It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the fuss about Masons?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I do have to say yes about some of the music out their is....well...evil. As you can see by the lyrics of heavy metal band SLAYER.

Some masons I'am sure like this band. The motto of freemasonry is,"To make good men better." But listening to this garbage how can it make a good man better.

www.sing365.com...

Oppression is the holy law
In God I distrust
In time His monuments will fall
Like ashes to dust
Is war and greed the masters plan?
The bible's where it all began
Its propaganda sells despair
And spreads the virus everywhere

Religion is hate
Religion is fear
Religion is war
Religion is rape
Religion's obscure
Religion's a whore

The pestilence is Jesus Christ
There never was a sacrifice
No man upon the crucifix
Beware the cult of purity
Infectious imbecility
I've made my choice. Six six six

Corruption breeds the pedohile
Don't pray for the priest
Confession finds the lonely child
God preys on the weak
You think your soul can still be saved
I think you're fu***** miles away
Scream out loud here's where you begin
Forgive me father for I have sinned

Religion is hate
Religion is fear
Religion is war
Religion is rape
Religion's obscure
Religion's a whore

The target's Fu***** Jesus Christ
I would've lead the sacrifice
And nailed him to the crucifix
Infectious imbecility

Jesus is pain
Jesus is gore
Jesus is the blood
That's spilled in war
He's everything
He's all things dead
He's pulling on the trigger
Pointed at your head

Through fear you're sold into the fraud
Revelation revolution
I see through your Christ Illusion

The war on terror just drags along
My war with God is growing strong
His propaganda sells despair
And spreads the violence everywhere

Religion is hate
Religion is fear
Religion is war
Religion is rape
Religion's obscure
Religion's a whore

There is no fu****' Jesus Christ
There never was a sacrifice
No man upon the crucifix
Infectious inbecility

Lets say a mason was helping my kid at the hospital. If I would know that he was into this kind of music. I would tell him kindly to leave/get lost. Sorry I can't understand how listening to this can make a good man better. Call me old fashioned but sorry I don't like this kind of stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As long as we are comparing lyrics Andy, consider Queensryche.

---

Spreading the Disease

"Religion and sex are power plays,
Manipulate the people for the money they pay.
Selling skin, selling God
The numbers look the same on their credit cards
Politicians say no to drugs
While we pay for wars in South America
Fighting fire with empty words
While the banks get fat and the poor stay poor
And the rich get rich and the cops get paid to look away
As the one percent rules America."

---

Revolution Calling

"Got no love for politicians / Or that crazy scene in D.C / It's just a power mad town / But the time is ripe for changes / There's a growing feeling / That taking a chance on a new kind of vision is due".

---
Patience, In Time These Truths Will Be Known

He awoke from a dream.
“Where am I?”
With his mind like a blank sheet of paper, he sat for hours staring at the television.
Maybe something would click.
A random news clip announces the successes of Xcide Pharmaceuticals—CLICK!

He remembered the killing. Oh, all the killing.
With no faith in humanity, no trust in society and the system, innocence is lost.
Is there meaning for such a worthless life?

The doctor, called X, said, “I will give you a mission! I will make you somebody!
I’ll show you a way into the INNER CIRCLE!”
But only morality would make him somebody.
Only morality would save him.

The church offered the prostitute Mary a way in with the promise of safety, love, and forgiveness. It was a lie.
Like a life on the street, abuse by others happens here too.

And like a flood—it begins.
All the memories.

“Kill the priest!” It was done but the satisfaction faded.
Need more, something more.
Revenge!
And the hunt began—to save his soul.

Revenge is an endless cycle of action and reaction with another.
To some, a worthy goal, but once attained, how would you feel? What then?
Would you finally have peace?

He and Mary had it all—but couldn’t see it.
True love for another is everything.

The fallout is addiction. Numb the pain.

Immersed in violence. A worthless life?
Numb the pain and sleep forever . . . ?

Listen.

---

www.queensryche.com...

[edit on 15-12-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Also consider "Fallen Angel"

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
I do have to say yes about some of the music out their is....well...evil. As you can see by the lyrics of heavy metal band SLAYER.

Some masons I'am sure like this band. The motto of freemasonry is,"To make good men better." But listening to this garbage how can it make a good man better.

lol...most Masons I know listen to Benny Goodman and Lawrence Welk.

Besides, I don't see how it's possile to quote Slayer, and then ask Freemasonry can make men better. Quite obviously, Slayer has nothing to do with Freemasonry, and vice versa.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

lol...most Masons I know listen to Benny Goodman and Lawrence Welk.

Besides, I don't see how it's possile to quote Slayer, and then ask Freemasonry can make men better. Quite obviously, Slayer has nothing to do with Freemasonry, and vice versa.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Masonic Light]

No wait his logic makes perfect sense. IF any mason anywhere at any time every listened to Slayer then every single one of us is evil evil evil.

