It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Wierd feelings ....

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
OK .. I have many posts to which I will not name. that talk about sort of the same subject as I am talking about today. But today as I was walking through the mall; I had a better understanding of it. So this discussion is getting somewhere but it has to start at the FLOOR; or most of you guys cannot comprehend what I am trying to get at so ... here goes ...

Let's start of very Simple ...

How many of you have ever felt someone watching you ???

Or

How many of you cannot stand places where there are lots of people just because you feel very uncomfortable/ almost learning to live your life by AVOIDING these places ???

Why is it that we like to look strangers in the eyes, but not for more than just a split second ???

[edit on 23-7-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

(edit all caps title)

[edit on 23-7-2006 by pantha]




posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The eys are the windows to a persons soul.

Maybe its ourself (Our soul) checking the other soul out or making a slight acknowledgement or gesture



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
The eys are the windows to a persons soul.

Maybe its ourself (Our soul) checking the other soul out or making a slight acknowledgement or gesture


I have not actually thought about that ... Although I have heard of it before ... Do you think that we could have posibly lost the ability over time to not neccisarily reads ones soul but possibly feel what they feel at that very moment ?? Or ... ??? You thoughts ?



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think we lost the ability a long time ago. However we have all had that feeling when we accidentally lock eyes with a stranger and for a moment feel some kind of connection then carry on with our everyday lives. I think this is the remnants of some kind of telepathic communication we lost a long time ago. Our soul knows whats its doing however i feel the physical body is the part that makes us ignore it and carry on walking by.

The physical body is conditioned to many other forms of communication now such as talking, illustrating, phones, computers etc etc we have forget how to communicate any other way however once every now and again this scenario happens and gives us the "What just happened there" feeling



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The eye thing is kind of weird for me. 90% of people, I can't stand to look them in the eye for more than a split second like you say. But there are a select few people I know who I feel very comfortable with and I can just look into their eyes while I talk to them. It's not just because I know them and feel comfortable around them either. Sometimes I just meet people and I am immediately comfortable just gazing into their eyes.

I think everyone has the 'crowd anxiety' thing to lesser or greater degrees. Humans are not naturally supposed to school together like fish, hundreds of us shoulder to shoulder. So it is a bit uncomfortable to do so, especially once you throw all the noise and chaos into the mix.

And of course nearly everyone has felt like someone was watching them and then turned around to see someone standing there at one time or another.

I am interested to see the turn this conversation is going to take.



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If someones watching me I tend to turn it around to pop up behind them...

When I feel uncomfortable in a crowd I feel most comfy because im hidding


I dominate through my gaze and have no need to look away..

Just how I am ^_^



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
I think we lost the ability a long time ago. However we have all had that feeling when we accidentally lock eyes with a stranger and for a moment feel some kind of connection then carry on with our everyday lives. I think this is the remnants of some kind of telepathic communication we lost a long time ago. Our soul knows whats its doing however i feel the physical body is the part that makes us ignore it and carry on walking by.

The physical body is conditioned to many other forms of communication now such as talking, illustrating, phones, computers etc etc we have forget how to communicate any other way however once every now and again this scenario happens and gives us the "What just happened there" feeling


WoW ... So I am not the only person that gets this feeling .. I was starting to think that I was just losing my mind. But I believe these same feelings thesaint was trying to express.

I think we may have actually not lost the ability per se ... But learned to Neglect the ability that our own bodies have to know certain things about other peoples feelings or attitude towards a subject. Or possibly even COMMUNICATE altogether ...

Another question ...

How come the people that are close to us; sometimes don't nessicarily need to say , "I am hungry!" , or "I am cold" ; or some other little things that you just notice abotu the person whether it is how they are sitting or you feel them ... I actually feel some of the same feelings that my g/f feels. But I never say them ... and sometimes .. not all the times but .. 40-60% of the times she will say something along the lines of what I am thinking ??? Anyonefind this rhetorical ... we have our children studying ... how to talk and communicate when we say they learn so fast when they are at a early age. Maybe in teaching them how to Read, write and Arithimatic , we are in reality teaching them not to learn the art of communication that we once used Thousand of years ago ???



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
The eye thing is kind of weird for me. 90% of people, I can't stand to look them in the eye for more than a split second like you say. But there are a select few people I know who I feel very comfortable with and I can just look into their eyes while I talk to them. It's not just because I know them and feel comfortable around them either. Sometimes I just meet people and I am immediately comfortable just gazing into their eyes.

I think everyone has the 'crowd anxiety' thing to lesser or greater degrees. Humans are not naturally supposed to school together like fish, hundreds of us shoulder to shoulder. So it is a bit uncomfortable to do so, especially once you throw all the noise and chaos into the mix.

And of course nearly everyone has felt like someone was watching them and then turned around to see someone standing there at one time or another.

I am interested to see the turn this conversation is going to take.


I am glad someone is interested !!!!!!!!!!! Now we can begin to "DIG IN" and maybe find out what may have possibly went on with each other. As far as why we decided we needed a language and if it was because of LIARS ... Could someone learn how to lie with this other communication method we are saying could have possibly existed !???



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bear Man
If someones watching me I tend to turn it around to pop up behind them...

When I feel uncomfortable in a crowd I feel most comfy because im hidding


I dominate through my gaze and have no need to look away..

Just how I am ^_^


I think you are a special type of person ... one who may be able to really feel peoples emotions just through looking at them alot of times. Even when you don't understand why you starting to feel a certain way; it may be because you are connected with a person that you have no idea that you are connected ,too. You have an Aoura (not sure how to spell that) ... or a very strong ... What ever you want to call it ...

