It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Option (Op/Ed)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It's no longer about coexistence. The push for diplomacy is now and perhaps forever lost in the thunder of a grand war machine. The fate of the Israeli people, the entire Middle East and perhaps the world are now tied to a single conflict.

Where does all of this lead?

What is the final result of this latest "escalation"?

The world is now witnessing the events in Israel and Lebanon. Many by now have seen the victims of these events. I am sure many are like myself, shocked at the level of destruction and carnage now seen in all forms of news media.

What happens in the future?

With each rocket strike in Israel, the Israeli resolve to annihilate Hezbollah grows. and with each Israeli air strike the hatred wells up to new heights within the Arab/Muslim population in the region.

Iran is pursuing nuclear weaponry, openly calling for the destruction of the Jewish state of Israel.

I am struck with a sinking feeling, perhaps a premonition of sorts. A time in the future where the Israelis will be forced to consider a final option. A point in time where Israel will truly be faced with total destruction, or a grim survival.

It may be now or never for the Israelis, for if they back down now, each bomb they've dropped in Lebanon, may have only created more hatred for them, more threats and more desire for their destruction within the nations and people surrounding them also referred to as Neighbors.

Israel perhaps may be more Isolated than ever when all is said and done with Hezbollah. What then?

Do they sit back and wait for reprisals?

Or will they continue into Syria and Iran?

I believe international pressure on Israel will prevail at some point in the not to distant future. The violence may subside. Will hope of peace once again tease the Israeli people?

If Israel is pushed by future attacks especially any attack involving a weapon of mass destruction from one of her "neighboring nations" we may see an Israel who will exercise its final option.

Annihilate the enemies, ALL of them, or be Annihilated.

Related News Links:
politics.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 24-7-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Perhaps what is said in scripture that Israel will be surrounded by armies of the world is true and that she will turn to God.

The final nuclear option will end in total destruction and I hope Israel makes the correct choice.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Another convental global war isnt going to break out.
As for Israel and the Jews they are being used by unfriendly regimes as the enemy something that will distract people away from the reality of the home front. Even IF 2030 comes around and the Middle East as reformed itself there is no way to ensure that the people in the region will elect leaders who are any better then the current crop.

Even if People wernt brainwashed into hating the USA they would still distrust the west.
You cant backstab people and expect them to like or trust you.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This war is going to escalate, even if by some miracle there is sometime of peace, which i kind of doubt, the war will escalate. The Iranian president himself has stated that "the mission of their regime is to pave the way for the 12th Imam", and in order for this to happen chaos must reign in the world. I think there is a very real possibility the Iranian regime resumed their negotiations/influence with Hezbollah in Lebanon, if they ever stopped influencing/funding them.

It is no secret that the Iranian president has said in recent times that the world soon will be without Israel and he also claims the same will happen to the U.S...

There are many countries that will benefit once Israel and the U.S., among others are out of the way or disabled, and some of those countries include China, Russia, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba and every other country which is in fact an enemy of countries like China and Russia, which claim to be more democratic now, and some claim are not our enemies anymore, are still funding every country which calls itself "enemy of the United States".

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Muaddib the Iranian president is full of hot air he might walk a thin line bewteen distracting people away from there lack of freedom and provoking US leaders but he knows what/where that line is. The US military would wipe the floor with Iran if the Iranian president crossed the line so to speake.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Muaddib the Iranian president is full of hot air he might walk a thin line bewteen distracting people away from there lack of freedom and provoking US leaders but he knows what/where that line is. The US military would wipe the floor with Iran if the Iranian president crossed the line so to speake.

The problem is that Iran is not alone on what they want.

MAHMOUD Ahmadinejad, the Iranian President, held talks with Chinese and Russian leaders at a summit meeting yesterday to build up a security grouping in opposition to the US and Nato.
Mr Ahmadinejad was invited to address a meeting of the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO), a China-sponsored proto-alliance that aims to strengthen defence links across Central Asia.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

There are governments that want this conflict, because at the end it serves their plan. China wants more land, they want to stop Taiwan from writting a Constitution. Russia does not want NATO or the U.S. being involved with it's former states and they see the presence of the U.S. in Europe as a threat to them.

