It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audacity Sound Editor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hey.

I was wanting to download the Audacity Sound Editor, but my computer has had many an encounter with spyware.Does the Audacity Program have spyware? Or any other kind of malware? I'm geting a mike tomorrow and I really want to do some podcasts, but I don't have a sound editor. I know some of you guys who do podcasts have Audacity, but is there any spyware?

Thanks,

Ranchy

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have used it quite some time ago and didn't have any problems. You should be okay with it.

Someone correct me though if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've played around with it, Ranch. As you mentioned there are several other members who have used it when creating their podcasts.

As for the spyware issue I'd have to say put your worries to rest and get started on those podcasts.

Upon installation of the software I found no instance nor alerts pertaining to any form of spyware or malware.

$.02

uhm ... you're not done yet? Inquiring ears wish to hear

[edit: sp?]

[edit on 7/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thanks, all. I just need to get permission from my parents to download it! They are real weary about downloading any sort of program from the interweb. If they say yes, and my friend really gives me the mike, then expect to hear my podcasts soon!

Ranchy

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I too have it and used it. It doesn't contain anything other than what it is. It is quite useful and will not add any other applications to your computer.

Tell your parents that they have nothing to worry about other than you spending a lot of time recording your musac!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Don't forget the extension needed to save files as mp3 format.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thank all, for your speedy replies. I will be downloading it shortly, just as soon as I get my microphone. Prepare to hear my voice! You may be surprised!

Ranchy

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
RanchMan, before you download that bloated program, why don't you try Skype? If you just want to use a program for webcasting, this is a far superior one. Audacity does not include any spyware or adware, but it's just not as good or simple a program.

Check out Skype and all about Skypecasting.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the feedback! If you check in the BTS Talk section in the Podcast page, you'll see my first podcast.

Ciao!

new topics

top topics

join