I have also heard alot of things about Meditation and how that it may help you to focus more to better be able to examines ones self as well as others. I wonder if this is what we should be doing as children maybe exercising our MINDS EYE. Instead of exercising the ROOM in the brain. I think we try and teach our kids stuff when they are little and possibly are doing the wrong things ???



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I work in an insurance office and one of my clients just came in asking for rental insurance on his policy. Because he didn't have it ... for some reason when he came in I felt as if he were hiding something. And of course all of you know ... if you have insurance and have a wreck and then don't have rental coverage you can't go add it on your policy for the wreck you already had. For soem reason he was giving off a Vibe that he was lying or hiding something. The wierdest thing the lady came up here from her office as I work the front of the office and she TOLD me ... Something felt wrong about that guy ... Wierdest thing ... Hmmm .. She felt the same Vibes I felt coming off of this guy. COINCEDENTAL ???? I don't know I will keep you guys informed as I have noted his policy to tell whoever the claims adjuster is on his policy that if he tries to claim for the Rental car coverage that we just added it as of today and it is not covered on his policy. ... Anyways ... STRANGE !!! ...



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Since I have been a little kid I have always felt other peoples feelings or that may not be a good way to describe what I feel. Sometimes , it used to make me feel so bad I would literally break down and cry ... sobbing for hours sometimes; not even knowing why ... just thinking about something that I didn't actually even know. Or I would walk by someone and look at them in thier eyes and see so much Anguish and Hurt. Sometimes the opposite would happen I would walk by someone and they would have Happiness and Excitement written all over thier faces and this would make me so excited and Happy even if I was down ... Wierd I know ...

I was thinking about the Song Confortably Numb and the lyrics and how people used to do drugs to relax ... I wonder if maybe possibly...(this is way out there) ... that those people were actually NUMBING thier senses by smoking Pot .. or doing other types of drugs because they were infact feeling other peoples remorse and feelings Towards the war and the Depression and all of the bad things that has taken place over the span of about 30 years running from the Late 50's to Early 80's ???????



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Thought someone else had some KEEN INSIGHT on this situation that may or may have not happend in ALL of our past! ... Here is the LINK !!LINK ! Read the Last Submission ...



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
At this very moment i am sat still as a statue, icey cold, i dare not turn around as i feel like a presence is watching me, stood in my doorway. im so frightened to look, just incase.

ok......here goes.

Phew nothing there. Its this thread. suddenly made me all paranoid i guess! i know what you mean though.



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Paranoia is a link to the weaker parts of ourselves that causes odd things to happen in our mind

Feelings and emotions and all that are linked through this same thing and can be overcome with time its not really an odd thing just most people beat it before it gets outta hand



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Deus_Brandon]



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Water is very Conductive .... I was in a pool the other day .. and I was swimming under water ... ... and I came up and I had my back turned towards everyone .. about 5 other people and we were all just relaxing not really doing much .. All the sudden I felt like my friend Brandon ... was coming towards me ... so I looked at the group and didn't see him I turn back around and he grabs me underwater .. I guess he was swimming towards me .. Just another WIERD FEELING I had .... Figured I would share .. think it had something to do with me hearing him on a subcontious level or maybe felt the water moving ..?????? Anyways ... any other posts like this would help me try and get this thread going alittle more to where it needs to be heading ... !!!



posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When I briefly lock eyes with somebody-I feel like I am looking into their soul. Then flashes about them spring up in my head for an instant. I can sometimes feel the emotions of those I come in contact with in a mall and have even made a point of speaking to them to find my feelings are correct.

I have learned to be careful with the ability. I don't want to be too invasive about somebody's life. I have been able to detect people who are being unfaithful to their partners, or those who have bad intentions.

I think we may have used it in the beginning before we uttered our first words. I believe that we do make telepathic links when we make eye contact, but are afraid of it.

I can often tell when somebody glimpses me and is able to read me; as I them. It can be a bit unnerving. When it is done to me;it feels like I am being scanned. I have learned to smile when this happens and the person smiles back.



posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yah! buddy-it's called girls checking you out at the mall-you to get laid.



posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
When I briefly lock eyes with somebody-I feel like I am looking into their soul. Then flashes about them spring up in my head for an instant. I can sometimes feel the emotions of those I come in contact with in a mall and have even made a point of speaking to them to find my feelings are correct.

I have learned to be careful with the ability. I don't want to be too invasive about somebody's life. I have been able to detect people who are being unfaithful to their partners, or those who have bad intentions.

I think we may have used it in the beginning before we uttered our first words. I believe that we do make telepathic links when we make eye contact, but are afraid of it.

I can often tell when somebody glimpses me and is able to read me; as I them. It can be a bit unnerving. When it is done to me;it feels like I am being scanned. I have learned to smile when this happens and the person smiles back.


This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to get at ... But I thought maybe I was the only person who felt like this ... I know I am not special in any kind of way besides I am the first child in my family ... You don't happen to be the first child in your family do you ??? Anyways ... I am very glad that someone else feels this unerving feeling ... Anyways .. I haven't noticed that I get the feelings when someone else is looking at me I am usually to busy trying to look at everyone and see if they will look at me .. if they speak to me it RUINS whatever feeling I was getting almost as if they are putting up a wall between me reading them .. WEIRD I know .. anyways ... MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE !!! PLEASE



posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwomi
Yah! buddy-it's called girls checking you out at the mall-you to get laid.


I am not sure as to why this post is even here ... I would have gotten points taken away from me if I woudl have posted something of this length .. but that is my luck I guess .. anyways ... ... See how long anyone looks into your eyes ... They can't ... peopel can't look into each others eyes ... because ... they feel something they are unsure of and it scares them !!!




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join