It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Incredible Hulk:' Your Official Information On The Next 'Hulk' Movie...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Scene from 'Hulk' (2003)...

'The Incredible Hulk:' Your Official Information On The Next 'Hulk' Movie...

The First Attempt...

'Hulk' (2003)...

Plot:

Bruce Banner (Eric Bana), a brilliant scientist with a cloudy past about his family, is involved in an accident in his laboratory causing him to become exposed to gamma radiation and Nanomeds (A tiny life-form that is supposed to heal wounds but has killed everything with which they have made contact.) Confused and curious about his survival, Banner discovers that since the accident, whenever he becomes angry he transforms into a giant green monster destroying everything in sight in an act of fury. Bruce's mysterious past and the answer to why the radiation had this effect becomes revealed to him as his Birth Father David Banner (Nick Nolte) intervenes with hopes to continue experimenting on him.

Official Site...

The Comic...

The Incredible Hulk is a fictional character who lives in the Marvel universe. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the character first appeared in Incredible Hulk # 1 in May 1962. Nuclear physicist Dr. Bruce Banner is caught in the blast of a gamma bomb he had created and is transformed into the Hulk, a raging monstrosity. The character, both as Banner and the Hulk, is often pursued by law enforcement or the armed forces, often a result of the destruction he causes. While the coloration of the character's skin varies during the course of its publication history, the Hulk is most often depicted as green.

The Hulk is featured in a number of animated series, a feature film directed by Ang Lee, and a long-running television series and spin-off television movies starring Bill Bixby as Banner.

For a very in-depth look at the hulk comics, please see hulk (wikipedia) ...

'The Incredible Hulk'...

As of now (7/22/06), very little information about 'The Incredible Hulk' is known...

The main thing we know (that is official) is:

The Director:

Leterrier to Direct The Incredible Hulk!

Continuing its strategy to independently develop and produce a new slate of feature films, Marvel Studios - a subsidiary of Marvel Entertainment, Inc. - has signed top rising director Louis Leterrier to direct a new big screen adaptation of The Incredible Hulk, based on the legendary Marvel Super Hero. The announcement was made today by Michael Helfant, President/COO of Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, President of Production for Marvel Studios.

Leterrier recently directed Transporter 2, which opened at the top of the box office earlier this year, as well as the critically-acclaimed Unleashed, starring Jet Li, Morgan Freeman and Bob Hoskins.

BTS thread about this news: 'the incredible hulk' director is announced...

What has Louis Leterrier been involved with in the past:

‘Alien: Resurrection’ (1997) (On-Set Production Assistant)
‘The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc’ (1999) (Production Assistant)
‘The Transporter’ (2002) (Artistic Director)
‘The Transporter 2’ (2005) (Director)
‘Unleashed’ (2005) (Director)

For a complete look at Louis Leterrier, please see:

Louis Leterrier (IMDB)...

Fewer CGI Elements For 'The Incredible Hulk?'

Here is a quote from Louis Leterrier:

"I can already tell you that I don't intend to use as much 3D as the first movie did. As for the budget, it will be over 100 millions."

Sequel Or Remake?

One of the big questions, that many people have not even touched upon, is that whether this movie will be a sequel or a remake. This question needs to be answered very soon in order for further speculation on the film. The official answer to this question is that this 'Hulk' movie will be a "try again" remake of the first one.

If you haven't heard the latest news on the Hulk pseudo-sequel rumblings, let me quickly fill you in before we discuss today's news -- otherwise, you'd probably be a bit confused. Hulk, as a movie, disappointed most fans. It might have been an interesting character study, or whatever, but it wasn't what we wanted from a Hulk film. The bad reception made the possibility of a sequel very slim; Marvel now says they are handling the property themselves, and will NOT be making a sequel, but will instead just "try again" with a new Hulk film. A restart, if you will. Since that announcement, rumors have flown fast and furious regarding who will play the new Hulk. The only thing more or less everyone agreed on was that it would not be Erik Bana, star of the recent Hulk flop.

Will Erik Bana Play "Bruce Banner" In This Film?

Another big question is whether or not Erik Bana will play "Bruce Banner" in 'The Incredible Hulk.' As of now, Bana would like to be considered for the role but for him it all depends on the script, the timing, and whether they want him.

Bana, however, would like to be considered. When asked recently about his thoughts on returning to the franchise (by a scooper over at Superhero Hype), he did not outright deny it, as we all expected he would. Instead, he said it depends on a lot of things, like the script, the timing and whether they want him. He'd like to, and he's looking to talk about "that one real soon." The highlighted emphasis is my own, because I consider it to be the key phrase in this comment. If Marvel wants to clearly break from the first film and start over again, they surely wouldn't use the same actor, right? That'd cause all manner of sequel/not-a-sequel confusion.

Which Characters From The Comic Will Be In This Film?

Just recently (7/22/06), Louis Leterrier made it official that "Abomination" will be the villain in this film.

Even though former Marvel Studios chief executive Avi Arad let the cat out of the bag earlier this year, The Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier made it official today at the San Diego Comic-Con that Abomination will indeed be the villain for the follow-up.

"He's capable of amazing feats," Arad said previously, describing the former Yugoslav spy who has mutated into a 980-pound freak of terrifying strength and unpleasant demeanor.

Emil Blonsky was a spy of Soviet Yugoslavian origin working for the KGB who gained his powers after being exposed to gamma radiation similar to that which transformed Bruce Banner into The Incredible Hulk, but a higher dose than that which created the Hulk. Because Emil Blonsky, like Bruce Banner, belongs to the small minority of people who are born with a genetic factor that cause them to change instead of being killed by the radiation, he was permanently transformed into a massive green-skinned monster whose physical power was even greater than that of the Hulk. While he was able to maintain his normal level of self-control and intelligence after this transformation, he is unable to return to human form. Still, he has changed some over the years. Originally he was shorter and lighter than the Hulk, but is now more massive and taller than him.

