It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handwritten letter from Saddam Hussein to Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.albasrah.net

Handwritten letter from President Saddam Hussein to the American people. 7 July 2006.

In the name of God, the Merciful, the Mercy-giving.

“And among the Believers are men who are true to that which they pledged to God. Some of them have fulfilled their pledge by death and some of them still are waiting and they have not altered in the least. That God may reward the true men for their truth and punish the hypocrites if He will, or relent towards them, for God is forgiving, merciful. And God repulsed the infidels for their wrath. They gained no good. God averted their attack from the Believers. God is strong, mighty.” [Qur’an 33:23-25].

To the American people:

Peace upon those who believe in peace and desire it, and the mercy of God and His blessings.

I address you in this letter from the place of my confinement, as my attempt on the basis of my moral, human, and constitutional responsibility so that no one among you might say that no one came to us with a message of peace after the war began, refuting the arguments for it and desiring peace for you and for our upright, loyal, heroic people. And as I say this, I do no know whether my brothers and comrades who are leading the Resistance outside the prison have come to you with a letter before or not. That is because the “democracy” of your leaders has prevented me since my arrest and until now from getting newspapers and magazines or hearing radio and television and has isolated me from the world and has isolated the world from me so that I might not hear or see anything from outside my place of confinement.

Is this the true face of democracy and human rights that they advocate outside America!? Or have your rulers lied about it? This includes the killing of people in prisons and jails, some of them by means of the pistols of the American investigators. Or has all of this along with other details that would turn an attentive person’s hair white been concealed from you by your officials such that you do not know the truth!?

Anyway, I address you with this letter of mine in the hope that it will reach you and that you will hear it or read it. And on the basis of my responsibility to bring the facts before people, whatever their color or nationality, for that is our duty to them, just as they have a duty to us not to accept evil.

read the rest here:

www.albasrah.net.../en_articles_2006/0706/president-saddam_190706.htm

So what do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Pathetic. The idiot thinks he is still relevant. His ego knows no bounds.
He's a sick old man living in corner of his mind that he has created.
I don't think you'll find many (if any) Americans who give a rats back-end
what that man thinks or says. Hey .. perhaps Katie Couric ..

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Actually, I found it quite a good read. Seems he still was sane when he wrote it, who knows now. Also, many of the points ne makes are echoed here on ATS over and over again...not by all, and I know FlyersFan, not by you, but by many others.

I don't like the man, don't get me wrong, but he does make some good, and I feel, truthfull points.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Actually, I found it quite a good read. Seems he still was sane when he wrote it, who knows now. Also, many of the points ne makes are echoed here on ATS over and over again...not by all, and I know FlyersFan, not by you, but by many others.

I don't like the man, don't get me wrong, but he does make some good, and I feel, truthfull points.

I was thinking the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
he does make some good, and I feel, truthfull points.

Saddam the madman wouldn't know the truth if he fell over it ... and he is
addicted to lies. But ... believe him if you wish. BTW ... sens stink!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is a good letter.
He has a lot of valid points.

I think he paints himself as a fair and just man a little bit too much,
but it is correct in terms of American standing.

We are already seeing america's ruling ability through force is disolving.
Nkorea and Iran are both activley going against the US's hardline approach, and with what response as yet ?

No one respects the American president, he is a joke to most of the world.
And rightly so, look at these IQ scores

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald Ford (R)
175 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald Reagan (R)
099 George HW Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
091 George W. Bush (R)

I mean bush has failed to even justify his claims of WMD's.

I believe Saddam with his shady past, and bad deeds internally, would of been an ALLY in the ME war that is coming up.

He hates Iran just as much as the US, SAddam allowed western influence in his country, he went into kuwaitt after believing the US gave him a green light.
HE would of been america's ALLY in the region, against IRAN.
Now, majority of the middleast face the consequence of IRAN becoming the ruling faction in the ME, something I think they dont want.

This was a good move by Saddam, releasing this letter.
I would LOVE to see a hand written letter by GW Bush rebutting this letter?
but sadly enough, it would surely just decrease the respect and standing of the US

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

join