It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Iran Seizes Command, Syrian Pilots in Planes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
debka.com...

Our sources add Syrian fighter pilots are sitting in their cockpits.

These orders went out from Syrian president Bashar Assad July 20 when Iran’s Revolutionary Guards commander Brig.-Gen Yahya Rahim Safavi (picture) assumed command of the Lebanon war from Hizballah leader Hassan Nasrallah. Tehran’s direct military intervention in the conflict was accompanied by an Iranian weapons airlift which began landing Wednesday, July 19, at the Abu Ad Duhur military airfield north of Homs. The deliveries include large quantities of new missiles, including the long-range Zelzal and Fajr 3 and Fajr 5 missiles, Katyusha rockets, anti-tank and anti-air missiles sent out from RG HQ in Bandar Abbas on the Persian Gulf.

Assad acted on the assumption that Israel, whose air force and ground forces are already hammering the cross-border supply routes north of the Litani River to block the passage of Iranian hardware to Hizballah, will soon decide to go for Iranian military operations in Damascus and Abu Ad Duhur.

Gen. Safavi has set up two forward command posts which coordinate war operations with Hizballah chief of staff Ibrahim Akil.

Yikes, if this is true, here we go. Just what all the warmongers have been waiting for. If Iran has taken over command of the Lebanon War, then it looks like this could get real bad, real fast. Just please spare my nephew, Mr. Bush. He's a hard working, intelligent young man that could do without getting his ass shot off saving Israel.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
My entire family is composed of honest, hard working young men and women who would have to hog tie me if they went to a war over this meglomaniac president over my dead body.
And the way i see it- Its all Bush's fault. Every bit of it. Yep. You stirr the pot long enough and you get nothing good out of it.

CX

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Would'nt we have seen something on the news about this if it happened two days ago?

CX.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Personally, I think Iran and Syria will not intervene in terms of military force. Probably they'll increase arm deliveries to Hezbollah. If they would choose for military intervention, the US and Israel attacks on Syria and Iran would be generally justified . Iran and Syria would be seen as the aggressors, which wouldn’t be in their interest.

By increasing the arm supplies to Hezbollah, Israel will feel a greater need attack Syria, otherwise the Israeli forces will have an even harder job to clear out Southern Lebanon from liberation forces, which would cause a greater opposition against the Israeli acts of war, which of course is not what they are looking out for.

Therefore I wouldn't be surprised to see a by the US and/or Israeli set up Iranian or Syrian attack on Israel (cities/troops) or US (ships/troops), which would open the door for the US and Israel to attack Syria and Iran, and possibly the intervention of an international coalition force to support Israel and the US. If this happens, we can finally speak of a World War.

Let us hope this will not happen, as even more innocent lives will be taken away on both sides.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
If this happens, we can finally speak of a World War.

How would that be a world war? Is China and Russia going to crash their economies and go to war with NATO over Iran?

It would be a regional war. Besides all you who are talking about the draft, there will be none. The government will have to open a lot more jails that is for sure if there is one. Also the democrats will sweep Congress. Bring impeachment hearings against Bush for lying yet again [because he said he wouldn't bring the draft back]. It just wouldn't be successful or make sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by Mdv2
If this happens, we can finally speak of a World War.

How would that be a world war? Is China and Russia going to crash their economies and go to war with NATO over Iran?

There's no need for economies to crash to result in a world war. As soon as Iran and Syria go into war with Israel, there is a very good chance much more countries will get involved, if this happens, the conflict is likely to develop from a regional to an international conflict, fought not only in the middle east.

A world war - is a military conflict affecting the majority of the world's countries. World wars usually span multiple continents, and are very bloody and destructive.

A Question we cannot answer for instance is what China and North Korea will do if Iran and Syria get involved. Don't forget China has important interests in the Middle East. However, I agree with you, the US is a rather more important partner than Iran.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
As soon as I found out your source for this crap is DEBKA, I stopped reading.

Keep It Real

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

There's no need for economies to crash to result in a world war.

It will only be a world war is if America goes to war with Iran, is in Iraq, is in Afghanistan, and then China attacks Taiwan and North Korea attacks South Korea. Now if that were to happen, America would ship huge amounts of weapons to Taiwan and would help them, same with South Korea. Japan would no doubt also fight. So in that sense, then yes it could start a world war.

But if it between the US, Israel, some other international forces, against Iran and Syria it will not be a world war. And yes, the economies of the world will take a huge beating if there is a world war because economies are very intertwined these days.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
As soon as I found out your source for this crap is DEBKA, I stopped reading.

Keep It Real

Debka IS real, and has been around for a long time. Is this story true, and are all debka stories true? Who knows. But I thought I'd bring it here just as an FYI to ATS. That's why I didn't have much commentary on it.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Honestly, if Debka said the Earth was round, I'd start to doubt it.

Debka is a propaganda organ of the Israeli far-right, and their purpose for existing seems to be to scare the wits out of gullible Israelis and Americans with alarmist rumour-mongering.

According to Debka a joint Iranian/Syrian invasion of Israel has been "imminent" for the last four or five years...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't understand people who say Iran can go to war against Israel. I ask how? Have you ever looked at the map? Tho one way to israel is through Iraq and Jordan, the other one through Iraq and Syria and the 3rd (longer one) through Turkey and Syria. Now do you really expect US forces in Iraq or Turkey would allow Iranian army to move through their territory? Do you believe they would allow Iranian airforce to fly through their airspace? Certainly not. The only think Iranians can do is to fire few ballistic missiles or smuggle few hundreds of personel and light weapons to Lebanon like they do today. It wil certainly not affect the outocome of the war. They are simply too far away and their power projections is almost nonexistent. So there remains only Syria and Syria will NEVER go to full scale war against Israel alone. Hell they did not even attempted to shoot down Israeli planes when they flew over Assad palace!

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Is there another source for this information other than debka, they are no better than the Weekly World News for news and information and are notoriously and often sensationally pro-israeli to the point of deliberate misinformation.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

There's no need for economies to crash to result in a world war.

It will only be a world war is if America goes to war with Iran, is in Iraq, is in Afghanistan, and then China attacks Taiwan and North Korea attacks South Korea. Now if that were to happen, America would ship huge amounts of weapons to Taiwan and would help them, same with South Korea. Japan would no doubt also fight. So in that sense, then yes it could start a world war.

How do you know that for sure? You think when this thing between Israel and Syria decides to escalate every country in the world starts breaking eachothers noses? That's definately the stereotype bar-shootout scenario, and i have serious doubts such a thing can happen. China would not find a reason to invade Taiwan, the same for North Korea, why would they suddenly attack the South?

Or are you suggesting the scenario where everyone occupies the USA forces at the same time, making its military fracturing?

[edit on 23-7-2006 by Mammoth]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This info is complete BS. Ranks right up there with the one hour warning to Tel Aviv from last week. Folks really need to consider their sources before posted stuff.

top topics

join