It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Titanic an Insurance scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know if this was the right thread but...

I am sitting in the Denver airport listening to two men discuss a book one of them wrote.

In that book he states that the sinking of the Titantic was an insurance scam. The Titanic's sister ship was the Olympia and that was actually the ship that went down that night. The Titanic was made to look like the Olympia in this ruse and was supposed to be standing by the site of the sinking but was unable to. The eventual loss of life was an accident.

The reason he puts forward? Company losses. He sank the ship for the cash to keep the company afloat ( no pun intended.)

The mans name was John Stiley. I will research and put his book up for all to see.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Could well of been but this is the wrong place for this m8,Don't worry though I'm sure a mod will move it

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was watching a program on this a while back and if my memory is right alot of research went into the matter to see if it was possable for such a scam to occur and the main point which proved it was not an insurance scam was somthing to do with the propellers on the boat when the were recoverd they were definatly from the Titanic and not the Olympia i remember it was somthing to do with identification numbers and the fact their was no way the propellers could have been changed over as the Olympias props wouldnt have fitted on the Titanic as i say this program was some time back so im only 90% sure of the facts but i hope i helped in someway.

[edit on 24/7/2006 by Trancer]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just as 911 was *partly* an insurance scam. Ask Larry Silverstein. This stuff goes on all the time. All part of life. I wouldn't worry about it..

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sorry the last picture is small and hard to see the Promenade deck but in my opinion it looks like it is the Titanic.

The Olympic was in service before Titanic was completed; it was learned that first-class passengers on the promenade would sometimes get wet from the spray caused by the bow. So the forward First Class section of the Promenade deck of the Titanic was enclosed, but the Olympic was not enclosed. This row of windows is the easiest way to quickly discern the ships.

Click here to watch The-Titanic-leaving-the-Thomson-Loughs footage from 1912, New York, Halifax, & Carpathia.
I think the ship in this move is the Olympic, because of the open Promenade deck.
But who am I to say

The Titanic the ship that never sank Torrent file

[edit on 22/9/2006 by Sauron]

top topics

join