It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wales UFO Crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I remember stories about a supposed crash in wales a very long time ago, my parents spoke about there being lights seen over the river Mersey the night before which the RAF said where flares, However my parents and neighbor's used to recount the night, they said it started out as a huge light hovering over Liverpool, it was joined soon after it was seen by a further two lights and took off towards the irish sea,

I used to sit and listen for hours about those stories, how people would play tricks on each other for weeks afterwards by sticking things on sticks and tapping on windows to scare folk,

I believe what i heard at the time but i cant say for sure if the wales crash was real, however the sightings over the Mersey area where true, but again if it was ET i know not.

Thank you for reminding me OP

WOW i have just noticed the age of this thread, the reappearance of this is so timely to me.

[edit on 24/3/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

I heard they are going to release the files also thesaint, unfortunately i don't know when but will be soon i hear, did you go to the crash location?
or ask any locals? From what i heard the locals are split down the middle about the crash, some accepted the report about a Helicopter crash, others who saw it disagreed, still very interesting to see what comes in the file,

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Ok im reviving an old thread. Purely because i was within this area of wales today and suddenly remembered it being discussed upon here. I have noticed the MOD are supposedly releasing files on this incident sometime 2008. Well we are now in 2008 so anyone any idea when or where i will find these??

British MoD is to release 160 UFOs files: maybe this case file will be released in that contest.
There are two threads by IsaacKoi about it:

Now Britain is to release UFO files

Britain to release 160 UFO files (update)

The first tranche of documents are expected to be released during spring 2008.

[edit on 25/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude
Yet another UFO crash. This one is for you English people out there.

ufocasebook.com...

"A nurse who lived fairly near the impact sight came forward with an amazing account. She told a local newspaper that a UFO the "size of the Albert Hall," had crashed into the Berwyn Mountains, and in the process, threw debris and bodies over a mile from the epicenter.

If this case was true, then you would imagine that there would still be recoverable debris. It's not like Roswell where it happened in an low populated, open 'desert like' landscape - making a clean up job viable.

In anycase, when the UK disclose all their UFO files soon, I'm sure there will be a hint of something happening there.. but not the whole story (if there is indeed any truth to it).

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The reason i took an interest in this particular incident was that as a child i heard stories of this. I am from Liverpool so obviously heard tales about the impact supposedly being heard over in Liverpool.

That to me was just a fairy tale until a few years ago. Whilst i was in the Army my Sergeant Major made a comment of this incident and how he was involved. He wouldnt say too much apart from he was a young soldier at the time but was "Crashed" out that night to take part in the clear up. This i have mentioned upon ATS. If it be true what he said i honestly wouldnt know.

I would like to locate the supposed exact spot. Wales being less than an hour away means i can visit this site quite easily. If anyone knows of the exact location i would be grateful

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cammo Dude

Um, this story is completely true. My friend mum was the nurse who was told to attend the scene, onlky to be ordered back. My friend and her sister were in the car. Everyone in the area knew it was a 'UFO', there is no doubt. Some men from the government turned up doing tests on the ground etc. The big question is, did they actually find any aliens??

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
New UFO witness reopens 1970s mystery of the 'Welsh Roswell'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

No new details came out in May of this year when lots of other UK MoD documents came out. this is all new from gamekeeper, Geraint Edwards, of Llandderfel, Denbighshire. he says he saw a flying saucer three weeks after a large crash heard in the villages of Llandrillo and Llandderfel, near Corwen.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

hi all just thought id let some light on the reported ufo crash on the berwyn mountain,firstly i have no intrest 0f ufo s at all and i just found this site by accident after a comment that came to me this week,ill try to explain....firstly if i look out of my kitchen window i can see the berwyn,im english been here about 3 years ,story starts about 1 year ago whilst driving from wrexham to corwen along the b4310 around 9ish pm the berwyn mountains are on my left my family was in the car ,we came across a selection of lights on top edge of the mountain now firstly i thought that it was off road motorbikes as ive been up there myself on my bike anyway my 14 year old son said that the lights was still on the top edge of mountain a futher two miles up the road and we was doing about 60 -75 mph,i know it cant be a bike as its just not possible to as the paths over the top are just to small ,so we stopped and looked,there was around 7 to ten lights best described as motor bike head lights that were stationery but off the ground about 20 feet they then shot off along the head land a a speed i have not seen before ,like 0 -100 then gone not into the sky just along the top back towards horse shoe pass,so i just set off back towards corwen,againdoing about 75 ish as i approached a place called bryneglewys the lights passed us again on the head land this realy shocked me this time so i realy booted my car up to 100mph they stayed with us and then just as i was coming to corwen they went over the back of bryneg mountain i turned of the road to my house and that was that,until this week ,im a builder and after nearly 3 years am just starting to work around here im working on a remote farm that sits on the side of the bryneg mountain,i just got chatting to the farmers son and the subject came up about my light sightings and it all came out about the ufo crash i thought he was taking the mick out of me thats why i looked it up and found this site apperently this farmer and his sons was taken away by the army that night the because they went to this crash, they were sworn to secracy and paid to keep it shut,he told me about the army dropping troops off from raf anglesy and how the area was secured he also said that the area has a heavy plane presence and when the story came out it was not the truth that went into the papers ,you see i have been thinking he was taking the mick out of me so i aint realy taken that much notice i never heard of any ufo crash so im a bit blind to all this thats why i never botherd about them lights i saw,im going back there next week ill find out more and post and in the mean time if anyone wants to see some strange things in the sky get yourselve down to corwen as this place is full of stuff in the sky ive seen other things and thought nothing of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Interesting, can't wait to find out more!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The national archives reference number for the documentation covering the Berwyn incident is AIR 2/19083.

A BBC local information web guide quotes a snippet of some of the information contained within: www.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 25-11-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you want an A3 printed copy of the national Archives document it will cost £36.00+P&P.

I havent found the online version of this document yet, as far as I can tell the online viewable documents only go up to the year of 1957.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SabbyJ

Sabby from memory Brawdy was until the Cold War peace dividend a USA nuke strike base. If it's the same base in Pembrokeshire (Dyfed in Welsh) then it's probable that the UFOs were taking an interest in the human beings new ability to destroy themselves. The base is in the most westrly place in Wales, lots of standing stones around there that predate American involvement in the peninsula.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
WHy is it these UFOs crash so much if their aliens? In the 40 years of the human space program weve had two shuttles bite dirt. But these aliens just seem to crash all the time..you'd think with their super advanced technology theyd be better pilots..

OR

These crashes arent alien in nature.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ressurecting a dead thread here, but two things I have to add:

1. Wales is not a part of England. It's like saying Canada is a part of the USA. They are separate countries within the United Kingdom. To Welsh people like myself, getting this wrong is at best ignorant and at worst offensive.

2. Referring to anecdotal evidence only, this is one of those stories that has suffered from a "Chinese whispers" effect among Welsh folklore, with each re-telling tempered by the bias of the opinion of the person saying it. For each person who recalls it as a UFO sighting and crash, there's another who recalls it as only an earthquake, and another as a meteor strike. Consensus of opinion is rare I'm afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join