Purpose of thread: To collect all the information/clues on thefinalanswertoeverything.com in an organized way so it can be viewed without having to
browse through 1200+ posts.
Background Info: A thread
appeared on ATS on July 22nd, from a poster named
"metaphysician". The thread linked to Thefinalanswertoeverything.com and the poster claimed that a friend of his sent him the link. Posts came in
fast and furious from members of ATS trying to solve the thread, and as time passed, it appeared more and more likely that this was not a random
website, but rather the new ATS sponsered event.
How to: In order to solve each riddle/clue, you must type in the answer after thefinalanswertoeverything.com, and then add .html to the answer. You
will then be taken to the next riddle/clue, which you answer the same way. If you typed in the wrong answer, you will get "Your response is not
correct.", and if you type in the answer to a question you're not on right now, you will get "Out of sequence.". You must answer every
riddle/clue, because any skipped ones will result in an "
Out of sequence." error.
Current Clue: "you have done well... there will be new questions every day from this point forward... remember your answers"
1. Like the clue says, some people think that this is the last clue for the moment, and there will not be a new clue for until tommorow.
2. This by itself is a clue, and the answer to it is somewhere in the phrase.
3. This is the end of the line for clues from the website for now, and the clue to get pass this is hidden on ATS and HackerNetwork.com.
Simon Gray account on Hackernetwork.com:
A user has appeared on Hackernetwork.com named Simon Gray. This user claims to be the owner of Abovetopsecret.com, and over a short period of time,
has changed his signature and profile several times. These could be clues, red herrings, or might not be related to this at all.
1. "Time is on my side" - signature
2. "Can something out run time?" - Biography
3. "Repitition is a sign of insanity." - Signature
4. Song Lyrics
"Time is on
5. "21:00EST 72306" - Signature
6. "repitition is a fools errand" - Signature
7. "Light appears in the Darkest of places." - Biography
8. "Light appears in the Darkest of places, There it can be seen most clearly." - Biography
9. "Waiting for something makes itmuch more enjoyable when you receive it.
Naito." - Signature
11. "Light appears in the Darkest of places, There it can be seen most clearly. Light and Darkness depend on your perception" - Biography
12. "1000EST 72406" - Signature
Simon's YIM: According to Simon Gray's profile on the Hackernetwork.com account, his YIM is "thefoundergray@yahoo"
Extended Theories: Too many to list at the moment. This part is mostly based on the Clues section of this post, and will be updated continously.
Clue Accounts: These are accounts that mods use to try to either give us clues toward solving this, or to confuse us even more. There are a number of
ATS accounts that are suspected of being clue accounts, and the list keeps changing constantly.
Well, this is if for now. I'm going to keep updating as much as I can. If theres anything I'm missing, then feel free to point it out, and
hopefully, this will help.
Interesting Development: Well, this is in the post right below mines, but I decided to add it anyways, since it's just that important.
this might not be an ATS sponsered event after all. Does this mean that the Simon Gray on Hackernetwork.com is an imposter? Who actually owns the
website that has been causing so much insanity? To be continued...
[edit on 23-7-2006 by AlienS]