Look at it as a ignorant, paranoid, delusional fearmonger with an agenda and it is perfectly clear

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The reason I put that song lyric on their is because I have been chatting with someone onling that is a mason. He's a 36 yr. old guy. The website is freemason pride.com. It's a cool website to get to know some new people. He stated that he was a christian man. I find it hard to believe that a christian person would listen to music like that. Call me old fashioned I guess. If I had someone lets say in the hospital. My kid for instance. And a mason was their helping. I some how found out that he listened to this kind of music. I would tell him to leave. That's just my opinion. I don't like that kind of music. But I know that not everyone listens to this kind of music. I know their are many great masons out thier. Who feel that this kind of music is just wrong. But if you like to listen to that it's cool. Just don't expect me to like. As I don't expect everyone to agree with me. This website forum is great. I really like to talk to you people on here. Thanks for the great insite into your great faternity. I hope everyone here had a great weekend.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for explaining. Many people who claim a faith do things counter to the tenets of that faith. I know christians who swear, lust, drink, etc.
I also know Brother Masons who do unmasonic things from time to time.
If we all did the things we were supposed to do and didnt do things we were not supposed to do we would need niether Religion or Masonry.

Although I do tend to judge a mans character by the whole body of his works and deeds it is wrong to judge his whole character on a single small percieved flaw.

Music is an art and art is a very subjective thing indeed. I like traditional Country music and and there are a lot of songs about cheating and infidelity, but that doesnt mean I am unfaithful to my Wife or want to be.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
True very true. I try not to judge either. Sometimes the things I write on here. I try not to be judgemental in my writting. But sometimes what I think isn't being judgemental is to some else. Sorry if you guys/gals thought I was being judgemental. I wasn't trying to be.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
Many people who claim a faith do things counter to the tenets of that faith. I know christians who ... drink...

With the exception of the skewed beliefs of fundamentalists...I'd be interested to know how having a drink is contrary to Christianity.

If I recall correctly Jesus DID turn water into WINE, right? and not Grapejuice?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I agree and I take an occasional drink my self and see nothing wrong with it but many christians feel it is wrong . Just as one mason does not speak for all masons, one christian should not speak for all christians (although some think they do).

[edit on 17-12-2006 by RWPBR]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

... every single one of us is evil evil evil.

So the masons are just a good christian organisation, huh.

RWPBR, What do you make of the MASONIC DOUBLE CROSS?

Side A

Side B

[edit on 17-12-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The masons are not a Christian organsisation nor are they Jewish, Buddist, Moslem or any other faith... but I suspect you already know that.

The cross is interesting I guess. It may serve to remind someone of his faith AND his mortality.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
RWPBR, What do you make of the MASONIC DOUBLE CROSS?

You found the cross here.

So some jewler sells something on eBay it's an authentic artifact that reveals some inner truth?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The masons are not a Christian organsisation ... but I suspect you already know that.

Yeah, I suspect lots of stuff.

So why would a christian belong to an organization, like the masons, that deny's Jesus Christ?

[edit on 17-12-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Masons dont deny Jesus Christ. They are not a religion or a religious organisation. There are many organisations out there that are secular. I belong to my local volunter fire department. Not once in 23 years have they ever mentioned Jesus at a meeting...Are they evil ? Am I a sinner for being a member ?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

So why would a christian belong to an organization, like the masons, that deny's Jesus Christ?

The Masons don't deny Jesus Christ. That is a matter of religion, and in Masonry, religious and political sectarianism and arguments are checked at the door.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Okay if religion is left at the door like you say masonic light. I dont understand then why is it called a masonic temple?www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Freemasonry has its own revelation.

Religion and revelation are correlative terms; that is the relation in which man places himself to deity in religion, presupposes the relation in which deity has placed himself to man in revelation, so there can be no religion without a revelation, either genuine or spurious, upon which it is based.

Masonry has its own temples.

A temple is an edifice erected and set apart in honor of some deity and used for his service and worship. In every prominent city of our land there is found a building which is called the Masonic Temple, erected and dedicated to the service and worship of the Great Architect of the Universe, the Masonic deity. These buildings in their arrangements and design are peculiar to Masonry.

Freemasonry has its altars.

An altar is a table or pedestal upon which gifts and sacrifices are offered to some deity, and at which supplication and solemn covenants are made. It is especially a mark of religion, an evidence of religious service and worship. In sacred edifices it marks the "holy place" and is generally so situated that it is visible from all points in the sanctuary. The Masonic altar stands in the center of the lodge indicating that the religious acts there performed are the central things in the Masonic religious system.

