It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderates Stand Up And Be Counted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I need to do this for the sake of my own sanity and faith in humanity. Some of the things being posted in this forum are frightening. There are people, on both sides of the fence, who think nothing of the deaths of innocent civilians. What the hell?

If you are a grounded, sane, moderate person who does not agree that the deaths of innocent civilians of either Lebanon or Israel is acceptable please post in this thread!

I have a gut feeling we are in the majority, but the silent majority. All I seem to be seeing is the loud mouth extremists on both sides frothing at the mouth. I think it's time we stood up and show these people how rational and balanced people react to what is occuring recently.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Look at what I've posted, and you'd never think me a moderate, but I'm more moderate than you'd believe.

I'm never for anyone's death, even when I'm willing to kill them myself. Death ends any chance of change.

Hold on, I'm going to be laughing at this for quite a while.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Moderates are entirely COWARDS, so standing for anything is impossible. By definition a moderate must find out where everyone else is on a subject then follow..........

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Liberals care. Liberals dont want the death and mayhem.

Can i help with anything else?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Liberals care. Liberals dont want the death and mayhem.

Can i help with anything else?

Yes a good liberal at least has the guts to own up to their point of view on the world. Slanted as it may be, at least they are not gutless sheep...........

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
Moderates are entirely COWARDS, so standing for anything is impossible. By definition a moderate must find out where everyone else is on a subject then follow..........

Then why bother posting in a thread that is specifically for moderates to respond to? I suggest you start your own thread for your own views instead of hijacking some one elses

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
*stands up and clears throat*

It's been drummed into my head all my life that the Jewish are bad, evil people but I refuse to become one of the sheep that blindly believe in something such as this. I could never understand how one could apply this sort of logic to a whole race of people and yet this conflict, as well as past, just show how easily some can do just that (and this applies to the Jews attitude towards Muslims also) But I won't bite because I see the wrong doing from all parties involved.

And it makes me sick to my stomach to see the innocent casualties mount up, on both sides, and that so many people can just label it and accept it.

Such is life in 2006 and I just don't understand it nor do I want to.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'll stand up as a moderate.

Go ahead and call me a coward, you only make a fool out of yourself. If you want to call me names for refusing to hate, knock yourself out.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ah good I can see some familiar faces here and it warms my heart

If being a moderate is cowardice then call me a coward. I see nothing heroic in blowing up children, which is what both Hezbollah and Israel have done.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am a moderate as well. Neither the democratic/liberal and republican/coservative can run our country successfully. That is evident. We are moving into a new age. Where gay marriage & other social/moral problems will be clawing at issues. Terrorism. Foreign policy. Rising super and economic powers. Neither party can deal with these issues and more. We need a balanced party created that incoporates the good of liberalism and conservatism. We need to have peace between the bickering, and become united once again.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am a moderate and I will stand as well. It's really sad when civilians have to pay the price for the folly of governments and other organizations.

Thermopolis, we are not cowards. We just like to make up our own minds about what we believe in rather than blindly following the right or left on everything.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I believe it is courageous to advocate peace when everyone else wants to go to war. However in this situation I need more information before I jump all over Hezbollah or the Israelis. I don't know why one side is so upset with the other. I just know that they've been at it for years but I really don't know why. Perhaps they just love to fight and kill each other in the Middle East because they've been programmed since they were a kid to hate any group outside their group.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Cowards? Follow? Never. We are independent thinkers who feel that a packaged stance on the issues is for the masses. We eschew the herd mentality and prefer to draw our own conclusions.

An invitation to the fence...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As a Centrist, say moderate, I think that it is VERY un-cowardly to stand in the face of the sheeples on the left and the right. I take pride in making my own decisions on ANY given topic, not to take a party line. It's a wonder that some are able to think long enough to put a sentance together in a post when they haven't had an independant thought in years.

BTW, I agree subz, the deaths on BOTH sides are unacceptable.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To call someone an extremist is a label that someone places upon another based on one's take of anothers' point of view. After all, who would possibly call themselves an extremist, fanatic or another similar classification? I would think that most people would call themselves moderates, centrist or some other name that would imply being thoughtful or prudent in their beliefs.

Even Liberals and Conservatives frequently distant themselves from the extreme aspects of their ideology even though they might actually hold and espouse beliefs that could easily land them in the fringes of their philosphical camps.

A liberal, conservative or moderate really is in the eye of the beholder and the ideological stance that the observer maintains.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I beg your pardon BT, I should have said far left and far right.

Your point is taken.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well to me it seems like the number of people on the extreme right AND the extreme left is growing every day. Perhaps that is just my perception, but that is what it feels like.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am with you subz. It's almost unbelievable that anybody thinks the deaths of those who really have nothing to do with the main problem is a way to solve anything. Unfortunately, this planet has always been a violent place, almost like it's just meant to be that way....sucks.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

couldnt agree more, although I will agree murdering civilians is really ground I dont want to tread upon for ethical reasons.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
subz, what is your definition of "Moderate"?

If your only definition of a moderate is someone who believe that innocent civilian deaths are wrong then that would be 99.9% of the world population. ANY sane human being should feel that way.

If you're talking about "moderate" as in not conservative or liberal....what does (American) politics have to do with anything when it comes to innocent civilan deaths?

Edit: Also -

It's almost unbelievable that anybody thinks the deaths of those who really have nothing to do with the main problem is a way to solve anything.

Some of the things being posted in this forum are frightening. There are people, on both sides of the fence, who think nothing of the deaths of innocent civilians. What the hell?

Where?
I really want to know.

I've seen SS glorifying the insurgents killing Americans and civilians, but other than that, and in this latest situation, I haven't seen anyone even remotely saying that civilian deaths are good or acceptable.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by ThatsJustWeird]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join