It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin saw an UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There ya have it.
I was wonderin when you'd whip out the personal attacks. After all it was only a matter of time.
I am far from the clueless one you think I am.
Maybe you'd like to do a little research and see who I am? Wait that would be too much like work. It's easier to post unattributable sources and insinuate some sort of inside knowledge than prove your point with readily available documents.
You're done. You're a phony.
You don't like it here cause ya can't win then by all means move on to some other forum.
Or show us the vetting of your sources and some evidence they are who you say they are.
Anyway it's been a pleasure kickin yer arse.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You're funny man. Not sure what website yer wife saw but glad she enjoyed it.
I haven't maintained a site for some time now. Probably something I started and then abandoned for time reasons.
You must be tired of Lehmberg,Friedman, and Rudiak makin you look bad over at Updates. Try space.com. Might be more to your liking.
Oh and sleepy did his own self in. I just gave him a shove. And don't start with the military service(you can verify this through my DD-214). It has nothing to do with this thread.
As a matter of fact you seem to be the one mounting personal attacks.

Anyhow here's the link for the Aldrin vid
video.google.com...

And as a final note you have insinuated throughout the Roswell Proof thread that you have some particular knowledge that noone else has and you chide others for not posting sources while you feel perfectly comfortable doing just that.
Sorry but you can't have it both ways.
Thanks for the entertainment. Time for the NFL.

[edit on 8/6/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey Access and Longhair don't you guys have 2u2? In case your inbox is full then use a IM or a e-mail adresse and spill the beans there (actualy even more then you're doing now) but don't ruin this thread. I can't believe that grown up people are behaving like kids

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ok, so who here can contact Buzz and ask him for his unedited story?

He should be more than happy to relate things exactly as he remembers them. No directors interrupting. No insinuations from skeptical ground control. Just plain old Buzz give us a first person account of his own perceptions.

I'd like to hear it, but I'm just some random dude who would be pestering him.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Found this on digg:

video.google.ca...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A reminder to those posting in this thread ...

The topic here is "Buzz Aldrin saw an UFO?"

If your response is On-Topic, and directly related to the above, by all means post away.
Otherwise, take it to a relevant thread or U2U.

The repeated Off-Topic personal attacks, insults and derogatory comments Will Stop Now!

Be forewarned, those who chose to continue with such will be subject to appropriate administrative actions, to include Warns and points deductions.

Now, back to the Actual topic of discussion, Buzz Aldrin saw an UFO?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekTruth
Found this on digg:

video.google.ca...

I was just about to ask if there was a video of this

thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Well, as I pointed out earlier, he's already filled in the blanks from the "documentary" so I don't understand… what's the point?

The blanks were filled in within another editorial context. I want a straight interview without an agenda. On this site I think we could isolate Buzz from the agenda people and just let him tell his perspective without over emphasis of ET or IF from either editorial camp. That's the point.

Buzz thought it was a UFO, NASA though it was an IFO… what part of that didn’t you understand?

The part where Buzz thought it was a UFO. So Buzz thought it was a UFO. That's what I wanted to be clear about.

If it's about the remainder of the Apollo 11 mission, that's already been dealt with here too... it was a hoax.

No, wasn't refering to that. I witnessed a ham radio hoax when I was a kid. People do that all of the time.

If it’s about whether or not Buzz believes UFOs are of ET origin… what’s difference does his or anybody else’s opinion really make?

All the difference in the world. "Officialdom" poo-poos the subject. Says everything is a 'plasma ball', etc. The deliberate de-emphasis of the inherent legitimacy of sighting unexplained flying objects is one of the most insidious elements of our society. By pointing out that archetypal heros see unexplained flying objects helps curtail the trend towards ignorance. If the opinion of those archetypes is not the 'plasma' ball line, then that helps curtail the second indisiousness, which is the labeling of those who hypothesize ET origin as losers with derailed sensibilities.

Any way, I think Buzz's direct thoughts on what the object is IS important because he saw it. He was an eye witness and he has a human brain with an intuition.

So can you see why I or anybody else would be reluctant to “pester” the man further?

I can see why. But this topic is about denying ignorance and getting to the truth. It seems the only way to do that is to get more unfiltered information. Too much editorializing in the UFO world and in the skeptic world. Need more straight interviews without insertions, IMHO. I would still like to see that unfiltered interview done.

Thanks for the response, Access. I always appreciate your input.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Maybe would be great if we can make it to bring B Aldrin in this board and ask him question about the subject. Is my guess that he his still under some sort of silence oath and won't be answering to everything but at least we could ask him things in the relation with his assertions.
Any smod, is that possible? Since I've seen here G. Knnap and other guys I was wondering if would be possible to invite B Aldrin in the board.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thymus
So, what about it? Aliens have the right to travel in space with their spaceship, don't they? We are just lucky to see their amazing technology around us.

Well, do we believe it or not? I guess, who saw this spaceship, does.

I wasn't there, but I think it's a very good chance it was not the booster.
(cue twilight zone music)

I'm not sure Aldrin would say it publicly if he thought it was an alien UFO.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Question

Edwin Aldrin recently came out on in a special on the Science Channel and stated that the astronauts aboard Apollo 11 all saw unidentified objects which seemed to have been following them. He also mentions that they were briefed not to talk about what they had seen. What does NASA have to say in response to this? What were those objects they all saw?

I just talked to Buzz Aldrin on the phone, and he notes that the quotations were taken out of context and did not convey the intended meaning. After the Apollo 11 crew verified that the object they were seeing was not the SIVB upper stage, which was about 6000 miles away at that time, they concluded that they were probably seeing one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage. These panels were not tracked from Earth and were likely much closer to the Apollo spacecraft. They chose not to discuss this on the open communications channel since they were concerned that their comments might be misinterpreted (as they are being now). Apparently all of this discussion about the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, thus giving the impression that they had seen a UFO. David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
July 26, 2006

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I came across this video about Buzz discussing his UFO encounters on Apollo 11

People always want credible sources and then they ignore them.

gotta love pseudo skeptics.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

You're right, people do want credible sources. Not heavily edited nonsense like what you've shown.

Here's what Aldrin really has to say about what happened. Obviously he enjoys telling it. It's too bad those other guys apparently thought most of what he had to say wasn't important. (or something)

[edit on 7/22/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

was that from the same interview or a later date? If they are not from the same interview you might think perhaps the change of story is because he was told to keep his mouth shut. Damage control. Now if it was from the same interview then obviously they were being misleading. I am curious which is the case. thanks for posting the other interview or full one, whichever the case may be.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I don't know if it's the same interview. But there is no "change" in the story. What he says in the video you've shown is the same as what he says in the one I've shown.

The difference is what your video doesn't show. Larry allows him (though constantly interrupting) to tell the whole story. In your video we only hear part of it. Just as we only hear part of what David Baker has to say. A very common technique. The Daily Show uses it for comedic effect. Others use it for deceptive effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join