It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granny's Close Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So, my grandmother was visiting this weekend and we happened upon a UFO show on tv. Amazingly, she started telling me about a sighting she and my grandfather had in the mid-70's. The lady is closing in on 80 years and this is the first time she's telling me about this! Go figure!
Anyway, this happened in Central Florida......they were standing in their front yard visiting with some friends that had stopped by. Apparently, they all viewed a golden cigar-shaped craft with some type of windows on the side pass directly over their home.
Here's the interesting part.....she said it was flanked by military choppers who were flying low enough with this craft that they could feel the wind from the blades.
I questioned her about it being a possible blimp and she was positive that it was not!

Just thought I would share this......

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Citizens in the shadows, as always. Thanks for sharing this one.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow! That is pretty amazing!

Youd be surprised just how many people have seen UFOs. Just bring up the subject, and you will find that people you think would never have any interest in such a thing will tell you about some very strange things in their past.

My grandma and aunts told me about a UFO sighting back before I was born. I was rather shocked. Grandma was the last person Id expect to hear this from!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
She also had a very wierd time-shift experience (for lack of a better description) she told me about on the same day!! I didn't post it on the same thread since it was not ufo/alien related!
I also didn't want to tell it for fear that someone would question her truthfulness and integrity.....I would surely be banned from ATS if that happened!!

It's strange how watching a ufo show with your grandma can open up a wealth of information that would otherwise be "inappropriate/alternative" conversation.....

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And you thought all us grandma's were boring old people, lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
It's strange how watching a ufo show with your grandma can open up a wealth of information that would otherwise be "inappropriate/alternative" conversation.....

Thanks for the share sdp333

Perhaps this thread will inspire others to incite similar discourse with/from their elders.

Our history is replete with similar situations, sightings and circumstances.

What better way to gain insight than to query those who may have experienced and/or encountered such.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
When my mother,myself, and the lady she lived with were watching UFO files on the history channel one day, the lady, Patty, who I never suspected as knowing anything about UFOs shared a story of a friend of hers who had a kid that was having abduction experiences. REALLY weird, especially cuz I knew the kid.

My grandmother told me of an incident back when they lived in East San Jose. A bright, blinding light filled the house, and there was a humming sound. Since it was about the mid-60's and the cold war was in full swing, they were convinced either the Russiand had dropped a nuke, or it was the end of the world. The light filled the house and was so brihgt they had to feel their way around. It ;asted what seemed to be five minutes, the shut off as abruptly as it came. My grandmother went outside, and half the neighborhood were outside as well, still in their pajamas. The cops showed up cuz a bunch of people had called to report a very bright light, or a strange, low flying.........thing, depending on where they were at. Funny thing was, when my grandma looked at the clock in the house, it was not working. One neighbor had an old wind up clock, and my granny found that over 45 minutes had passed.

The next day, an military guy showed up, knocking on doors and asking the neighbors for descriptions of the incident. They were polite enough, but didnt say anything about it, just gathered data. Then they left, and nothing more was heard about the incident.

When I asked mom about it, she told me the same thing, and said it scared her badly. She was only about 12 at the time. My aunts all remember it, but they are of a heavy Christian belief, and most of them believe it was angels.

I think otherwise.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You have to take into account that many of us oldies were brought up differently. When we were little many families didn't even have a TV. If you were lucky to have one you watched shows like Howdy Doody, Sally Star , Chief Halftown. Families never talked about this at least where I lived. I know I was about 44 years old when I saw my first alien documentary show on TV I had no clue anyone knew. I never knew people did all the stuff they did in the fifties and sixties and so on.

When your older and you see or hear something you tend to take it in but not talk about what happened to you for fear that people will think you are crazy. I know I have been called crazy, stupid, moron. Maybe now you will understand why some of the old folk stay quiet.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is fascinating, because it is the SECOND time I have heard cigar craft connected with the 70s.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I seriously broached the subject of UFOs to my Father and his Cousin ( my 2nd cousin) several months ago and both of them , who are in their 60's took it seriously and my Cousin told of a UFO sighting he had in the local area when he was in his twenties.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
That is awesome! I wonder what its purpose is.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
During the time we lived in rural Australia, my father had a close friend with an unusual occupation which required him to live alone in the bush for two weeks at a time. He would spend a weekend with his family and return to the bush again. He'd been doing the same job for most of his life. Not everyone was suited it. Some quit after only a few weeks or months because they couldn't stand the isolation and solitude. Those who drank were useless at the job. So were those with average or above-average imagination -- they simply scared themselves half to death.

During the weeks he spent alone in the bush, my father's friend 'Dan' had a routine he seldom varied: he set up camp near water; commenced work at daybreak; returned to camp towards sunset; washed, lit his fire, cooked his food and retired early. He moved camp when required to work on another area, but his routine remained the same. He believed that adhering to routines was the secret to living alone in isolation for extended periods. He didn't drink, apart from a beer or two during the time he spent with his family. He had a quiet, humorous manner and was calm in a crisis. He listened more than he spoke. He was good to his family and friends; was a good neighbour and citizen. Most of all, he was extremely ordinary. My father always described him as sane as a judge and the sort of man you could rely on in times of trouble (Dan was middle-aged).

