It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Torture Widespread in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow its realy astonishng how ppl get angry when you tell them the truth. I feel like a muslim once cheat on irontyran wife lol anyway welcome in my ignore list for such allegation.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I am amazed at the level of Idiotism and Ignorance at some answers in this thread. Seriously, if those two members were Americans (and I think they are), then all I can say is - you deserve the dumb-ass president, which you have right now. With statements like this, it makes me wonder, what kind of demented and mentally challenged world we live in.

Keep Spreading PISS and Demo-KRAUT-cy!

You can Not Go Wrong!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I am amazed at the level of Idiotism and Ignorance at some answers in this thread. Seriously, if those two members were Americans (and I think they are), then all I can say is - you deserve the dumb-ass president, which you have right now. With statements like this, it makes me wonder, what kind of demented and mentally challenged world we live in.

Keep Spreading PISS and Demo-KRAUT-cy!

You can Not Go Wrong!

They have their opinions just like you have yours. They have said some things that arent true of yourself, being of the "ilk" statement most notably. But lets not get into a personal slugfest. Let it go.

This is an issue that is tough to deal with. Because I myself belive in the methods such as sleep deprivation and others like it that wear down the mind with discomfort and lack of rest. It is effective in dulling the detainees awareness of his/her surroundings without causing physical harm. There is also another part of me that says we should be just as bad as the enemy is(depending on what mood I'm in when I'm typing
) You also have to remember though, in modern times our perceptions of what torture and abuse are. There are those that believe the methods I believe in to be abuse and torture, and I am sure there are those who would condone full-on torture. We sure as hell live in a demented world, theres no doubt in my mind.

Oh, and whats with the Demo-Kraut-cy thing? Are you comparing the US to Nazi Germany. You can U2U me with a response to that, no need to open up that can of worms in this thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yea and anyone with any kind of spiritual awareness would never torture a fellow human being, under any circumstances. That type of stuff is left to sickos like Joseph Mengele.

I will go as far as saying the US is WORSE than Nazi germany. The Nazis didnt have the nerve to try to put all their tyranny into writing, they just did it.....America? Openely want to take away freedoms with "anti-terrorism" laws like the Patriot Act, and Victory Act (thank God this law was fought against and didnt pass, or else wed be in very big trouble for even being at this website.) When will you sheeple learn?

I will also go and say American troops are almost as bad as the Nazi SS....do you guys ever read about some of the stories out there, that never see the light of press? They give you these odd stories here and there, and you guys go and say how they always focus on the bad.....they are covering up the majority of the extreme cases! Incredible the ignorance of the sheeple, you sheeple are anti-american because you support the policies of evil leaders who want to destroy America. That is the hard truth most people dont want to swallow. Your country was taken over when the Federal Reserve was created in 1913. Do the research.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE (curiously penis obsessed)TROLL

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
look at the evidence, this is what it points to. and what am I distrupting? Dont blame me if the truth is hard to swallow

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
*edit*

[edit on 10-8-2006 by arkansasmedic]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
These incidents are rare, and you should consider the "ethnic cleansing" of the regimes that were replaced.

The torture and abuse under the country's former leader is now a trial for genecide.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

We haven't lowered ourselves yet. Once we kidnap people and saw off their heads then we will have lowered ourselves.

How about gang raping a 15 year old girl and murdering her and her mother, father and five year old sister, does that qualify?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
How about gang raping a 15 year old girl and murdering her and her mother, father and five year old sister, does that qualify?

Is that standard policy? No it is not. Those people acted on their own accord and if found guilty will be deal with accordingly. Hear that? We put our people on trial.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Is that standard policy? No it is not. Those people acted on their own accord and if found guilty will be deal with accordingly. Hear that? We put our people on trial.

Well I am sure that the US Army acted on the OWN Record by lowering the level of recruitment to accept Idiots and Morons from the Vast Veriety of Nazi and Hate Groups. And if there are the Aryan Nations graffiti in Baghdad, I am sure that there are Mental Nazi's in the US Army, who allow themselves to walk around and play GOD for few months.

Will they ever BE on Trial?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Souljah we don’t prosecute people in the US based on their feelings toward certain people. And what you just posted is meaningless to the topic Wayno’s brought up. Can you prove that the people who allegedly purported this crime are member of a hate group?

And BTW since when did the US Military say they are allowing members of hate groups to join? Read your article again. Also, I do not appreciate you calling members of the US armed force morons and idiots.

Now to get back to the topic that waynos brought up...

Soldiers are people too; as such they are not immune to committing a crime, especially in war. This has happened before, and will happen again in the future.
However you cannot label the entire military because of it though.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Westpoint, I know you are right about them acting of their own accord, it is still sickening however and it did happen. The fact of which can be used to try to instill further hatred of America in the general Muslim population by those whos agenda it is to do so

[edit on 10-8-2006 by waynos]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yes it is sick and I don’t condone such action, I know a lot of soldier who would never do or even contemplate such a thing. But you are right as unfortunate and tragic as this event is by itself it will be used to target the entire military and it will inevitably put them in danger.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
it will be used to target the entire military and it will inevitably put them in danger.

All the more reason to execute the perpetrators. They're handing the enemy rhetoric and propaganda and are responsible for the death of american soldiers.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
All the more reason to execute the perpetrators.

If they are found guilty and charged with the death penalty then I would support the decision, if that is deemed appropriate then so be it. However that decision has to be based solely on the case and the evidence presented, not on external factors. I do not support basing sentencing on the hopes of appeasing others, that is not how our judicial system should be run.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Deterence is a normal aspect of metting out punishment. Regardless, if these guys are guilty, then they've commited a horrible crime and also endangered american soldiers in the field, and done incredible damage to the US war effort, all the more reason to put a bullet in their heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join