It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Tsunami happened in Indoneisia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm still scrtaching my head trying to figure out why I didn't hear about it on the bloody news! This one samller, but still killed over 550 people from a 7.7 mag. quake. I have to admitt, I haven't watched any world news, but man I would hope the local news might report this. I did not find another post on this new tsunami July, 2006.

The powerful quake sent towering waves crashing into a 180-kilometer (110-mile) stretch of Java's southern coast, destroying scores of houses, restaurants and hotels. Cars, motorbikes and boats were left mangled amid fishing nets, furniture and other debris.

Nearly 550 people were killed and 323 others were missing, said Indonesia's national disaster coordinating board, adding that more than 50,000 had fled their homes, either because the structures were damaged or destroyed or because people feared more killer waves, the AP reports.

Authorities did not pass on any warnings to officials or residents on the coast despite receiving two bulletins from regional tsunami agencies that the quake had the potential to trigger a killer wave.

Since the disaster, officials have given different explanations of their actions after the warnings were received, as well as the timeline of events, leading to criticism by lawmakers and the media in the country worst hit by the 2004 Asian tsunami.

english.pravda.ru...

Another article...

"Mass grave for tsunami dead" PANGANDARAN, Indonesia -- Rescue workers dug decomposed corpses from ruined homes and hotels in this tsunami-devastated town yesterday, and a mass burial was held for some of the 531 people killed by the waves.

torontosun.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thanks Hellmutt.....I'll hope on over there

new topics

join