It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderates Stand Up And Be Counted

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's never justifiable for an Israeli civilian to die but it is for Lebanese civilians? Thanks Mr.Moderate
Dont let the door hit your heiny

[edit on 28/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
It's never justifiable for an Israeli civilian to die but it is for Lebanese civilians? Thanks Mr.Moderate
Dont let the door hit your heiny

Subz, you don't get it. IT IS NOT justfiable for innocent Israeli civilians to be killed daily by Hezbollah. IT IS JUSTIFIABLE for Israel to retaliate against Lebanon and Hezbollah when Lebanon will not stand up to Hezbollah. You don't even know what a moderate is. IF anything you're a far left liberal from Australia. So, don't call ME Mr. Moderate. Call me MS Moderate. Thank you very much.

df1

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Subz, you don't get it. IT IS NOT justfiable for innocent Israeli civilians to be killed daily by Hezbollah. IT IS JUSTIFIABLE for Israel to retaliate against Lebanon and Hezbollah when Lebanon will not stand up to Hezbollah. You don't even know what a moderate is. IF anything you're a far left liberal from Australia. So, don't call ME Mr. Moderate. Call me MS Moderate. Thank you very much.

Using the powers of government to rob the treasury for the benefit of foreign governments are the same things being done by the republicans and democrats. Exactly what is the difference between your "moderate" stance and the stance of the demopublican criminals currently in office? I just dont see it.

It appears that it would be more descriptive to call you, "Ms Status Quo".

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Bring it on over to the Moderate Forum and start an appropriate thread for it. I'll show you what I stand for and what you stand for. So, bring it. Or we can go to the dark depths of you know where and I can really shut your rhetoric up. Your choice. It really depends on the tone of the argument you wish you to make against me which place you choose. I'll leave it to you. See you wherever....whenever.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Civility Folks.

df1

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Bring it on over to the Moderate Forum and start an appropriate thread for it. I'll show you what I stand for and what you stand for.

I believe Ive posed a fair question to you for the topic of this thread. You represented that having US tax payers bankrolling the israeli military machine is a moderate political position, however it is no different than the position held by most of the current republican/democrat congress. I am perplexed, how can you call your position a "moderate" position?

I do not make any claims to being a "moderate" nor do I have any pet defintion of the term that I am trying to impose. Im just trying figure out what constitutes a "moderate" by asking questions of those that claim to be "moderate".

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And, I would love to talk to you about that in a civil manner. But, the thread starter indicates that i'm going off topic by posting Moderate stances in here, so I will go to the Moderate forum and talk to you in the Moderate Party thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But, the thread starter indicates that i'm going off topic by posting Moderate stances in here, so I will go to the Moderate forum and talk to you in the Moderate Party thread.

First of all I apologize for getting your gender wrong. I rarely look over the information people post in their bio. I judge people by what they say, not where they live or what sex they are.

Second, this thread deliberately was focused on the issue of dying civilians and those who attempt to rationalize and justify it. Please re-read the very first post in this rather large 5pg thread.

Originally posted by subz
Moderates Stand Up And Be Counted

I need to do this for the sake of my own sanity and faith in humanity. Some of the things being posted in this forum are frightening. There are people, on both sides of the fence, who think nothing of the deaths of innocent civilians. What the hell?

If you are a grounded, sane, moderate person who does not agree that the deaths of innocent civilians of either Lebanon or Israel is acceptable please post in this thread!

I have a gut feeling we are in the majority, but the silent majority. All I seem to be seeing is the loud mouth extremists on both sides frothing at the mouth. I think it's time we stood up and show these people how rational and balanced people react to what is occuring recently.

Thank you

Also I think it is lost on quite a few people that being a moderate does not entail a concrete political stance such as liberal/left and conservative/right. Being a moderate is not so easily defined. Basically anything that eschews extremism can be classed as a moderate stance, that said there is quite a lot of wiggle room.

But to me I would class justifying the deaths of innocent civilians to be abhorrent and hence an extremist position. That is what this thread is about and I class opposition to that sentiment to be a very moderate position.

Take from that what you will.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No big deal. I didn't take it personally, I was only being a smarty pants.

And, I think I was giving you my justification on why I agree with why Israel has to do what it has to do...which is what I thought you were after.

Anyhow, I think you will see that most Moderate Americans agree with me on this issue. And this stance is quite Moderate and fair compared to the extremes the other two sides have called for. Just so we get this straight though...Moderate politics in America does not equal someone being passive. We will stand up and fight when the need arises. Have a nice night!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If there was a third moderate party how many of you would support this? I seriously think the US needs a third party and a stop of polarization. And I think it is a real possibility with influential backing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join