announced. First place is 50,000 points. Second place is 25,000 and third place is 10,000.

It is by far the most highly rewarded writing contest to date.

Just be warned, the entries so far are absolutely awesome.

You can find the details here.

wupy

I edited to correct the point count brought to my attention...oops

[edit on 24-7-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's 85,000 points up for gabs.

But heck, that's even a better deal.

Abacus Monkeys, not just for double entry accounting anymore...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow, great incentive for everyone. Glad I'm a contestant and not a judge, the quality (and quantity) has been great, there are some very talented writers in our midst. Looking forward to seeing who takes home the points in a few days time!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Actually Masqua has also said many runner ups and worthy entries will be handsomely rewarded so the prize could be closer to 100,000 points.

This contest is turning into a writing event.

I can't wait to see who the winner is.

wupy

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Awesome, but why the massive increase compared to the other writing contests, was it because of the huge interest in this one or the quality of entry's or has inflation finally reached the internet.

Anyway i agree with Willard there are some extremely talented writers here and i have enjoyed reading ALL the entry's also mrwupy.

Cheers
m4s

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The massive increase of points is due to the quality that has so far been published in the contest. These people are coming up with really good writing. The stories have been above and beyond so far. I've enjoyed every last one of them.

More than one staff member has offered to give up their own points in order to reward the writers in this competition.

The only thing special is the quality of the entries so far.

WTG ATS writers

wupy

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
can someone please give me a link of where to post the story? i do not see a short story forum anywhere

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
post your stoery here remember to put (doc) at the beginning www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is a good idea.

I have been blown away with the entries and the quality of so many of them. Glad Im not a judge on this contest.

Good luck to all who are involved.

new topics

top topics

join