It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FN2000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I've seen pictures of this weapon and I think it is an incredible weapon. Can anyone give me some information about it?

I particularely like when it has that underbarrel grenade launcher, though it sucks that it is a single shot grenade launcher.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I like this gun. Accurate,and comes with a nade launcher.Been killed many times with this gun on battlefield 2

Caliber: 5.56x45 mm NATO
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Overall length: 694 mm
Barrel length: 400 mm
Weigth: 3.6 kg empty, in standart configuration; 4.6 kg with 40mm grenade launcher
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds (any NATO / STANAG type magazines)

The F2000 rifle is a gas operated, rotating bolt, select-fire weapon. F2000 features polymer stock with bull-pup layout. The stock has built-in standart rails on the top of the weapon (for different sights and scopes etc) and mounting point ahead of triggerguard, where additional modules may be installed (such as grenade launchers, non-lethal modules etc). In the basic configuration, the upper rails mounts 1.6X magnification optical sights, and the lower mounting point is covered by removable handguard. The unique feature of the F2000 rifle is its' patented front ejection systems: the spent cases, extracted from the chamber, travel from the rear part of the gun to the ejection port near the muzzle via special ejection tube and falls out of the gun at the safe distance from the shooters' face. The details of this system is still unclear, but when combined with completely ambidextrous controls (FN P90 style), this makes the F2000 100% ambidextrous, any time.

At the current time, the F2000 rifle may be upgraded, depending on the mission, with FN's 40mm low-velocity grenade launcher (on the lower mount, instead of the handguard), or with XM303 non-lethal module (fires 12Ga BBs with paint or tear gas by the means of the pre-charged air cartridge); other options are handguards with built-in laser pointers or flashlights.

The standart low-maginfication combat scope may be replaced by any other scope on WEAVER-style mount, or with FN's proprietary computerized fire control module with laser rangefinder, that calculates the point of aim (and sets the sight reticle) for both the rifle and 40mm grenade launcher.

The F2000 is a modular weapon system, developed by FN Herstal, Belgium, and introduced in 2001

[edit on 24-7-2006 by spanishcaravan]

mod edit: add source
world.guns.ru...

[edit on 24-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Why dont you use a search engine to find it?

anyway, heres a good site world.guns.ru...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
please forgive my previous post,my internet disconnected for a sec,and it copied everthing.

edit-never mind fixed it

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Why dont you use a search engine to find it?

anyway, heres a good site world.guns.ru...

I used GOOGLE. Nothing much on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Because it is a dead horse.

Noone except some Belgian units (which are expected to do this) and recently the Slovenians purchased some units (.... and it is apparent that some of the former communist countries are quite eager to give their troops as much "Hi-Speed gear" as possible...)

People mainly critizise the unforgiving ergonomics (if it fits your body, its the best thing since sliced bread... if not, it apparently is rather uncomfortable). And I believe many of those who are carrying the rifles outside of urbanized areas would trust the forward ejection system.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

try dogpile or metacrawler. They combine results from google,yahoomsn,ask etc.

www.dogpile.com...
www.metacrawler.com...

you can even siolate results and get results from single engines like only google or only yahoo.
However i'd say it's not as effective in an image search. which is why i have 2 browsers, firefox and internet explorer. Dogpile on firefox and google on ie.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158

try dogpile or metacrawler. They combine results from google,yahoomsn,ask etc.

www.dogpile.com...
www.metacrawler.com...

you can even siolate results and get results from single engines like only google or only yahoo.
However i'd say it's not as effective in an image search. which is why i have 2 browsers, firefox and internet explorer. Dogpile on firefox and google on ie.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by urmomma158]

Aw, thanks! I never knew any search engines besides Google and Yahoo

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am currently trying to decide between an FN2000 and the new SiG 556.

If I go with the FN2000 I'll post my opinions. Unfortunately we're still a little early for deliveries.

www.impactguns.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't see why you would want any of those over priced rifles, IMO what made the FN-2000 "cool" was the sight on top of it and the grenade launcher, it made it look complete, but that's just my opinion, I'd personally go for the PS90, the civilian P90, but the ammo is expensive....

The Sig is too similar to an AR IMO, if I wanted a tricked out AR i'd go with the XCR in 6.8mm I think

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My two favorite AR versions are the AR-10B, very cool recreation of the original 7.62 NATO battle rifle that no one uses. And I also love the Alexander Arms Beowulf, an AR in .50cal! Sure, the mag is tiny but .50cal is great.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The Sig is too similar to an AR IMO, if I wanted a tricked out AR i'd go with the XCR in 6.8mm I think

Hehe, the SIG 556 was INTENTIONALLY and specifically designed to resemble the AR platform. This rifle is totally aimed at the american AR crowd. Not to forget, SIG has a worldwide reputation for building finest (but too expensive) weapons... something you cant say of Robinson.

---------

To topic, the FN rifle is called F2000, not FN-2000. F stands for fusil, french for "rifle".

[edit on 31/7/2006 by Lonestar24]

new topics

top topics

join