I doubt that the Iranian regime would become so belligerent unless they had countries like Russia and China backing them.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Beyond Taiwan I cant see China making a land grap. Asia has a large population per square KM. In order to make parts Asia suitable for mass colonization the Chinese would have to make the holocaust look like small change.

I dont doubt that Russia wants to maintain its influence over former Soviet states via political means there is no sane reason why Russia would send tanks into western europe.

Danger would come if Islamic wack jobs came to power in Indonesia and the former Soviet states.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Beyond Taiwan I cant see China making a land grap. Asia has a large population per square KM. In order to make parts Asia suitable for mass colonization the Chinese would have to make the holocaust look like small change.

And you don't think the CCP would be more than glad to do that?.... Some people in these forums state things such as "the United States has more people in jail than countries like China", but they always, and for some reason, leave out the fact that this is because China executes more people than any country in the world, all of them put together.

If the CCP has no remorse in killing so many of their own for crimes such as "being too democratic, or religious groups, or being a threat to the CCP and China, evading taxes, or being the right blood type for harvesting organs for a rich person, etc, etc", why do you think they have remorse when it comes to going to overtaking other nations? They did it with Tibet, and there are other territories and inhabited islands which China and other countries have been quarreling over because of the immense natural resource found in those islands and the surrounding territories.

I dont doubt that Russia wants to maintain its influence over former Soviet states via political means there is no sane reason why Russia would send tanks into western europe.

and they have to former soviet states, to maintain some form of control over them such as.

The Civil War in Tajikistan

Less than a year after its declaration of independence in 1991, a civil war erupted in the former Soviet Republic of Tajikistan. Tensions resulting from irregularities during the first presidential elections led to an armed confrontation over the control of central government between rival political factions. This conflict, which lasted until 1997, was fought between the Tajik government forces and a coalition of opposition parties, which later formed the United Tajik Opposition (UTO). Beyond the claim of an ideological affiliation ("Communists" vs. "Democrats" and "Islamists"), the warring parties relied on a strong regional base.
Armed interventions from Russia and Uzbekistan in 1992 enabled the former government factions to defeat their opponents and take control of the country. A Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) Collective Peacekeeping Force (composed of Russian troops and nominal contingents from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan), serving mainly to prop up the government, was deployed in 1993. Additional troops from Russia policed the Tajik-Afghan border,
while the UN Mission of Observers in Tajikistan (UNMOT) was deployed in November 1994 after the parties signed an agreement on a temporary cease-fire in Tehran.

www.bits.de...

Danger would come if Islamic wack jobs came to power in Indonesia and the former Soviet states.

and they are trying, but the thing is that many Islamic nations are siding with China and Russia, despite these two countries having problems with Islamic "separatists" in their nations or close to their nations. The link that I gave above also has a lot of interesting information about these conflicts. The thing is that "enemies do unite to battle what they see as a common enemy", and in this case Russia, China, North korea, Venezuela, Cuba and some other countries which includes Iran and other Islamic nations have made pacts between them to take care of "their common enemy".

There are people who say there is moe than meets the eye in this latest conflict in the Middle East, and it is true, but those who want this conflict to escalate are not who some of the members claim to be.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Americans, face it, almost every populations on earth hate you for what you've done for the last 40 years.

Maybe the leaders like USA because they are sold to you but populations hate you're government and those who support them, they hate you because of you're lack of ecologism, because of you're way to impose things that people don't want, because you make wars for profits, you make alliance with Israël and fund them to kill more people. You have Guantanamo and you created secret prisons to violate international laws.

The list is very long. And NO, people don't want to be american, don't want to be born american, that is EGOCENTRIC.

When the war-mongering people and rednecks will know what other countries endure, you'll stop doing what you are doing, war-mongering, super-consumerism, things like that.

