It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transfer Payments & MNC's: Keeping the Poor Down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My purpose of this thread is to discuss Transfer Payments & MNC's and whether they are helping those involved or simply keeping them poor?

An unemployed, single mother obviously needs some sort of income, so our government issues these transfer payments to keep them alive. Yet they still remain poor, and aren't really getting by. An MNC comes into a poverty stricken society and offers them next to nothing for wages to do their dirty work. The corporation is happy to offer the wage and the individuals are happy to recieve it, since well it is better than nothing. But is it?

Looking at the crime aspect of it, maybe it is better since there is a strong possibility that the individuals would resort to crime if they did not have these transfer payments or MNC's to fall back on for income. But aside from that it appears that these do nothing more than keep the poor poor.

In my area, most families recieving these cheques are choosing not to work and simply live off of this income. Its not enough to get by but it does the trick since they don't have to work. My thought was if you remove this cheque then you cut off the resource to this family and offer them the choice: Starve or Go to Work. Seems harsh, but would it work?

These poverty stricken societies that are dying by the day even with the MNC, would they be better off without these wages? Without this company they would be forced to find an alernative, you would be taught to strive for better and not to simply conform.

The idea of this is very harsh, people would die but think, in 50 years would everyone be better off? Teach individuals to always strive for more, realize their potential and not be satisfied with the slim pickens they are recieving today.

A family living off of Transfer payments today is living well below the poverty line, and it doesn't have to be said the state of life for people working in third world countries for MNC's. So are they really better off with the way things are?

Nobody said change was easy, but in the long run I think things would be better.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am not familiar with this transfer payments.

Do you have a link for me to better understand this issue before posting?

At least I can give my opinion . . . While I feel that is many families that need and deserve aid it has never been a clear line of what is actually the purpose to the aid.

I feel that more money should be use to train and prepare people so they could be able to find better pay jobs.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Transfer Payments are simply assistance from the government.

Money given by the government to its citizens. Examples include unemployment compensation, welfare and disability payments.

www.stanlake.co.uk/recruitment-candidates/recruitment-glossary.php

Now fire away!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Occurs people in need in this country deserve to be help for their need . . . after all big corporations in America pay lobbyist millions of dollars to screw us over with laws and regulations in their favor and outsourcing jobs that used to be the media income of what is now the growing poor middle class.

The least thing our pay off government can do is give away to the ones in need.

Occurs is always the ones that will abuse the system. . . but trust me the systems needs abuse once in a while.

Sometimes I feel that our nations care of the needy is not enough.

Why spend millions and billions in stupidity when we have children in our nation that still goes hungry at night.

I always feel that one of the most shameful things going on in a nation of plenty like ours is how society has fail the many people and has help perpetuate their poverty.

But is always the few that take advantage and get ahead with the scraps that the government offer and do something to improve themselves.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
...but trust me the systems needs abuse once in a while.

You're kidding, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

...but trust me the systems needs abuse once in a while.

You're kidding, right?

Why Grady . . . you don't think that our own government has screw us already while supporting the outsourcing of jobs and taking away what used to be the great working class in America? the one that help build this country to what is now.

Where are they . . . they are now collecting government aid to help feed their families.

Or just taking jobs at wal-mart.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Why spend millions and billions in stupidity when we have children in our nation that still goes hungry at night.

I agree 100%. But even with these payments they are going to bed hungry, our system is being raped by these individuals and yet the little they are given goes up in flames. The children are the victims here.

But is always the few that take advantage and get ahead with the scraps that the government offer and do something to improve themselves.

I can't imagine how miniscule this group is compared to the latter.

Its tough to think of taking what little scraps we already give to those who desperately need it, but again I ask, would those in that situation be better off in the future if we cut off this resource from them? Force them to make a change in their life, don't satisfy for the slim pickens they are offered.

The transfer payments these people are given, are only enough to slowly starve. So the alternative is to starve quicker or turn everything around for yourself and family.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
The transfer payments these people are given, are only enough to slowly starve. So the alternative is to starve quicker or turn everything around for yourself and family.

Yes but the idea of the government aid programs is to be shared by religious organizations and social groups.

That is the intention all alone so as to take away some of the burden the government have.

You know that many religious organizations receive funds to help with the community.

I also agree that is no the intention of the government to help get people away from poverty but many social programs in the community help with job assistance, day care and even training.

Many people do not take advantage of these community programs, occurs most of them are run by religious groups.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What are your opinions on third world countries being raped by MNC's. Are the small wages they recieve really better than nothing at all? Nothing will change as long as they are fed these small portions, if they had nothing people would be screaming they need help. When they have these wages its simple to shrug them off and say it could be worse, yet they still starve.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This thread has been asleep for a few weeks, I would like to inject alittle life in it.

The question I proposed above, I ask again.

MNC's over in third world countries are offering next to nothing in wages. They take cheap labour, and the civilians are happy to take the pay. Problem is this is keeping them poor and they will have no hope of turning this around.

Can we even consider the small wages better than nothing?

They have to spent a large portion of their day slaving to make pennies. If they took them hours and put them towards learning basic resources, it is possible things to turn around for them. Things are far worse than the MNC's themselves, government corruption is rampant.

But I do believe it would be a start.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
keep 'em poor..that is the plan...give them just enough not to help them but to keep them in the poverty that they are in. help keep the masses dependant on the govt...when you are to worried and pre-occupied with day to day survival...what do you care about what is going on in korea, iraq, indonessia, AFRICA or AMERIKA...JUST GIVE ME MY HAND-OUT AND I'LL SHUT UP....

no matter how 'radical', left or right, religious or spiritual...we all still bow down to the REAL GOD in our lives...the ONE TRUE GOD......the god that has ruined a once good nation...that GOD is MONEY....................the god, given strength by those who DO have it....

AMERIKA can spend hundreds of millions a month in iraq..but how much to help its own people????

huh.........

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Allow me to pass the message on, Huh?

Where does religion fit into MNC's or Transfer Payments? Why is Iraq in question here?

I do agree that by keeping people focused on survival, it keeps their mind off of everything else. But were not looking to point fingers, were looking towards solutions.

We can all make fairly good assumptions at who is to blame, prevention and cures are what I am looking to discuss.

top topics

join