It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Cameroon girls suffer “breast ironing”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We have heard of thing's like this taking place in the world else where and found atrocious act's of what they belive to be civil, "Man does this world have some really sick individuals, and thier parent's at that!!!

Worried that her daughters’ budding breasts would expose them to the risk of sexual harassment and even rape, their mother Philomene Moungang started ‘ironing’ the girls’ bosoms with a heated stone.
“I did it to my two girls when they were eight years old. I would take the grinding stone, heat it in the fire and press it hard on the breasts,” Moungang said.

The Source:

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AkO9m6kPP0gT24AOOZ1rIais0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'A3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ

Guess this has been going on for some time and has not fared well for the victim's of such act's of masicism's.....Really quite sad.....

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
While I don't like the practice, how many generations have done this? This seems to be a lot less life threatening than the clitoral cutting.

I can think of a few customs in this country that are just about as disturbing, too.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
While I don't like the practice, how many generations have done this? This seems to be a lot less life threatening than the clitoral cutting.

That's... Kind of odd logic. I mean, how many generations have done female circumcision? Also, your comment about it not being life threatening leads me to believe you didn't read through the entire article.

[edit on 7/23/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

I can think of a few customs in this country that are just about as disturbing, too.

I will tell you what,"If you had daughter's, would you do this too them?" I have 2 of them and it isn't the point that they are doing such "Unesseccary" thing's like this because of thier religious or ethnic belief's, it's because they never to into consideration's of the mental ramification's it would cause the gir's.
A woman's breast's are like a man's genitalia, it is very personal and without it, you are left to feel less of a man or woman , and to think your parent's would do this to them??
Just plain "DUH?" logic, if having a belief system in our todays world is getting to those kind of barbarric act's, they should be punished for doing it!!

top topics

join