If only you're population could wake up before that happens, it would be good. I'm not blaming every american, that would be stupid, I blame ALL war-mongerers and I blame the most guilty of all, you're government!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
cold war mentality at its finest.. goes to show that decades of propaganda can't be nullified at will. yes, you're right your cold war is not over, the reason is people who cling to false ideals of hate and agression - which inevitably breed more of the same.

like China and Russia, which claim to be more democratic now, and some claim are not our enemies anymore, are still funding every country which calls itself "enemy of the United States

do you honestly believe the Russians will give anyone weapons unless they PAY for them? or the Chinese? of course they won't. one question remains, though, is selling these weapons somehow evil? what about Western nations? what about the mustard gas which was sold to *drumroll* Saddam Hussein, in the 1980s.?. back when he was still the good guy, paid and supplied to fight the mullahs.. granted, theocracies are not my cup of tea, but sponsoring a war with ~1 million casualties is not just a mistaken policy, it shows at least two traits:

1) total disregard for live and other human beings and

2) a desire to use the entire planet as some sort of chessboard and people as pawns,

both of which will score you a big -10 on a scale of -9..9, so to speak, worldwide.

these are not isolated events, perpetrated by a few 'rotten apples' and they're not new either. since at least WW2, the West and its cronies managed to support every odd dictatorship on earth, if there happened to be none, CIA or whoever installed one. happened f-ex in Chile, Argentina - pretty much everywhere in South America, up to this day, so a few thugs can get rich on gas and coke, while the rest is busy burning the rainforest so no-one will ever get to use chemicals (no competition for the established industry) from some of these billions of species that will go extinct so some cattle corp. can breed cows for a few years before it all turns into a desert. of course corps. bear no relationship to western interests. i guess, we're all too blind to see that 3rd world countries that follow the IMF's rules go bankrupt (therefore enslaved) within two years or that the IMF is PNAC's latest playground (see wolfowitz's new appointment).

face it, people would be real dumb to embrace such a system, because it yields them a bullet in the head or some burned and/or poisoned land at the most. must be irrational hatred. or racism. or wait, they just envy you for your police state
if you honestly think the world will be the only battleground in the war on terra, wait until your veterans come home, they should have perfected that rape&pillage drill by then.

hey, no reason to be upset, i'm wrong, ain't i?

edit: sorry for OT but this cold war stuff is over the top, if you love the nuke you belong in the movie Dr. Strangelove or an asylum, not the biosphere, so to speak.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Annihilate the enemies, ALL of them, or be Annihilated.

Brilliant dovetail.

The Final Solution

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Americans, face it, almost every populations on earth hate you for what you've done for the last 40 years.

that's a lie and it is certainly BS.... There are still people who risk certain death just to come to the United States, if tehre are people that hate the United States is becvause of the propaganda from countries like Russia and China, which is w3orking perfectly, and has been alive and well for decades...

.......... they hate you because of you're lack of ecologism, because of you're way to impose things that people don't want,

Lack of ecologism?... what the heck does that mean?.... If you are talking about the Kyoto protocol my guess is that yu don't know the facts. The Kyoto protocol was going to allow countries like China and India to continue with their polution and increase it while bankrupting the west....

because you make wars for profits, you make alliance with Israël and fund them to kill more people.

What in the world?.... Israel is a small nation that extremists want to destroy, you sound like a Nazi now....

The list is very long. And NO, people don't want to be american, don't want to be born american, that is EGOCENTRIC.

Wrong again, a lot of people in the world would love to be born in the U.S., still millions of people are trying to get in the United States for a reason...and most of them are not the deranged terrorists who want to destroy the western world....

When the war-mongering people and rednecks will know what other countries endure, you'll stop doing what you are doing, war-mongering, super-consumerism, things like that.

Warmongering people?.... I guess you are talking about the whole world...I have seen so called "peacenicks" resorting to violence like it was a party...

