It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sukhoj old rare combat aeroplane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I only got these three type of pix.
All I knew just is they are USSR aeroplane, nothing more.
If you have more informations and pix about them, please tell me.
ББ-2

ANT-37

ANT-51

ANT-25

[edit on 24-7-2006 by emile]

[edit on 24-7-2006 by emile]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The small plane in the 1st and 3rd pictures is a Su-2. That's the first production Sukhoi you've got there, which makes it a very special aircraft. It was a close support airplane and a very decent one, it would have made a name for it self if it wasn't substituted very early in the war by the outstanding IL-2 Shturmovik, which was so far ahead of its time that is considered by most historians to be one of the pivotal weapons that turned the war in the east (along with T-34 tank, the La-5 fighter and PPSh-43 SMG). So the Su-2 had the bad luck of being born in the wrong time, but is non the less a remarkable aircraft, loved by the pilots because although no fighter, it could give a ME-109E a run for its money.

Second picture is new to me, looks like a late war medium bomber prototype, deffinitely not production aircraft.

The ANT-25 in the fourth picture is a very long-range record plane (hence the huge wing). It set a number of long-range records during the 30's (mainly over the Antarctic), flown by some of the best russian test-pilots.

new topics

join