It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria will join the war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
All it takes is one missle shot from behind Syrian borders, whether the government there commenced that attack or not, like in Lebanon Israel will attack Syria.

And all it takes is if Israel makes another "error" and fire a missile on Syria.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Iraqi Prime Minister, who just spoke before the US Congress, fled from Saddam to first Iran (1979) then Syria (1980) where for years he worked in the (US backed) Iraqi National Congress, returning to Iraq after Saddam fell. So Syria helped give birth to today's Iraq. Good and Evil exist in this world, but the reality is so do political alliances. I don't think Israel will provoke Syria to war, nor would it be in US interest to do so, even as a proxy. Afterall, Syria was not part of the axis of evil.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Israel is not operating that close to Syria right now and the munitions they are currently using even if accidently fired in the direction of Syria, would not reach Syria. So forget the "errant Israeli missle" scenario.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks like Israel is approaching the Syrian border. Anyone think they will react or is this just more typical Arab Leader Retoric?

Boycott ARABS

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Looks like Israel is approaching the Syrian border. Anyone think they will react or is this just more typical Arab Leader Retoric?

Historically speaking, the typical Arab Leader Rhetoric (if there is such a thing) is to make moves and talk up the saber rattling to such a degree that hostilities occur, only to find out they brought a saber to a gunfight. Hopefully Syria stays on the sidelines or things will go badly for them very fast.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
LOL Pavil, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. I dont think the Arabs (Iran/Syrian ones) have the balls to do anything be honest.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

They should have reacted when those F-16's flew over their border, however I guess not everyone is into the agression thing as some countries are.

Im curious in regards to financials. This war is costing Israel over $227,000,000 US per day. I wonder how long they can sustain that. A country thats able to wage war at those costs for long periods of time must have great wealth. The USA is incurring large amounts of Debt in our own little incursion. I wonder how Israel plans on financing this endeavor.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
True, the historical fact may be that the Arab leaders don't actually do anything, but what we need to be concerned with is what is the breaking point for them to actually do something.

It's a defensive measure that just about every human has. You talk big in order to protect yourself and your family, but you try everything you can to not fight, until there is an unseen line crossed.

Are we close to that line? I don't know.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Israel is able to finance the conflict because the US is helping them. Not that hard to figure out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join