If only you're population could wake up before that happens, it would be good. I'm not blaming every american, that would be stupid, I blame ALL war-mongerers and I blame the most guilty of all, you're government!

and I blame people like you who are sponfed that bs propaganda instead of doing some real research yourself...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
what about the mustard gas which was sold to *drumroll* Saddam Hussein, in the 1980s.?.

You see, that's one of the problems with a lot of people nowadays, they believe the bs propaganda being sponfed to them by the left... It is a fact that the one country that sold the "mustard gas" and most of the chemicals which Saddam used was none other than Germany.....and othyer European nations in the 80s

Our organization did a study of Saddam's pre-Gulf War suppliers a few year back. We discovered that Germany garnered fully half the total sales. In fact, just before the Gulf War, Germany was selling complete, ready-to-operate poison gas plants to Iraq and Libya at the same time. The rest of the world divided the remaining half of Iraq's purchases. The Swiss, who have an unreasonably good reputation in the world, placed second in the sweepstakes with about 8% of sales (specialized presses, milling machines, grinding machines and electrical discharge machines found at nuclear weapon sites; procurement of missile parts and supervision of missile plant construction; equipment for processing uranium to nuclear weapon grade). In third place, with 4% each, Italy and France scored a tie.
In the 1980's, the German firm Karl Kolb and the French firm Protec combined to furnish millions of dollars' worth of sensitive equipment to six separate plants for making mustard gas and nerve agents, with a capacity of hundreds of tons of nerve agent per year. These companies had to know what the specialized glass-lined vessels they peddled were to be used for. It is insufferable that, like Pontius Pilate, Germany and France now wash their hands of the whole affair, and even chastise others for cleaning up the mess their companies helped create.

And how would the poison gas be carried? A gas doesn't stream through the ether by itself to reach a target. A specially prepared munition has to deliver it. Iraq admits that in the 1980's it bought more than 3,000 chemical-ready aerial bombs from Spain, more than 8,000 chemical-ready artillery shells from Italy and Spain, and more than 12,000 chemical-ready rocket warheads from Italy and Egypt. Most of these munitions remain unaccounted for. If our troops take casualties from a gas attack, they will have been inflicted by an international consortium of reckless suppliers.

www.iraqwatch.org...

After the first gulf war the main providers of the wmd and wmd material to Iraq were Japan, Russia, China, France, Germany... Wonder why Russia, China, France and Germany didn't want to stop the sanctions which killed in 10 years 500,000 Iraqi children, without counting the adults who died because of the sanctions....

So yeah...stop believing the lies you are being sponfed and do some proper research...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
and don't talk about "the U.S. installing dictators" when you get countries in the U.N wanting to give the "nobel peace prize to dictators like castro".... and if you do a search on what dictatorships have killed the most people in the world you will find that they are the same ones who have been enemies of the United States for decades.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
You see, that's one of the problems with a lot of people nowadays, they believe the bs propaganda being sponfed to them by the left...

Propaganda?

News on the Middle East conflict, from a Chinese news source:

Iranian president urges Israel to move out of Mideast

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned on Sunday that Israel would be destroyed by its ongoing battle with Lebanon's Hezbollah guerillas, urging Israel to "bale and move out of Mideast", local media reported.

"I suggest that they (Israelis) bale and move out of Mideast before the fire they have launched in Lebanon catches them," Ahmadinejad was quoted by the official IRNA news agency as saying.

"Israel has pushed the button of its own destruction by attacking Lebanon," said the president, adding "Israel and its allies must apologize for their policies, or the people in the region will respond."

Ahmadinejad also accused the United States and Britain of assisting Israel in attacking Lebanon and the Palestinians, saying "Britain and the U.S. are accomplices of the Zionist regime in its crimes."

Source Link

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Let us pray that Israel never believes they have exhausted all alternatives except the final option, that would be a sad day for all of mankind.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Astronomer70]

df1

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hal Lindsey, the christian apocalypse author, did some interviews with high ranking israeli military officers back in the 1980s for his series of books. These officers discussed how the israeli military had changed its operational philosphy from the "Masada Complex" to the "Sampson Complex". While operating under the "Masada Complex" the Israeli philosphy gave reverence to the jews that commited suicide at Masada rather than surrender to the romans.

