It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search For Nuke Leaves NYC with no Power?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
MJ

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Whew, two years ago today that I last posted on ATS. I would have been here an hour ago but my time machine door was stuck. The following info auto seized my machine.

Does anyone have any additional info on this shown below?
July 23, 2006

US Held Hostage By Israel, Search For Nuclear Bomb Leaves 100,000 Without Power In New York

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Russian Subscribers

Russian Intelligence Analysts are reporting today that a frantic search is underway by US Military Authorities in New York City for a ‘nuclear device’ whose timer has been ‘deactivated’ by cutting the electrical power to 100,000 civilians in the largest American city.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Any possible links? Know anywhere to start looking? Seems pretty vague to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ya I heard that earlier today on another forum, but there was no additional information found other than what you have, aside from speculation

[edit on 7/24/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wtf? Yeah, I can flat out say this isn't true. I live in New York and there are a few hundred people without power because of the heat wave (airconditioners overloaded something or another). Same thing happens every summer.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
Any possible links? Know anywhere to start looking? Seems pretty vague to me.

www.rense.com...

Pretty bad when people at rense.com thinks you're a flake.

You may want to research David Both as well.

MJ

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Mirthful Me, Thanks for the link. Appreciate that.

This shows whomever wrote this floater by whatever name, to be very far far out in other articles posted. Glad to know a lilttle more of the possible author of this.

By what I read there at Rense, I would not give any credability to this person's article on a NYC nuke. It seemed strange that if they had found it and power was cut, how could it go off if no power was reconnected. Also thought that they only knew what block it was in and had not found it.

I could not find any info about this and figured if anyplace can envoke a response of real or unreal, ATS can. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think every story/source should be questioned at least to some degree... Obviously if it is a "mainstream" source, then the agenda should be examined, as well as the possibility of other subtle forms of manipulation/disinformation may be present. Obscure sources demand further scrutiny in order to ascertain the real reason or agenda behind stories (seems like Sorcha Faal likes to sell things).

A doubting and suspicious eye will serve you well.

[edit on 25/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Seems like Sorcha is coming out of the woodwork lately.

Just last week she claimedUnited States Special Forces had Seized Control Of Israeli Nuclear Weapons Complex

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Without even talking about the Sorcha's credibility (or utter lack thereof) - the premise seems flawed.

If you were going to all the trouble of burying a nuclear blackmail aid in NYC, would you A.) provide it with a reliable, remotely-operated trigger/timer or B) hook it up to the grid thereby making it easier to detect, defuse, and also making it a far sight less reliable?

NYC's power goes out just about every year, although the outages were usually confined to the poorer areas during my years in the city. Coincidence? Doubt it, but that's a subject for another thread.

What does strike me as VERY odd is the length of this most recent outage in Queens. I can't ever remember it being off this long (though I don't reside in the city anymore, I've been reading about it)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
She must live here in NYC there has been a blackout in Queens since like last week.

Pie

CX

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Just out of interest, how does a heatwave knock out the power supply?

CX.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Just out of interest, how does a heatwave knock out the power supply?

CX.

Added demand from air conditioners (A/C) can:

Overload local transformers which can lead to that transformer failing.
The transformer fuses pop and depending on whether it's over. lines or underground cables the outage can be several homes or a couple of small city blocks.
Generally local transformers are sized to carry normal load during average temperatures and are quickly overloaded by high A/C demand during hot weather.
Hot weather doesn't help the radiant cooling systems of these small pole top and underground transformers.

Stepping up a touch, the same thing can happen at the power station.
High demand from A/C usage can overload the main station transformers - although these transformers are usually more in line with what the expected load will/can be in hot weather - and the transformer circuit breakers could trip (open) although what usually happens is that heat eventually damages these large transformers, they fail and their circuit breakers trip.

Distribution over. lines/underground cables can be overloaded by demand and trip on simple overload.
Along with the conductors failing if the overload is severe enough.
This last happens with old systems that use small conductors.
What was ok in the 50's doesn't cut it nowadays.
A lot of New Yorks distribution system is old - and small - stuff.

The main transmission system of a particular utility - as well as the entire transmission grid it's connected to - can lose resources due to load or other factors such as loss of generation and lines feeding power in.
Frequency slows down and generators go off line to protect them as well as tie lines trip to protect the adjacent utilities.

Not knowing what happened in New York, at least as last reported by the news who were quoting the power company is partially true.
Minor outages have the cause determined in a short period of time even if they don't know exactly where the problem is it doesn't take too long to find it.
The time element in this case can be a few minutes to a few hours.

Major outages, the cause is known to most everybody on the grid in a few minutes.
The problems are usually apparent and a little thinking and interpretation of data points the finger to the problem area although the exact cause may not be known for a while.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
thanyou very comprehensive.

The heat in the UK caused a blackout somewhere for a while, but usually its just the Trains that break, as the rails buckle and bend in the heat.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the heatwave resulted in a blackout in parts of queens. the subway system was totally screwed up as well. certain long island railroad lines were not running on schedule either.

the number of people without power wasn't near 100k (I don't think) and the power is back on in most places.

CX

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks for that explanation Desert Dawg

CX.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When our power grid was built up, most people did not have an air conditioner, let alone 4 or 5 air conditioners, 2 computers, 25 portable device chargers, and other assorted electronic devices.

The antiquated grid can not handle the drain that comes along every summer. This has been going on for years. Unfortunately, "fixing" it would cost more billions than is available.

As for the number of people without power, Con-Ed initially estimated 2,500 but that was because after those initial calls they switched on an automated "we know you have no power and we're working on it" message that did NOT log the calls from that point forward. The number was indeed closer to 100,000.

As for a "nuclear device" that could be easily turned off by coincidentally shutting down the power to a section of northern Queens on the highest power usage week of the year... uh... wow... write it into a film and you've got an Oscar.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Lol, this reminds me of that Naked Gun movie where Frank disarms the nuke by accidentally tripping over the power cord. I think the power outages have a lot more to do with the heat wave and people cranking up their AC.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Do we really need to have a secret search for a nuke be the cause of a power outage in the middle of a heatwave???

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
Lol, this reminds me of that Naked Gun movie where Frank disarms the nuke by accidentally tripping over the power cord. I think the power outages have a lot more to do with the heat wave and people cranking up their AC.

Yeah, I remember that movie, lol.

I frequent Sorcha's website, more for laughs than actually wanting to get information, but I saw this and I pretty much just laughed it off.

A nuclear device would have almost no need to be hooked up to an external power source. Considering the fact that most nukes would have some sort of battery system that would last a while.

Just thinking about it pretty much makes the story fall apart imo.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hello all,

Just wanted to add my two cents. I live in Sunnyside Queens and just got my power back. I can say with 100% certainty that this was not any sort of cover up to search for anything. 9 of the 22 major power runs that provide electricity to parts of Queens were overloaded and caught fire last week due to an excessive amount of power used during the extreme heat wave. Manhole covers were blowing off the roads and there were some fires. Some are still without power. Con Edison, the local energy provider, was caught very unprepared, so much so that as of today there were large groups of Red Cross workers passing out ice and fresh porduce on the streets. My local gorcery is still running via generator.

If this were a cover up, I can assure you that Con Edison would have saved itself the huge embarrassment and lawsuits by being prepared. My elevator just started working and I am glad because i live on the sixth floor of a 6 floor building.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join