Masonry has its religious symbols and emblems.

"An emblem comprises a larger series of thought than a symbol which may be said rather to illustrate some single special idea. All esoteric societies have made use of emblems and symbols, such as the Pythagorean Society, the Eleusinians, the Hermetic Brethren of Egypt, the Rosicrucians and the Freemasons. Many of these emblems it is not proper to divulge to the general eye, and a very minute difference may make an emblem or symbol differ widely in its meaning."

It has its confession of faith

there is an objective and unique faith in the Masonic system. The reception, acceptance and belief of that faith makes men Masons. The confession thereof marks them as Masons. The rule of that faith is the universe. The moral and religious truths which Masons profess to discern in, and derive from the book of nature, constitute the objective faith of Masonry.

That objective faith it sets forth in allegory and symbol, but keeping it deeply veiled. Its symbols, rightly understood and Masonically interpreted, set forth that faith, and that faith accepted by an individual makes him a Mason. To this creed or faith Masonry requires assent from every one who would pass the threshold of its lodge. In this it is inexorable.

Masonry has its own priests.

A priest is a religious official, whose duty is to perform specific religious acts. Masonry has its priests of various degrees. "The master of the lodge is its priest."

The religion administered by these religious officials is Masonry.

It can not be anything else. The prayers are those provided by Masonic authorities; they are couched in unmistakable Masonic language and they express decidedly Masonic sentiment. The hymns are Masonic, and the scripture passages read are expurgated of all Christian sentiment, so as to make them Masonic. Such passages are taken with slight but necessary modification, says Mackey. The modification is necessary in order to make them agree in sentiment with the Masonic religion.

Masonry has its own peculiar religious forms.

Religious Ceremonies Are Proofs of Religion. They are the outward forms in which the inner life or the religious sentiment finds expression. As such they signify and mean something. In some cases impressive and elaborate ceremonies are employed to inspire the devotee with awe, to impress him with the solemnity of the transaction, and to intensify his sense of obligation and duty to deity, and to his fellowmen. Without some form of ceremony, religion would be useless. Rites and ceremonies from the very nature of the religious notions are essential to its power and influence over man. A purely abstract religion can not exist. To be effectual religion must be presented in a concrete form, in befitting and expressive ceremony.

It must be evident to the most indifferent observer that Freemasonry has its own and peculiar religious rites, services and ceremonies. These are the "forms of words" and "the forms of needs" in the institution. They are designed and used on the one hand, to impress profoundly the candidate for initiation, and on the other to strengthen the Mason in his peculiar faith. These ceremonies are the outward signs of a distinct inward religious life, which is Masonry.

Masonry has its authorized rituals or book of forms.

A ritual is a book containing a prescribed order or form for religious services. Rituals are external marks and evidences of the exercise of religion. Masonry has its authorized rituals and forms of service. They are in evidence in the lodge room, and in their public services, such as dedications, installations, and burials.

In the rituals these services are prescribed and the details indicated by appropriate rules. This stamps Masonry as religion, as much as the die stamps the precious metal as coin.

Masonry is the most ritualistic of all secret religions. It has its forms for everything, initiations in the various degrees, dedications of public buildings, either civil or Masonic, laying of corner stones, installations, burials, baptisms for infants and youths, and what not. And these prescribed forms are faithfully adhered to. No departure from them is permissible. These rituals are necessary in order to prevent this Masonic religion from becoming corrupted by omissions or additions, for every ceremony must be "in due form."

It has its own peculiar worship.

The members of the Masonic fraternity exercise themselves in their Masonic religion according to the forms of service prescribed by the order. They take part in these services, and do it heartily. They are as devout and reverent in the lodge, as is the Christian in his worship in the sanctuary. There are set prayers, distinctively Masonic, which are solemnly and reverently said.

Freemasonry has its own distinctive deity whom it worships and adores.

Freemasonry professes to have in its possession a correct knowledge of the Great Architect of the Universe who in its view is the trueGod

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Andy Warhol]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Okay if religion is left at the door like you say masonic light. I dont understand then why is it called a masonic temple?

Freemasonry has its own revelation.*SNIP*

Why are you compelled to plagiarise your post from here?

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sorry my bad. I forgot to put the link up thanks. I'am just curious. I have seen a few pictures inside a masonic lodge. It just looks like it's a religion. Can anyone answer the question though. You guys say it's not a religion. But it looks like it to me. Hey I could be wrong. And if I'am I will say so. I will go back and edit and put the link in the post.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hello Friends,

Interesting post Andy...Thanks. I also dig the cross with the Grimm Reaper on the back, I have something very similar hanging from my rear view mirror
I think about it daily.

Oh, did I mention I love you guys like brothers?

Kindest regards

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join