Given his gamma-spawned origins, Blonsky blames his condition on Banner and his alter ego, the Hulk. The Abomination and the Hulk have clashed on numerous occasions, with Blonsky perpetually playing the role of the aggressor. Although Blonsky occasionally gains the upper hand in their battles, the Hulk manages to triumph in the end. But not always; the Abomination is one of the few who can lay claim to victory over the green-skinned goliath.

For complete information on the character of "Abomination," please see Abomination (wiki)...

The Purpose Of This Thread...

The purpose of this thread is to get as much of the official information on 'The Incredible Hulk' as possible and to put it all into this thread. As stated before, there is only a very little amount of official information available. That is why speculation and rumors will be allowed on this thread. If you want to post a rumor (anything that is not official), please just state that it is such so that this thread does not get confusing to readers.

ENJOY THE NEWS!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Marvel confirmed today that The Incredible Hulk is its other 2008 release, besides Iron Man. The company said that they expect to start production on "Hulk" in the second quarter of 2007.

superherohype.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Why not just shoot the hulk in the face when he hulks down? or poison him?

thus no more hulkster maniac?

oh wait that'd kill the sequel. hah.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

superherohype.com
A scooper alerted us that "Prison Break" star Dominic Purcell appeared on New York radio station WPLJ this morning and was asked by hosts Scott Shannon and Todd Pettengill whether he is up for the role of Bruce Banner/Hulk in Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk.

Purcell didn't confirm or deny his involvement but the tone of his voice is pretty much a giveaway that he is at least in talks. But don't take our word for it, you can listen to the clip yourself here!

Mis-cast if you ask me I like Dominic Purcell but Banner should be a geeky guy with no muscles.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Mis-cast if you ask me I like Dominic Purcell but Banner should be a geeky guy with no muscles.

I agree.

It would be a mistake to turn Dominic Purcell into Banner.... This guy doesn't have the Bob Lazar "geeky guy" look lol.....

So where did the WPLJ rumor start from ?

" i like your avatar background, I copied your style in a way lol "

[edit on 17-8-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
" i like your avatar background, I copied your style in a way lol "

I noticed, it looks cool

Pretty brave of you really considering how much a background image costs. One tiny mistake and you have to buy a new one.

I'd really love to see David Duchovny play Banner. He could pull it off and way more people would pay to see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

thus no more hulkster maniac?

oh wait that'd kill the sequel. hah.

Poison doesn't work. Your talking about a guy who can eat ANYTHING and digest it, poison is just another food source.
Plus I don't think a bullet would penetrate the Hulk deep enough to cause any damage. The Hulk is practically invincible and he is capable of achieving the impossible (this guy actually STOPPED the Juggernaut!).
Besides, he heals fast enough to put Wolverine to shame.

I have been gently following this film since I heard about it. I was happy Duchovony(sp?) was rumoured to be playing Banner, but then I heard another rumour that Eric Bana was returning to the role. I hope not because he wasn't Banner enough for me.

I'm glad they're redoing the series, especially under the title "The Incredible Hulk". The last movie was slightly < enter expletive here > because there was no solid focus. Were we meant to focus on the tediously overpresented inner anguish, the torturous meanderings of Richard Banner, or the frigid relationship between Bruce and Betty?

IMO the Hulk is about fighting, with Ang Lee's personal take on it coming up after. I'm looking forward to some triple H green-on-green action.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Incredible Hulk Release Date Announced.

June 27th 2008.

Having a release date set and not having the lead cast kind of makes me worry.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Incredible Hulk Release Date Announced.

June 27th 2008.

Having a release date set and not having the lead cast kind of makes me worry.

hey three days before my birthday

yeah, i see what you mean by how it could make one worry if they don't have a lead cast yet...

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Some may disagree but I think it's a bad move to redo it all again, thats just bad form, make it a sequal but make it "better".
If they just start again I think it will loose alot of credibilty and make me not want to watch it at all. I liked Eric Bana in the first one and think he fits the role well, they just need better direction and better dialogue oh and a better story.

But all that has happened is we got Hulk's background out of the way and then we can get some real action in a sequal.

Some may disagree but as much as I like comic superheroes I dont read any comics so I dont really know how the first film linked with any of his stories but I think for the films sake "don't redo it".

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Edward Norton to play Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk.

I'm blown away. I think Norton is perfect for this role.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Because that just pisses Banner off and he mutates into the Hulk again.

Just for the record I liked the first Hulk movie. This one should be better though.

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Looks like were getting a gray Hulk for this movie.

Grey Hulk for "Incredible Hulk" Movie.

This will be the first time Hulk hasn't been green in a live action feature.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I hope they cast Jennifer Connelly again. I'm in movie love with her.
~hearts floating above my head~

[edit on 9-5-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism

I hope they cast Jennifer Connelly again. I'm in movie love with her.
~hearts floating above my head~

MrMysticism, check out the post directly above yours. Liv Tyler is Betty Ross.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Oh! I missed that. She is second runner up on my movie love list. Good choice!

~Cupids arrow struck me on that thought~

Added: I mean just look at those beautiful eyes!

[edit on 9-5-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
lol
Well, I'm glad you are still happy.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i heard that they just cast abomination (even though they won't be using that name as they called it "silly") can anyone tell me who they go for it?

edit: nevermind, just checky out superherohype, Tim Roth has been cast as Emil Blonsky.

[edit on 5/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
madnessinmysoul, info is 5 posts above yours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join