It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic Shows ACTUAL Mason Ceremony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Holy crap, ive never seen anything like this. On National Geographic Presents, a Free mason special ACTUAL footage of a masonic ceremony.

Find this special! Its unbeliveable!

VM

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoodooMaster
Holy crap, ive never seen anything like this. On National Geographic Presents, a Free mason special ACTUAL footage of a masonic ceremony.

Find this special! Its unbeliveable!

VM

The show you're talking about, called "Secrets of the Freemasons", is not actual footage of a Masonic ceremony. It's a recreation filmed by non-Masons, using various supposed exposures of Masonic ritual. These things come on all the time on A&E and the History Channel too.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If you want to see a real masonic ceremony all you have to do is ask!

www.wrprovince.co.uk...

We're not a secret scociety y'know

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I see.

Strange how they said that it was NOT a recreation. Damn national geographic with their false advertising and their makeout parties

Sorry guys. Guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I also watched NG last night. But that was about the History of the Knight Templars wich developed into the Freemasons over the centuries. The Templars were in Jerusalem for centuries. They had many enemies and were finally forbidden in the 14 century.
150 years after being thus banned there were made a church in Scotland (I think) wich was made after the Temple in Jerusalem, and not as a normal church. This church/temple have writings and symbols all over it that shows it must have been build by the Templars. And since these symbols also are among Freemasons it is assumed the Freemasons are the last remnants of the Templars.

Because of the way the Templars lived;

their members did not own anything but gave all to the Templar fellowship, this is the way Jesus lived, or so church historicans tells us.

they honored 'Mary' (wich Mary?) and I belive this is because the jews honor Her, wich I do not know the name of, if she even HAVE a name. The reason christians don't honor Her is because jews do not talk about her and thus christians worship only one god in stead of two. The templars I think mistook Her for Mary.

the Templars was aparently wiewed as 'heaten' by other christians, and therefore I belive the Templars were not christians.

Because of all this I think the Templars were following the non-rabbinic judaism that the first 'christians' did the first 75 years in this new 'religion'. The likeness between the way Jesus lived and the Templars is just too strong to ignore.
When it comes to Freemasons they are a degenerated version of templars as they are clearly normal christians rather than following Jesus' version of judaism. Thats my opinion/impression anyway..

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
When it comes to Freemasons they are a degenerated version of templars as they are clearly normal christians rather than following Jesus' version of judaism. Thats my opinion/impression anyway..

I like your choice of the word "degenerated".
It should make a few eyebrows smile..

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
If you want to see a real masonic ceremony all you have to do is ask!

www.wrprovince.co.uk...

We're not a secret scociety y'know

honestly, what degree are you, I've noticed your post, always defending them, but I find it highly unlikely the a high ranking mason would be posting on these boards.

What is the point in have 33 degrees, 'or levels of knowledge' if the lowest ranking members consistently maintain that it is simply a charitable, spiritual experience.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
honestly, what degree are you...

Are you referring to Craft masonry, or to side orders too?

I am a Past Master in my Craft lodge, and also a Royal Arch Mason.

I've noticed your post, always defending them, but I find it highly unlikely the a high ranking mason would be posting on these boards.

If you have been following what I and others have been posting you would know that ALL freemasons on this board have consistently maintained that the phrase 'high ranking' is meaningless. I expounded on this in more detail on another thread and you are welcome to go looking for it.

I do agree with you though that freemasons who hold executive office would be hard pressed to find the time to commit to their masonic duties AND post on the internet. Although to be fair most Grand Officers and active 'chain gang' freemasons are older people and on average less familiar with the technology, although that is changing.

What is the point in have 33 degrees, 'or levels of knowledge' if the lowest ranking members consistently maintain that it is simply a charitable, spiritual experience.

You are referring to the Scottish Rite, which in its American form is not practiced in the UK. Its equivalent in the UK is the Ancient & Accepted Rite, known colloquially as Rose Croix, but this is very much a minority side order in masonic terms. I think you are getting confused, in common with many others, that the degree number is somehow significant. The Rite of Memphis/Misraim has 97 degrees - would I be higher ranking if I achieved a higher degree number in M&M than that in A&A? It's comparing apples and oranges.

Freemasonry is a social, spiritual and educational experience; in line with our tenets of friendship, charity and integrity. All freemasons understand this perfectly well, and the additional lessons taught in the Side Orders serve to deepen that experience. Would you say that the Bible is enough for a Christian, or ought he to study a condordance, read the Apocrypha and seriously address himself to the geography and history of Palestine in the time of Christ?

The 'point' of Side Orders is to allow those who are interested to deepen their knowledge of freemasonry, engage in more ritual, meet more people and sometimes (regretfully) collect more badges. You would need to be a freemason and have experienced the extraordinary fellowship in a lodge to truly appreciate why people might like more of the same.

The purpose of posting the video link is to let people see for themselves what goes on in an (English) lodge, and to put the lie to the notion that we are secretive. If people have preconceived ideas of freemasonry beyond that, I'm sure that there's very little I can do to persuade them otherwise.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Trinityman]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The instilation ceremony filmed for National Geography can offen is a public cerimaoney in North carolina.

In our lodge it is the decision of the master elect as to wheather to have an open or a closed intilation. The ceremony is the same in either case. At my instilation we had the local news paper photographer present, with no resriction on his photos.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student
The instilation ceremony filmed for National Geography can offen is a public cerimaoney in North carolina.

Ah, ok, I thought he meant degree work. I've seen recreations by non-Masons on TV. The installation ceremony is public in my jurisdiction also.

Originally posted by Peyres
honestly, what degree are you, I've noticed your post, always defending them, but I find it highly unlikely the a high ranking mason would be posting on these boards.

What degree a member holds, outside of Master Mason, has nothing to do with rank. And many Masons find posting on Internet boards both entertaining and informative.

The 33 degrees refer to the Scottish Rite only. Other Masonic Rites have differing numbers of degrees. There aren't any "low ranking members". Every Master Mason is a full member of the fraternity, with equal right, privileges, and duties.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi Guys

I've seen that show a couple of times and I do believe it was an Installation of the officers not a recreation. My lodge has open installations as well and it's nice to be able to share this with our families (and even the public).

My favorite line is when one of the brothers says that "Freemasonry is as Scotish as Whiskey"

Cory

top topics

join