Dan told my father that a month or so earlier, he'd had an experience that continued to puzzle him. He hadn't told a soul, he said, but needed to discuss it with someone. He swore my father to secrecy.

Dan said he'd returned to his camp around sunset, lit his fire, ate his meal etc. and then wandered down to the creek to wash his pots and pans and himself before retiring for the night. It was dark by this time. On his way back through the bush to his camp, he briefly saw (through the trees) unusual light patterns in vicinity of his camp. He observed for a while and decided it wasn't the usual flickering of his campfire. So, leaving the pots on the ground, he bent low and began approaching his camp from a different direction to the one he usually took. Circling slowly and quietly through the bush in the darkness, he arrived near his camp. He crouched down low and observed the situation. In the light from the campfire, he saw 'men' -- 3 or more -- going through his belongings. They were fast and silent. Some were in the tent while others examined stuff around the camp. In the firelight, their shadows looked tall.

When asked about their appearance, Dan replied to my father: ' They didn't look as they came from around here, that's for sure.' He added that he'd never seen anything like them before.

Dan remained where he lay in the darkness and observed the creatures. He reached the conclusion they might be searching for him. He remained silent. Then, they departed. Dan crept forward in order to watch. He said that a short distance from his camp stood what looked similar to an egg on legs, about the size of a family car. The creatures and the egg departed.

Afterwards, Dan crept into his tent for his gun and bedroll. He slept some distance away from his camp that night, in case the creatures returned.

Next morning, Dan moved his camp elsewhere. He didn't see the creatures again and continued to follow his normal routine. When he returned to spend a few days with his family, he didn't tell his wife, brothers or neighbours about his experience. It wasn't until approx. 2 months later that he confided in my father. Dan told my father that if he (Dan) died or disappeared under suspicious circumstances while he was in the bush, he wanted my father to contact the government and relay the story of Dan's experience at the camp -- because he (Dan) --- having thought about it calmly --- did not believe the creatures he'd seen were human.

My father asked Dan why he didn't simply report it now, himself ?

Dan replied that if he did so, or if he told members of his own family, neighbours, etc., he would probably not be believed. Worse than that: people would believe the years of solitude had sent him 'crazy'. He would be ridiculed, laughed at, mocked. And he would lose his livlihood. Dan swore my father to secrecy.

My father didn't tell me until many years afterwards, long after we'd moved from the area. I asked what had happened to Dan. My father replied that Dan had continued his job, alone in the bush, in order to provide for his family. It was a gutsy thing to do.

All this took place in the early to mid-60's, apparently. At the time, not many had heard of 'flying saucers'. The subject was confined to science-fiction. No-one took it seriously: it belonged in the realm of Superman.

I asked my father if he'd believed what Dan had told him. My father replied that he'd never known Dan to lie, or even eggagerate -- that Dan was one of those folk who basically lack imagination. Dan believed what he could see with his own eyes; did his job; went to sleep; woke up and started all over again. This being the case, my father tended to believe that Dan had told the truth and suspected Dan never told another soul about his experience.

The part I find most interesting is the fact the creatures did NOT have omnipotent powers; they didn't seem able to 'see' Dan down at the creek or while he was watching them from his place of concealment. Unless of course Dan had experienced 'missing time' but didn't remember it.

There are most probably a lot of people who, like Dan, have never told anyone about their bizarre experiences for fear of being believed crazy.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Very interesting story Dock6.....this sharing of accounts is one reason I came to ATS in the first place.

So, since we're sharing, I'll just go ahead and tell you all about the other experience my grandmother told me about that day.
She said it happened when she was a young bride...I'm guessing about 56 years ago. She had just brought clothes in from the line outside and was folding them while sitting on her bed. In her own words, she said she felt "a falling away" sensation. Looking around, she was no longer in her bedroom but on some type of porch. She viewed two women with what she described as "old-timey hoop dresses"....competely out-of-era. The women were walking together and passed her without any acknowledgment of her being there right beside them.
Again, she felt the "falling away" sensation and was back on her bed sitting down, however, she heard a small dog barking. She went and told my grandfather to help her find the dog that was barking. Of course, he looked at her like she was crazy since he could hear nothing. She continued to hear the dog barking until the sound faded away.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I am hoping that maybe with me coming forward and trying to share that others weather through there own experience or one from someone they know can be told.

Dock6 the way you wrote that story just tells me you are writing what your father shared with you. I think it was interesting indeed.

Back in our days things were just different. Maybe you younger ones have to just ask you parents or grandparents if they ever saw or experienced anything. I think it would be interesting to find out don't you?

new topics

top topics

join