It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOC) Armed and Dangerous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"So what's our situation?"

"The site is approximately twenty-five kilometers south of Denver, Colorado; General Braddock. Delta Team is approaching it now, composed of sixteen men in two Black Hawks. The choppers are armed with Hellfire missiles tonight, just in case."

"And the Delta team?"

"Conventional light arms, General, and wearing bio-hazard suits, of course. We don't know what we're dealing with yet, sir."

"I just want to be clear on this, Colonel Sacs. No direct engagement, unless I give the word. We don't want a repeat of what happened in Alaska. I don't want to have to explain that to the President again."

"I'm aware of that, sir. Delta is aware of that too."

"Good. Where are they now?"

"They're within fifteen kilometers of the field, and closing, sir. ETA approximately five minutes. I'll turn on the mike and we can listen in on the comm. channel."

"...strong reading on the infrared. The craft is in sight...scattered wreckage all over the place. Command, please advise. Over"

"Skycobra One, this is Command. Circle the craft in a holding pattern until you've made a threat assessment. Over."

"No .... of activity. Radia.... .. minimal. Command, ..... ....ing some interference on ... radio channel ....... ...ission to land at the crash site. Over."

"We did not copy that, Skycobra One. Please repeat. Over."

"Request ........ .. .... at site....no visible threat... .ver."

"Permission granted, Skycobra One. Update as soon as you're on the ground. Over."

"............................"

"Skycobra One, do you copy?"

"Skycobra One, do you copy?"

"Command, this is Delta Team. We're on the ground,...I repeat, we are on the ground.
The craft has been located."

"Describe the situation, Delta Team."

"It looks like the underside of the craft was blown out by something. Scorch marks are visible along the hull. Funny...I've seen this type of damage before."

"Please repeat, Delta."

"I said I've seen this kind of damage before. Hold on, we've found something here..."

"Command, this is Delta. We've recovered a used RPG launcher."

"Can you determine it's origin? Over."

"It appears to be older model - Warsaw pact design, the kind that's sold on the black market. Please advise, over."

"What about occupants? Have you located them?"

"Affirmative, we count six bodies in total. They're definitely humanoid, about four-and-a-half feet tall, and gray in color - our typical EBE's. I don't think we're the first to arrive, either. Over."

"Say again, Delta Team? Over."

"Someone's been here before us, Command. The bodies; they've already been dissected. Organs have definitely been removed by someone - whoever shot the craft down, I would guess."

"Is there any evidence as to who did this? Over."

"No idea. Wait a minute...we've found something else. Footprints. Command, we've found footprints in the field, next to the bodies. Over."

"Delta Team, did you just say you've found footprints? Over."

"Negative. I repeat, negative. They're not footprints: at least, not human footprints."

"Please explain, Delta. Over."

"Uh, you're not going to believe this, but these prints are fresh, and unmistakable. They appear to be...uh...cow prints."

"Did you say cow prints, Delta? Over."

"Affirmative. Cow prints. All around the craft, the RPG, the mutilated bodies; and more tracks leading away from the crash site. Looks to me like it was payback. Over."

"Command?"

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Flatwoods]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
LOL!
You've got yourself a nice little story here!
Nice joke too.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ah...bovine terrorists strike back.

well written

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Actually, I started out writing a completely different story - one about vampires - but it got so long, and so good, that I decided to spend some more time working on it, rather than try to make the deadline, and I may even end up submitting it to a paying horror magazine.

So for the contest, I decided to write this little story instead; it only took me an hour-and-a-half, and the word count comes in at just over 500, so it's within the rules.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Nicely done Flatwoods! Very evocative. In fact, it reminds me of a song from my university days, Cows with Guns. Link to the lyrics below. Again, well done and good luck in the challenge!

Cows with guns

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The more I read the more I realize I don't stand a chance in hell of being anywhere near the top of this competition. All the entries are great.

This was a good story, I laughed like crazy at the end.

wupy

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Don't count yourself out so soon, wupy. I liked "Why Doesn't it Hurt?"; it's got nice dialog and a strong ending. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You got me! I was expecting something more and more nefarious. You set the hook and reeled me in. Good job!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Now this was a great dialogue, that painted the picture for us and didn't really need the descriptives. Enjoyed it tremendously

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This was a fun contest. I'm glad I got the chance to participate!

top topics

join