Lindsey relates that these officers told him that israeli military philosophy had changed to the "Sampson Complex" which is equally as suicidal, however rather than dying the alone the jews would take down their enemies as well. And that this change was made possible because israel obtained nuclear weapons.

Wikipedia
Masada (a romanization of the Hebrew, Metzada, from, metzuda, "fortress") is the name for a site of ancient palaces and fortifications in Israel on top of an isolated rock plateau on the eastern edge of the Judean Desert overlooking the Dead Sea. Masada became famous for its significance in the First Jewish-Roman War (Great Jewish Revolt), when a siege of the fortress by troops of the Roman Empire led to a mass suicide of the site's Jewish defenders when defeat became imminent.

Hal Lindsey The Father of Apocalyptic Christian Zionism
At Masada, all Israel's graduating military officers swear allegiance to the State, promising as part of a solemn oath that 'Masada shall never fall again.' Lindsey claims this 'Masada Complex' has now been superseded by a more aggressive retaliatory stance known as the 'Samson Complex'.
Instead of just Jewish corpses, there would be millions of Arab corpses. The option is to launch an all-out nuclear attack on all the Arab capitals. I have seen and read the "Samson Option" a special paper that outlines a military doctrine now in force. If Israel is being overrun, they will use the nuclear option. Like Samson, they may go down, but so will all their enemies. And that's just a preview of how terrible things will be in the Final Battle.

Whether israel has nuclear weapons or not has been speculated for many years. I believe that israel does have nuclear weapons and that the "Sampson Complex" is still in play today. The israelis will not allow israel to be overrun and they will use nukes as a final option.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Whenever Israel has negotiated, the ink isn't even dry on the agreement before some terrorist organization has seemingly attacked them. They pull back from Gaza, displacing some of their own people in the process, seemingly the next day rockets begin to fall in and around Israeli cities and settlements...is it any wonder really that sooner or later they are going to retaliate? Seriously, what did you expect them to do? Sit there, and let Hezzbollah, or the PLO, Hamas, or whatever the terrorists are calling themselves today launch rockets with impunity? I thought not.

Israel has, and has had damned little choice in this matter. They are surrounded by countries who have little love for them, and would just as soon see them all gone, one way or another. Whether or not Israel has done anything to warrent this hatred is moot, the hatred exists and must be dealt with. The whys and wherefores can be left for the historians to quibble over in their ivy-covered halls of academe.

This current fight has been brewing for months, since Israel pulled out of the area...can it only have been last year? This fight, I feel, is going to end only when one side is destroyed...either the terrorists are destroyed or Israel is destroyed. There won't be anymore negotiations, neither side trusts the other so what's the point. Personally, I would just as soon both sides negotiate, but in reality, that just isn't going to happen, at least in no meaningful, or lasting fashion. Even if the UN stops this current fight, they'll start up again at a later date, only maybe this time one side or the other has, or uses a nuclear weapon. Armageddon indeed.

Shed your tears for the innocents caught in the middle, but realize that this fight almost certainly had to happen. Both sides drew lines in the sand, and dared each other to cross. Both did. Maybe this'll be the last fight...maybe. Then, and only then, can any kind of healing begin.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Muaddib while I agree that the Chinese government would try to wipe out local populations there are a few other issues that are off topic. Much would depend on how far the Chinese spread there war wings .
Cheers Xpert11.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Propaganda?

News on the Middle East conflict, from a Chinese news source:

....Gazz, is me dude, remember me? We use to be reporters back in the days in these same forums. You should know by now my stance on this issue. I was talking about the propaganda spouted against the United States and Israel.

The same propaganda we hear so much around here when some members make false claims, and proclaim that every conflict, and problem in the world is the fault of the United States and Israel.

I was not talking about your input/thread being propaganda, but that other member that kept making things up trying to blame the United States and Israel.

BTW, great thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join