It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria will join the war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Syria News Minister warned that Syria would join war to attack Israel, if Israel approach the boundary of Syria at 23 July according to the Reuter report.

news.163.com...

I am sorry I have been searched google but no information make out by English, so I have to invoke Chinese web

据路透社报道,叙利亚新闻部长23日警告说,如果以色列地面部队进入黎巴嫩、逼近叙利亚,该国将介入以黎冲 突。

叙利亚新闻部长在接受美国广播公司采访时表示:“如果以色列从地面入侵黎巴嫩并接近我们,叙利亚绝不会坐视 不理,她将加入这场斗争。”

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
More reports confirming the initial reports:

www.dw-world.de...

www.thepeninsulaqatar.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
So any ideas?
Is it show if the war go on at such trend, Hezbollah would go to see Allah?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I seriously think that Syria won't immediatly invade or even say that they will. Sure they may send troops to the Syria-Lebanon border, but they will not have Syrian uniforms crossing that border....yet.

The way I think that we will find Syria fighting the IDF will be in small "Terrorist" groups that "slip through" the border and the amassed troops. I think that small groups of Syrian special forces (if they have any. If not, the next best thing.) will cross the border in civilian clothing and will fight against the IDF. Of course once the Isralis figure out that Syria is doing this, Syria will be having "guests" over for "dinner".

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Syria wont be joining any war because Israel is not going to "approach" Syria. This statement by Syria is just them trying to act bold and declare something all the while they know it wont go that far. PROPAGANDA

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
like somebody already pointed out It will be no intervention by Syria.

Syria has been begging to be included in peace talks about cease fire and how to help with Hezbollah . . .

It just that Israel will not heard about it and neither US . . .

Sometimes is nice to be aware of both side of the issue . . . sometimes it will stop the propaganda and it will enlighten many about what is really going on in the region. . .

Too bad most Americans will fall for the Good vs Evil and occurs US will always back Israel as the good ones.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Syria wont be joining any war because Israel is not going to "approach" Syria. This statement by Syria is just them trying to act bold and declare something all the while they know it wont go that far. PROPAGANDA

All it takes is one missle shot from behind Syrian borders, whether the government there commenced that attack or not, like in Lebanon Israel will attack Syria. If Hezbollah looses alot of ground and their faction there is threatend they may do that for "reinforcements"

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It wont happen...dont worry.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

All it takes is one missile shot from behind Syrian borders, whether the government there commenced that attack or not, like in Lebanon Israel will attack Syria.

You make a good point, like everything when it comes with the war starters you are right it only takes somebody to launch a missile from Syria and then they will be involve with the conflict even if the government order the deed or not.

Perhaps this will be one conspiracy in the making. . .

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If Syria gets involved i'll bet you can count Iran in as well as they have a mutual defence agreement.

And if that happens America will likely get dragged in as well. Welcome WW3.
Lets hope it doesn't happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Interesting, given that Israel has already attacked their targets along the border, and even flew sorties over the presidential palace.

All talk, no action. They probably figured that the Israelis have no more targets along the border, and thus made this announcement.

Infact, it might also indicate that the syrians are pulling their support for the time being, that they won't truck any more materials into lebanon, therefore, they can make this claim.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Syria is talking the talk but will not walk the walk. It is mainly for Syrian and Arab consumption that those statements are made. Basically they said, if Israel attacks Syria they will "declare war". If Israel attacks Syria, they will know they are at war, trust me. Remember those little buzzing of Assad's vacation retreat by Israeli planes? I'm pretty sure he got the message.

There is no way Syria crosses into Lebanon to attack Israel or attacks Israeli forces from Syria. Assad is hopefully not that foolish to wage a war he can only lose. They probably will not shelter most of Hezbollah even, just their leadership if that. The days of Hezbollah having a defacto state in southern Lebanon are numbered. Too bad for Lebanon that Hezbollah to set up base there, did anyone think that it would come done any other way than it has? Hezbollah has been itch'in for a fight with Israel and Israel has been waiting to scratch Hezbollah off of it's back.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
All it takes is one missle shot from behind Syrian borders,

For Israel to become provoked into an offensive against Syria, more than a single missile attack from Syrian soil would be required and would need to appear intentionally coordinated by the Syrian forces. Israel will be suspicious of intentionally being “drawn in” to a possible wider conflict with even a dozen or more missile strikes. Not mentioning, Syria has way too much to loose and in her current position...far too much to gain. I believe this is understood clearly by both sides of the border now.

Originally posted by Nygdan
Infact, it might also indicate that the syrians are pulling their support for the time being,

Syria has agreed to get involved on the ceasefire negotiations (yesterday pressing for a broader peace initiative which would include the Golan Heights) and is now under increased pressure from Mideast diplomats to stop backing Hezbollah (mainly from Egypt and Saudi Arabia) these just a few other factors (among many) to also consider.

The diplomatic wars are soon to begin in earnest.

Mg

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, all of you looks say Syria won't dare to join the conflict between Hezbollah and Israel. But if they factually intervene by any possibility, what would Israel and US do?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Syria is a lot of things but they arent stupid enough to mess with Israel directly..neither is Iran. They are both coward states who do their work via terrorist organizations.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I guess we will find out if Israel goes within 20Km of Damascus. I seriously doubt Israel will do such a thing with problems on both ends. The Lebanese army thus far has not engaged them yet and has stayed out of it. If it escalates even though they are weak I would think they'd have to get involved.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Nice, WWIII is around the corner!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

All it takes is one missle shot from behind Syrian borders, whether the government there commenced that attack or not, like in Lebanon Israel will attack Syria. If Hezbollah looses alot of ground and their faction there is threatend they may do that for "reinforcements"

All it takes is one missile shot from behind Syrian borders, whether the government there commenced that attack or not, like in Lebanon Israel will attack Syria. If Hezbollah looses a lot of ground and their faction there is threatened they may do that for "reinforcements"

I fully agree that, that would be a way for the Hezbollah terrorists to get Syria/Iran involved.

The terrorists go a little over the Syrian border and fire missiles at Israel........

Of course, Israel /we satellites’ would see exactly where it came from.

Syria would deny doing it-truth or do nothing about terrorists using their land to launch attacks on another country.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
It wont happen...dont worry.

Eheheh... Dont ever underestimate situations like these.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Both Syria and Iran are candy....they wont do anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join